Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 05-16-2019, 6:18 PM

Default Anybody running juggernaut hellfighter?

How you like it? Is it as easy as the video??
Old 05-16-2019, 6:29 PM

Yes. I like it. Kind of a PITA to clear if your bolt does not close all the way, but that’s usually my fault for running my particular AR too dry.

Conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas. Liberals think conservatives are bad people.
--- Dan Bongino
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2 View Post
Some liberals are evil people out to control others. (Hillary, Pelosi, et.al.)
Many liberals are lemmings and will follow whomever espouses what they 'feel'.
Old 05-16-2019, 6:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have 2 and they run great. Going to take them out tho as I am converting to featureless to enjoy some other parts purchased the first of the month
Old 05-16-2019, 6:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

.....first of April actually. Time is flying with so much fun now!!!
Old 05-16-2019, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopro74 View Post
How you like it? Is it as easy as the video??
I have it, didn't install it myself. The bolt gets stuck on the mag if you shoot the last round. Gotta modify the magazines or leave one round in the mag before re loading. Yes it is as easy ro reload as the videos show. I don't know about installing it yourself.
Old 05-16-2019, 8:31 PM

Easy to install - yes
Easy to operate - yes
The complete kit has two components - the magazine release blocking device that replaces the bolt hold open, and the push button rear take-down pin. Each is an innovation in its own way.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
I have it, didn't install it myself. The bolt gets stuck on the mag if you shoot the last round. Gotta modify the magazines or leave one round in the mag before re loading. Yes it is as easy ro reload as the videos show. I don't know about installing it yourself.
I filed off a 'wedge' on some dedicated 10s. Now the bolt closes after the last shot.

I like it. Not as awkward as the first gen with my lower flapping around.

Yes easy to install if you ever built a lower.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2019, 6:29 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD1061 View Post
.....first of April actually. Time is flying with so much fun now!!!
Nice!
Yes, time definitely flies when youíre having fun!
Old 05-21-2019, 1:04 PM

I have it on two rifles and they work great. My only question is about absolute CA compliance. If you can still pull the trigger and drop the hammer, while the rear is popped open, have you actually disassembled/disabled the action? I know you can't cycle the bolt with the rear popped open but the trigger pull and hammer drop concerns me a little.
Old 05-21-2019, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgarbarino View Post
I have it on two rifles and they work great. My only question is about absolute CA compliance. If you can still pull the trigger and drop the hammer, while the rear is popped open, have you actually disassembled/disabled the action? I know you can't cycle the bolt with the rear popped open but the trigger pull and hammer drop concerns me a little.
Been debated here over & over. Group A essentially feels that no matter what itís a no go, fine use something else....Group B essentially feels even if what you say is true you now basically have at most a single shot and would be ok. Fyi, I know a many LEOís that have it on their personal rifles, and feel they and everyone else are in 100% compliance. I agree.
Old 05-21-2019, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingShooter View Post
Been debated here over & over. Group A essentially feels that no matter what itís a no go, fine use something else....Group B essentially feels even if what you say is true you now basically have at most a single shot and would be ok. Fyi, I know a many LEOís that have it on their personal rifles, and feel they and everyone else are in 100% compliance. I agree.
And if shops like Turners are selling rifles with them installed I doubt they would take the risk of it being non compliant. Yet another gray area.

All I have to do on both my rifles is change the grips, which I have for both already and go featureless. I just really like the pistol grip!
Old 05-21-2019, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgarbarino View Post
And if shops like Turners are selling rifles with them installed I doubt they would take the risk of it being non compliant. Yet another gray area.

All I have to do on both my rifles is change the grips, which I have for both already and go featureless. I just really like the pistol grip!
True on Turners, recently got a DTI with the kit installed from them. Also, X10000 on the pistol grip.
Old 05-21-2019, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkonrai View Post
I filed off a 'wedge' on some dedicated 10s. Now the bolt closes after the last shot.

I like it. Not as awkward as the first gen with my lower flapping around.

Yes easy to install if you ever built a lower.

Haven't filed mine, yet. Seems like an easy quick fix.
Old 05-21-2019, 3:34 PM

It's nice, Just be careful with that set screw lol, learned that the hard way.
Old 05-21-2019, 5:00 PM
Calguns Addict

I bought a couple last year or so. They are kind of hokey. I think I'd rather go featureless after messing around with them.

I'll stick to pre-2000 RAWs for now.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 05-22-2019, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj View Post
I bought a couple last year or so. They are kind of hokey. I think I'd rather go featureless after messing around with them.

I'll stick to pre-2000 RAWs for now.
Only option for some of is

Old 05-22-2019, 2:23 PM

I hate mine.
I can't get my bolt to close with any of my magazines from 3 different brands. JT wanted me to file/sand etc until they worked.

Rifle is a DD v11pro and functioned perfectly as a bullet button gun. I've re-installed it twice and it just won't work right. Before i did anything I fully cleaned and lubed everything well to make sure the install went right.

Converting to featureless to use my standard cap mags and d60
Old 05-22-2019, 6:35 PM
Cry Havok!
CGN Contributor

Once i got mine installed properly and figured out how the pins work ( instructions suck on the website) it works well on my ar pistol. I wouldnt mess with it on a regular AR. Featureless with the thordsen is far superior and you get 30+ rounds. But its great for a pistol ar.
"Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.
Old 05-22-2019, 6:44 PM
Banned

Love hate thing. Done featureless. Done mag locks. I think the hellfighter is by far the quickest option. My two complaints are its a great idea but it’s made too cheaply, and more importantly although not their fault you build muscle memory. I wasn’t happy going to a free state and trying to push the takedown pin instinctually before every mag change.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:01 PM

A few of my buddies went this route. I shot the guns, the manipulation seemed awkward to me. They both ended up switching to featureless more user friendly and running standard capacity magazines.
Old 05-23-2019, 9:24 AM

I use it in combination with a 333 tactical mag lock. Its very fast. I have seen it used with Hogue(need to drill lower) and AR mag lock and those are even a bit faster. Sure featureless is probably quicker for mag changes in general but if you train with hellfighter you can be very fast. I like to train with what I would use to defend myself. If you had your fin off your featureless and had an incident it could be an issue. Mine with the 333 tactical has last round bolt hold open still intact. FYI I was planning on going featurless but once I tried hellfighter I was sold.
Old 05-23-2019, 9:26 AM

and chris at dual hammer (LAX range) tuned my kit. Its flawless with Pmags (2nd and 3rd gen)
Old 05-23-2019, 9:41 AM

For those getting your bolt hung up, all you have to do is file a little bit(it doesn’t take much) off the back of the follower on your mags. I did like 10 mags in literally a couple minutes. It doesn’t affect function of the mags with a little of the back of the follower shaved down.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:11 PM

EDIT... OOPS double post..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
Discoverd this too... file the trailing edge of the mag follower.... solves the problem