Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 03-30-2016, 8:13 PM

Default Ladies, How is your 2016 so far?

Hello to the Women of Cal Guns,
I was just checking how everyone is holding up ion 2016, we don't always have to come together to talk about guns to uplift and support one another
Old 04-01-2016, 11:11 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Thanks for asking Divine. Not bad in that I'm still working, shooting when I can, & teaching class when time permits. Squeezing in bass tournaments too

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Old 04-09-2016, 8:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyrlp10 View Post
Thanks for asking Divine. Not bad in that I'm still working, shooting when I can, & teaching class when time permits. Squeezing in bass tournaments too
Thats good, as of right now Im finishing up school and deciding whether I would like to pursue my career in california or go out of state
Old 04-09-2016, 9:11 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime

big decision, Divine.
but one that you can always change your mind about.
so much to consider: quality of life, $, geography, family, friends, etc.
good luck!
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 04-13-2016, 12:57 AM

Divine, if you are a native or long time Californian, take this opportunity to go see the world.

I've lived in the North East, Virginia, Mississippi, Indiana and all over California. Had lots of fun in Manhattan, New Orleans and Chicago. And traveled to, or through, a whole lot of other states and Canada. One time, took an extended road trip across the northern states, hitting Idaho, Wyoming, the Dakotas, etc. Go see what other places are like. You might like 'em, maybe not. If not, you will know to appreciate CA. And unless you go live somewhere else, you'll never know. And take the opportunity to look around before you get involved in children and mortgages, which really can tie you down for years.

If you're just coming out of school, your very first priority should be to take a job that will build your resume best. That governs pay and promotions, over the long haul.

And please review my signature line "What I have learned so far, mostly the hard way".
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 04-13-2016 at 1:03 AM..
Old 04-13-2016, 7:08 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime

BonnieB again writes truth!

and I 2nd her call to see more of the world.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 04-19-2016, 7:55 PM

Hello ladies. Still waging an assault on winning a belt buckle this year in shooting as far as my wallet allows me. I have been looking for a better job which will ease the burden but have been running into a brick wall. I skipped softball season to concentrate on shooting. Trying to decide whether to try to stick it out in California and buy a condo or move somewhere else. The looking for a job long distance is difficult. I'd rather stay in my home town. A few challenges but in my life but still enjoy trapshooting when I can.
Old 04-19-2016, 8:26 PM

I would love to move out of state but, my husband's work keeps us here for now.

I shoot twice a week or more and once a week with my coach. I am finally seeing a big improvement in my sporting clay game. You are right renay, Clay shooting is not a poor man's sport. I adore shotgun sports....mostly sporting clays and skeet but, never miss a chance to shoot at any chance I get.

I have lived east coast, west coast and in Europe. Not sure where I would go if given the chance from here. California has the best weather but the everything else here depresses me.

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 04-20-2016, 5:18 PM

I'm trying to live my life and enjoy the few things I can. I hate working so hard only to come home and sit and watch TV. People shouldn't have to feel guilty about having a couple of luxuries in life. I wasn't born into trapshooting but my upbringing isn't going to define me.
Old 04-22-2016, 9:29 PM

Aww what a nice thread! Love it!

Good luck w school and like the other ladies have said, go explore!

My career is set, but at 31 I am working on my Bachelors. Gonna take some time but I'm sure it'll be worth it. As for guns, taxes owned me - so no new toys... But there's not much CA Compliant I want at the moment so I guess it's not a big deal. :/
Old 05-06-2016, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renay View Post
Hello ladies. Still waging an assault on winning a belt buckle this year in shooting as far as my wallet allows me. I have been looking for a better job which will ease the burden but have been running into a brick wall. I skipped softball season to concentrate on shooting. Trying to decide whether to try to stick it out in California and buy a condo or move somewhere else. The looking for a job long distance is difficult. I'd rather stay in my home town. A few challenges but in my life but still enjoy trapshooting when I can.
Renay, I don't know what your career plans/qualifications are, but looking for jobs by remote control is really easy in the tech world. Lots of phone interviews and video interviews. Also, lots of national firms will let you go to a local office and interview there, at least for the first two rounds.

But take the most resume-building job, even if you have to travel for an interview. Resume building is a long term investment that will insure good growth in your career. Go live somewhere else, while you're young and unattached. Plenty of time to settle down in the home town later.

And for those who think CA is depressing, just imagine living in Detroit....
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:41 PM

Nope, I wouldn't like Detroit either. The weather stinks. The unfunded liabilities, and the unions make it just as appealing California. Nope.... Neither one is appealing.

What is your chosen occupation, renay?

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 08-08-2016, 6:15 PM

Default Ladies, How is your 2016 so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIVINE View Post
Hello to the Women of Cal Guns,
I was just checking how everyone is holding up ion 2016, we don't always have to come together to talk about guns to uplift and support one another
Hi, its kinda a great year for me although there were some challenges along the way. By the way, I learned from that. Its been half a year and everything is running good with my career and family life. I'm really looking forward to some more luck before the year ends.
Old 08-25-2016, 5:39 AM

It is great so far, Even we are having troubles at times but there are always something to be thankful.