Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2019, 2:23 PM

Were private party sales/purchases of magazines addressed in any way?
Old 04-07-2019, 2:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpocalypse Now View Post
I have not seen this posted yet, so excuse me if it has already been discussed.

Does anyone else get a vague sense of unease when Benitez made reference to veterans and CCW holders being especially capable of bearing the responsibility of ‘stendo ownership?

On the other hand, if stendos are restricted to CCW holders only, and over half the state lives in ‘no CCW for commoners’ counties, perhaps that works in our favor. CCW for all!
I agree: I get uncomfortable with such exceptions...it's like when Congress exempted themselves from Obamacare...laws are for thee and not for me.
But it's minor to me, in the scheme of things.
Old 04-07-2019, 2:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900ss View Post
Not specifically as far as I could tell. But it seems to me if you wanted to buy your neighbors 20+ year old mags, then you were legally within your right up until 5PM last Friday.
Or if you made the "purchase" before that time but they need to pick them up from their brother's house in Reno next weekend, it should still be okay.
That's my understanding, IANAL, etc.
Old 04-07-2019, 3:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900ss View Post
The permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of Penal Code Section 32310 (a) has been stayed pending final resolution of the appeal from the Judgment.

Penal Code Section 32310 (a) states:

Quote:
(a) Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, any person in this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, buys, or receives any large-capacity magazine is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170.
Therefore, private party sales/purchases of "large-capacity magazines" are currently prohibited.

Last edited by Mayor McRifle; 04-07-2019 at 3:33 PM..
Old 04-07-2019, 3:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
The permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of Penal Code Section 32310 (a) has been stayed pending final resolution of the appeal from the Judgment.

Penal Code Section 32310 (a) states:

Therefore, private party sales/purchases of "large-capacity magazines" are currently prohibited.
He was talking about last week, between March 29th ruling and 5PM PDT Friday April 5th. But yeah, obviously, no transactions since then are lawful.
Old 04-07-2019, 3:39 PM

Finally did the due diligence and read Benitez's excoriating rebuke of Becerra and the State's tyrannical laws. It was epic, it was beautiful, it was succinct, had me cheering, and was easy enough to read by the layman to destroy any claims against standard capacity mags and ANY infringements on the 2nd Amendment.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Old 04-07-2019, 3:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2gunstuff View Post
He was talking about last week, between March 29th ruling and 5PM PDT Friday April 5th. But yeah, obviously, no transactions since then are lawful.
The permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of Penal Code Section 32310 (a) was in effect from the entry of the Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019, and 5:00 p.m. on April 5, 2019, for anyone who sold or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds.

The judge's order staying the judgment in part stated:

Quote:
IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED that the permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) shall remain in effect for those persons and business entities who have manufactured, imported, sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds between the entry of this Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019.
Therefore, private party sales/purchases of "large-capacity magazines" that occurred between the entry of the Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m. on April 5, 2019, were, and remain, legal.

Old 04-07-2019, 4:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
The permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of Penal Code Section 32310 (a) was in effect from the entry of the Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019, and 5:00 p.m. on April 5, 2019, for anyone who sold or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds.

Therefore, private party sales/purchases of "large-capacity magazines" that occurred between the entry of the Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m. on April 5, 2019, were, and remain, legal.
Okay, I kind of said the same thing but maybe I wasn't clear. Furthermore if the purchase was agreed to before the deadline, it should still be okay for the neighbor to deliver the goods next week after picking them up from his friend's house in Reno.
This is kind of like what Brownells is doing...committing to ship anything that was ordered before the deadline.
Old 04-07-2019, 6:36 PM
WingDings HQ Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCmatt View Post
Finally did the due diligence and read Benitez's excoriating rebuke of Becerra and the State's tyrannical laws. It was epic, it was beautiful, it was succinct, had me cheering, and was easy enough to read by the layman to destroy any claims against standard capacity mags and ANY infringements on the 2nd Amendment.
It is a masterpiece!
I try to frame my response to be useful to those observing, with little regard to convince the opponent of my awesomeness - EM2
Quote:
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Whitefang
TRUMP/NUNES
Old 04-08-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:

Thank you all for the clarification. It seems it would be impossible for the state to prove when any magazines were purchased. If some have manufacturing dates during the period of the ban that were bought during the week-long window, are in effect untraceable.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:31 PM

The only magazines that can be proven to have been acquired illegally are ones marked after the window closed. Used/old mags with really old stamps were all possible to be sold during the window.

