Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-23-2011, 1:54 PM
Veteran Member

but arent places where you can carry a firearm like az texas etc.. have lower crime rates then sd ????
Old 08-23-2011, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillincody View Post
but arent places where you can carry a firearm like az texas etc.. have lower crime rates then sd ????
In the research I have done covering world-wide application of gun controls, you can find examples to argue both positions. Places that have strong gun control with low crime. Places with lax gun control with low crime. Places with strong gun control and high crime. Places with lax gun control and high crime.

The nature of crime is affected by so many other factors, that gun control is really minor in the grand scheme. The only thing that changes to a degree is the type of crime.
Old 08-23-2011, 3:53 PM
Veteran Member

true true
Old 08-23-2011, 6:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixCPA View Post
The nature of crime is affected by so many other factors, that gun control is really minor in the grand scheme. The only thing that changes to a degree is the type of crime.
There are those who argue that Roe v. Wade was responsible for the start of the decline of violent crime way back when.
Old 08-25-2011, 1:28 PM

Have come and

have gone.

Anything new to report?

ET1 - U.S. Navy, Retired

Politicians take note...

"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies,
foreign and domestic..."
Old 09-13-2011, 3:02 PM

update?
Old 09-20-2011, 8:25 PM

Im downo help! please let me know how I can, I will be donating $100 bux next pay day. Thanks for those who stepped up and is fighting for our 2A rights!!!

Last edited by Liberty1776; 09-30-2011 at 8:10 PM..
Old 10-09-2011, 9:35 PM

I have a question and i would like everyones input about what a "good cause" is. i couple years ago my wifs ex filed a false police report against me( no reason to go into detail it was dismissed due to being unfounded) now we are talking about going to court and terminating his parental rights( we already have full custody due to his false report). due to the fact that we are unsure if he is here in cali or on the other side of the world would i be able to figure out some wording for a "good cause"? or would they pretty much say kick rocks?
Old 10-10-2011, 7:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.hors View Post
I have a question and i would like everyones input about what a "good cause" is. i couple years ago my wifs ex filed a false police report against me( no reason to go into detail it was dismissed due to being unfounded) now we are talking about going to court and terminating his parental rights( we already have full custody due to his false report). due to the fact that we are unsure if he is here in cali or on the other side of the world would i be able to figure out some wording for a "good cause"? or would they pretty much say kick rocks?
Without a restraining order, you won't have much of a chance with Gore's people.
Member #46312
Old 10-11-2011, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.hors View Post
The San Diego Sheriff licensing division handles the interviews. They do two part interviews. Interview #1.) They will scrutinize your good cause statement and ask you lot of questions. It costs no money to do this. At that stage they will try to dissuade you from applying if your good cause statement is weak. If you insist on going through the application process, they will tell you what to do and make a second appointment at which time they'll collect fees from you.

Old 10-12-2011, 8:59 PM

Oh it's better than that... 1 of 40 of the convicts released under the CA "fix your population problem" (IN SAN DIEGO... per Hedgecock 600 KOGO) actually bothered to show up and register at the parole office. There's 39 warrants out for the others...

But WE cant be "trusted" to walk the streets of the cities we pay for with a CCW while criminals are dumped into them and "trusted" to voluntarily appear for parole meetings.

CA never stops finding ways to astonish me...

Last edited by any2cards; 10-12-2011 at 9:00 PM.. Reason: sorry, this for SD, not sure about other areas, cited source
Old 10-13-2011, 2:58 PM

Best way to fix this is recall Gore or vote his *** out on the street in 2014... he was appointed by politicians as a buddy system and won "re-election" due to large contributions from businesses and politicians just like him. He's a joke and needs to be recalled or fired.
Old 11-06-2011, 6:59 AM
Gold Member...Oh Behave!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by warkaj View Post
Best way to fix this is recall Gore or vote his *** out on the street in 2014... he was appointed by politicians as a buddy system and won "re-election" due to large contributions from businesses and politicians just like him. He's a joke and needs to be recalled or fired.
I'm with you 100%.
Old 01-17-2012, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
The San Diego Sheriff licensing division handles the interviews. They do two part interviews. Interview #1.) They will scrutinize your good cause statement and ask you lot of questions. It costs no money to do this. At that stage they will try to dissuade you from applying if your good cause statement is weak. If you insist on going through the application process, they will tell you what to do and make a second appointment at which time they'll collect fees from you.
What kind of questions?
Old 01-17-2012, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime1 View Post
What kind of questions?
"What is your name?"

"What is your quest?"

"What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

ET1 - U.S. Navy, Retired

Politicians take note...

