Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-20-2018, 7:20 PM

Default Letter from CDOJ

Well, I finally got my letter from the CDOJ stating that I had properly applied for and registered my 7 bullet button California assault weapons. I had started the process the last week of November last year, so almost a year for them to process the request. I'll be retiring and moving out of California to the free state of Arizona in July of next year, so I'm not all much concerned about CDOJ knowing about these weapons. I just registered them because I wanted to keep all those "evil" assault weapon features that make the weapons fun to shoot.
Old 11-20-2018, 8:00 PM

Congratulations and enjoy Free Arizona while you can. All these Cal liberals move to these other states and vote the same and turn their new states into California-lites.
Old 11-20-2018, 8:09 PM

Mine took six weeks and I started in May of this year. I had a couple corrections I had to do but I got my letter in the mail 5 weeks after I started it. Did you have some issues? Congratulations on your pending retirement and freedom!
Old 11-21-2018, 12:33 AM

Unfortunately the liberal disease is moving throughout the western United States. As Kalifornia goes, so goes the nation. Liberalism is a sickness and it totally incurable. It feeds on the laziness of individuals that want someone else to pay for their life style. It may seem luring at first but then infects and destroys the morale and work ethic of most of these converts. I would move somewhere else beside AZ. as too many Kalifornians have spread the disease there and it is only a short time before the start disarming the population.
Old 11-21-2018, 6:50 AM

I had a few corrections I had to make to my data, but they were all accepted and listed as in progress as of the end of December. I did just have CDOJ agents come to my house wanting to inspect the bullet button on my Thompson since according to one agent they had never seen one on a Thompson before and wanted to look at it and see how it worked. Moving to Arizona because I have the rest of my family there, otherwise I would have moved to a gun free state that was as far from California as I could get and still have decent weather.
Old 11-22-2018, 5:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Gardner View Post
I had a few corrections I had to make to my data, but they were all accepted and listed as in progress as of the end of December. I did just have CDOJ agents come to my house wanting to inspect the bullet button on my Thompson since according to one agent they had never seen one on a Thompson before and wanted to look at it and see how it worked. Moving to Arizona because I have the rest of my family there, otherwise I would have moved to a gun free state that was as far from California as I could get and still have decent weather.
What were the circumstances when the DOJ visited? How many showed up? Did you let them inside? Did you have to show them everything you own? Did they have a warrant? Did they want to search your whole property?
Old 11-22-2018, 6:50 AM

You will all be reported to the MiniLuv!
“FREEDOM IS SLAVERY” and “IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH”
Big Brother is watching.
Old 11-22-2018, 7:13 AM

The whole reason for owning a Tompson is when the government wants to come to your house.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:28 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Gardner View Post
I did just have CDOJ agents come to my house wanting to inspect the bullet button on my Thompson since according to one agent they had never seen one on a Thompson before and wanted to look at it and see how it worked.
Our tax dollars at work...

Don't panic. As of 11/21/2018, only around 40% of BBRAW applicants have received their letter. DOJ is still actively processing them... slowly. In the meantime:

Old 11-26-2018, 10:29 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbo View Post
The whole reason for owning a Tompson is when the government wants to come to your house.
So, just to be clear, you're suggesting he may have had a better outcome if he pointed the Thompson at the agents?

Don't panic. As of 11/21/2018, only around 40% of BBRAW applicants have received their letter. DOJ is still actively processing them... slowly. In the meantime:

Old 11-26-2018, 11:08 AM
🇺🇸 jack-booted gov thug
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code 798

I remember reading about your visit, OP. Glad it worked out.

Enjoy AZ and help hold the tide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
What were the circumstances when the DOJ visited? How many showed up? Did you let them inside? Did you have to show them everything you own? Did they have a warrant? Did they want to search your whole property?
Part one of OP's ordeal:
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1484968

Part two:
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1485878

-------