Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Buy anything except CHINESE goods whenever possible.
Stop supporting our enemy.
Old 06-12-2020, 3:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Prestige View Post
LOL !!! Itís Made in China you can decide for yourself Iíd rather
buy one aimpoint or trijicon than 2-3 cheap China optics. You wonít find a Made in China part on any of my rifles. Iím sure spent brass does cause horrible wear and tear
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
Buy anything except CHINESE goods whenever possible.
Stop supporting our enemy.
Straw man arguments. What type of cell phone and computers/monitors are you using to type your replies? Want to guess if they contain Chinese circuits and glass?

I'm all for buying American if they have comparable features and am willing to pay a bit more if so. But that really is not the case with the recent Holosun/Sig red dot optics. Not every rifle I have needs an Aimpoint, Eotech or higher priced scope when the Sig Romeo5 XDR's gets the job done for me reliably and accurately for far less than half the price. I like the Romeo5 XDR better than my Eotech and it can do things my Aimpoint's can not. They are not junk. If I should ever get a bad one I have Sig Sauer's warranty to rely upon.

"While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"
Old 06-15-2020, 5:30 PM

As much as wish they weren't made in BatFluLandia .. And would pay extra for them being made in the good ole U.S of A.... I got 2 of the Holosun 503G ACSS, and I love them. Seems to have done very well on all the YouTube torture tests!....?
Old 06-16-2020, 12:25 AM
Calguns Addict

I had a early batch 507c that was on a range toy... died fast and I sent it back. Put the 2nd one on a G19 and we will see how it does. Slide mounted RDS get beat up pretty good during normal use. I have had RMR's that can't handle it either. Never had issues with Aimpoint Pro or MRO... but those are not mounted on slides. I also have a 503GU that has survived so far, but I haven't dropped it on carpet or anything.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
Straw man arguments. What type of cell phone and computers/monitors are you using to type your replies? Want to guess if they contain Chinese circuits and glass?

I'm all for buying American if they have comparable features and am willing to pay a bit more if so. But that really is not the case with the recent Holosun/Sig red dot optics. Not every rifle I have needs an Aimpoint, Eotech or higher priced scope when the Sig Romeo5 XDR's gets the job done for me reliably and accurately for far less than half the price. I like the Romeo5 XDR better than my Eotech and it can do things my Aimpoint's can not. They are not junk. If I should ever get a bad one I have Sig Sauer's warranty to rely upon.

Seems you are missing the whole point here.
Thereís a thing about Chinese manufacturing. They only make it to the spec that they are told and paid for. Lots of good Chinese stuff it itís manufactured properly ďcell phones , TVs ,computers , gaming devices.

So yeah not all stuff coming out of China is garbage but if there is an American alternative, Iím buying the American product before the Chinese product. Canít really do that with phones, TVs , and other electronics as the market is cornered there. But optics and other gun accessories thankfully have strong American roots and I can buy almost any American made gun part that a Chinese manufacturer has replicated to some extent.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:59 AM

I picked up myself a Holosun HS510C w/ their 3x magnifier. They are a solid company with solid products. You can actually see other vendors at Shot Show mounting Holosun products on their firearms when it was previously primarily Trijicon, Aimpoint, and EOTech.
Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded Target
Thompson Center T/CR22
Colt LE6920CMPS-B
Arsenal SAM7R-61
Masterpiece Arms 308BA
Mossberg 500 Tactical
WTB: CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 Carbine