"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies,
foreign and domestic..."
Old 01-17-2012, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazdat View Post
"What is your name?"

"What is your quest?"

"What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

European or African Swallow?
Member #46312
Old 01-19-2012, 10:46 AM

Ok, ok, I set that one up.

But seriously. I'm curious. Do they go through your app line by line, question your GC statement? Delve into your moral character? Anything people can share so that others can be better prepared would seem helpful.

At this point Librarian usually pastes in a wiki...
Old 01-20-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Ok, ok, I set that one up.

But seriously. I'm curious. Do they go through your app line by line, question your GC statement? Delve into your moral character? Anything people can share so that others can be better prepared would seem helpful.

At this point Librarian usually pastes in a wiki...
I will share,

They will deny you straight out unless you are already from an annointed class of people. (politically connected to Gore, private business owner dealing in large amounts of money.)

The clerk will ask you have you considerded using mace, pepper spray, taser etc. They will also tell you you are free to turn in the application but will most likely be denied, but they will take your money anyway.

There are only about 700 or so civilian CCW's issued to San Diegans, so you will not get one.

In reality the entire first interview is to tell you that they dont issue ccw's unless you have a tremendous need, and even if you have the best reason, they can still choose to not issue for whatever reason they want.

I went in with prior military experience, combat veteran, badged city firefighter, State Paramedic and GC statement involving testifying on the stand regularly against criminal types encountered from work.

There response, and I quote "Oh, we cant give you a permit. If we give you a permit, then every other firefighter will come in hear and want one."

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:46 AM

firemark - Your experience sounds understandably frustrating. I am still crafting my GC and have had a few people in-the-know review it and offer editing suggestions. I'm torn between going ahead now and waiting until the courts tell Sheriff Gore that he needs to go virtual shall-issue. I'll relay my experiences to this group so we can all learn together.

BTW - Thank you for your service to our country and community.
Old 01-24-2012, 5:18 PM

Quote:
firemark - Your experience sounds understandably frustrating. I am still crafting my GC and have had a few people in-the-know review it and offer editing suggestions. I'm torn between going ahead now and waiting until the courts tell Sheriff Gore that he needs to go virtual shall-issue. I'll relay my experiences to this group so we can all learn together.

BTW - Thank you for your service to our country and community.
Good luck is all I can say, but I did the same, had several people in the know assist with crafting best GC statement possible for me, and you saw what happend. Gore and Baca are not going to let common folk carry. It doesnt serve their purpose to decrease crime hence decrease their funding.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!
Old 01-25-2012, 1:20 PM

Quote:
What kind of questions?
What fire said.

Just call and make an appointment and go talk to them. Talking is free. My advice would be to examine already approved pieces of good cause and use those. Don't try to invent good cause that's never been used before.

Legally speaking if they approve one set of GC, then under the equal protection law they must treat your GC the same.

i.e. If Jim's GC is approved because he is a pharmacist and transports drugs and Bob a different pharmacist who also transports drugs applies, then his GC must be approved.

Self defense seems the hardest route to go. If you're a business and make ATM deposits, a jeweler, a pharmacist, a private investigator, they will issue permits with supporting documentation.

Old 01-25-2012, 5:55 PM

All good to know.

IIRC there were several GC statements brought forth through recent litigation, but part of the judge's ruling was that the plaintiff's GC didn't EXACTLY match the precedent GC.
Old 01-25-2012, 6:45 PM

"I will share,
They will deny you straight out unless you are already from an annointed class of people. (politically connected to Gore, private business owner dealing in large amounts of money.)
There are only about 700 or so civilian CCW's issued to San Diegans, so you will not get one. "

This is very discouraging, I was going to attempt myself. I am a business owner, I deliver product to the border and get paid cash. Not big bucks but 1-3 thousand dollars. I used to open carry as a deterrent to robbery prior to 01/01/12.
Is this a fact? There are only 700 permits in San Diego.There are 3,000,000 residents! Is there any litigation currently in the courts that if the pro constitution party prevails will change this policy?

Last edited by Baja Jones; 01-25-2012 at 6:47 PM..
Old 01-27-2012, 11:30 AM

I sent my first CalGuns Foundation $100.00 donation in yesterday, designating that it be applied toward San Diego CCW/LTC sponsorship. I would encourage any of you that have not already done so, and want to move this very worthwhile issue forward in SD County, to make a financial pledge to help.
Old 02-13-2012, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Jones View Post
"I will share,
There are only about 700 or so civilian CCW's issued to San Diegans, so you will not get one. "

This is very discouraging, I was going to attempt myself. I am a business owner, I deliver product to the border and get paid cash. Not big bucks but 1-3 thousand dollars. I used to open carry as a deterrent to robbery prior to 01/01/12.
Is this a fact? There are only 700 permits in San Diego.There are 3,000,000 residents! Is there any litigation currently in the courts that if the pro constitution party prevails will change this policy?
1-3K in cash is significant. You should apply. You'll most likely get your permit.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Calguns Addict

San Diego County CCW Policy, Good Cause Statements, Guidelines and Forms can be found Here
Old 02-17-2012, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardW56 View Post
San Diego County CCW Policy, Good Cause Statements, Guidelines and Forms can be found Here
Pages 245/246, 289/290, 291/292, 312/313(?), 342/343, 347/348, 443/444(?), 542/543(?), 551/552/553(?), 565/566(?), 598/599, 702/703(?) seem to have statements that are generically applicable to most people. What is the next step here? Is it "time", yet?
Old 02-17-2012, 2:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtyner View Post
Pages 245/246, 289/290, 291/292, 312/313(?), 342/343, 347/348, 443/444(?), 542/543(?), 551/552/553(?), 565/566(?), 598/599, 702/703(?) seem to have statements that are generically applicable to most people. What is the next step here? Is it "time", yet?
At this point, as long as people understand that we're not seeking plaintiffs unless we specifically say as much, there's no better or worse time to apply.

All facts from here on out are 'interesting'.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Jones View Post
"I will share,

Well if you apply and they grant a permit based on your good cause, I would like to become your employee, to get the same consideration. I have impecable references.

Old 02-18-2012, 1:10 PM

So whats the word?
Old 02-18-2012, 1:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Did you read my post two posts above this one? (Post #110)

-Brandon

Last edited by HowardW56; 02-18-2012 at 1:28 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 3:40 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Excellent job to whomever got these documents!

The information posted here is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice hire an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.
Old 02-20-2012, 4:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorax3 View Post

Paging Wildhawker....
Old 02-20-2012, 5:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorax3 View Post
Thanks. San Diego was a fairly tough nut; I doubt Sheriff Gore or his legal counsel invite me to the Christmas party this year.

Also, the CGF Initiative team, and especially HowardW56, jb7706, Connor P Price, and DanTodd, deserves all of the credit for taking the raw product and getting the records prepared and published. That step is really where the rubber meets the road.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-20-2012, 5:48 PM
Banned

When I applied, I told the "woman" filling the vast cubicular space behind the application counter that I was applying for a CCW permit because...

I wish to carry a concealed firearm for self-defense and to not be continually harassed by police officers conducting 12031(e) checks whilst carrying my firearm in a lawful manner.

I was then told that carrying a firearm openly essentially warranted abuse by the SDPD and that I could try to go through with the application process but I would just be denied anyways.
Old 02-20-2012, 5:54 PM
Banned

Haha, I think I see MarcusRN's application in the file!
Old 02-20-2012, 6:01 PM
Banned

Reading the entries in the SD CCW file, I basically see that (in general) business owners , rental managers, LEO/legal employees, doctors and jewelers get permits. Basically, the well-funded, the well-connected and the highly educated.

Lame.
Old 02-20-2012, 6:21 PM
Banned

Hilarity at page 694, postal service worker.

Page 272, cosmetologist.

Last edited by diggersdarling; 02-20-2012 at 6:29 PM..
Old 02-21-2012, 8:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggersdarling View Post
Reading the entries in the SD CCW file, I basically see that (in general) business owners , rental managers, LEO/legal employees, doctors and jewelers get permits. Basically, the well-funded, the well-connected and the highly educated.
I kinda got this feeling too.
Old 02-21-2012, 1:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Only about half way thru so far......but WOW.....glad to see so many "gov't agents" being able to protect themselves.

I am also suprised to the see how many body guard/Exec. Protection GC statements have been accepted.

(ETA: The interesting part of that being, these people are being issued permits so that others can hire them for protection without having to show "need/good cause/defined threat" for needing armed protection, yet pvt. citizens are denied the right to defend themselves without showing more than ordinary need. HMMMMM??????)

Other then that.....seems like anyone in SD who owns a business or is a contractor should be applying. What are you folks waiting for?

The other ones I find kind of funny are all the "crime scene techs".....GC is "for personal protection while processing crime scenes for X-PD"? Do they mean those cordined off crimes scenes with all the armed LEOs around standing guard to keep people out? Again.....HMMMM????

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

Last edited by Untamed1972; 02-21-2012 at 2:02 PM..