Does anyone know how much brick and mortar gun stores were charging for LCMs during the window? Was it fair market price or marked up? I know my local stores had huge demand and with demand comes the potential for mark ups.
Old 04-08-2019, 6:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaocaholica View Post
The only magazines that can be proven to have been acquired illegally are ones marked after the window closed. Used/old mags with really old stamps were all possible to be sold during the window.

Does anyone know how much brick and mortar gun stores were charging for LCMs during the window? Was it fair market price or marked up? I know my local stores had huge demand and with demand comes the potential for mark ups.
Even then it can't be proven. Maybe my marked mag body cracked or something and I replaced it with a newer one.

The only way it can be proven, really, is if the magazine type did not exist on the market by April 5, 2019.
Old 04-08-2019, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick61 View Post
Even then it can't be proven. Maybe my marked mag body cracked or something and I replaced it with a newer one.

The only way it can be proven, really, is if the magazine type did not exist on the market by April 5, 2019.
Well in that case you could say you rebuilt the entire mag with new 'type' parts.
Old 04-08-2019, 7:56 PM

Posted an updated from CRPA. Check it out.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...6#post22876886
Old 04-08-2019, 8:34 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Well in that case you could say you rebuilt the entire mag with new 'type' parts.
Yes that could have happened over time....
phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)

Crowdsourced 2A Calendar

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links
Old 04-09-2019, 8:49 AM

Brian Suits did another 20 minutes again on the Dark Secret Place on KFI. He have the best update I have heard from the media and even got in on the buying action himself. He must be a Calgunner, I am not sure where else he would have got his info from other than here.
Old 04-09-2019, 9:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Just like how people were saying their "pre-ban" PMAGs were rebuilds of old pre-2000 mags.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick61 View Post

Can you buy just the body? No guts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!
Old 04-09-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistice View Post
Can you buy just the body? No guts
Sure, people part out mags all the time in free states. Break a floorplate, snap a spring, wear out a follower and you've got a pile of parts to sell or trade.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:24 AM

Ok so you can't take LCMs out of the state and back in but just as a mental experiment what if you disassembled your LCM and left say the floor plate in CA while sourcing new floor plates out of state. Then bring back your disassembled your LCM while leaving the new floor plates out of state? Now obviously this is a dumb idea practically.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Ok so you can't take LCMs out of the state and back in but just as a mental experiment what if you disassembled your LCM and left say the floor plate in CA while sourcing new floor plates out of state. Then bring back your disassembled your LCM while leaving the new floor plates out of state? Now obviously this is a dumb idea practically.
Then you're technically assembling a "large" capacity magazine while the stay is in effect, and in doing so breaking the law.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermick View Post
Then you're technically assembling a "large" capacity magazine while the stay is in effect, and in doing so breaking the law.
But you already legally own all the parts. Otherwise by that logic it would also be illegal for LCM owners to re-assemble their LCMs without even leaving the state.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
No you're not. Enough FUD from you.
Old 04-11-2019, 4:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
But you already legally own all the parts. Otherwise by that logic it would also be illegal for LCM owners to re-assemble their LCMs without even leaving the state.
I owned all the parts for magazines (parts kits) but I couldn't assemble them legally. If you legally possessed an assembled mag and you took it apart, would it be legal to assemble (manufacture) it?

I bet a libtard would try to give you a felony for doing that because libtards are garbage.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:17 AM

Mags have to be disassembled for cleaning. I don't know how anyone could claim that reassembly is the same thing as assembling a new mag from a parts that had never been put together before.

We can't be responsible gun owners without taking care of our property in a safe and legal manner. If cleaning legally owned mags make me a felon, so be it.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post
I bet a libtard would try to give you a felony for doing that because libtards are garbage.
It’s not liberals. It’s FUDs.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo View Post
If cleaning legally owned mags make me a felon, so be it.
It doesn't. Don't listen to the FUD Merchants.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
It’s not liberals. It’s FUDs.
I think you mean Fudds. You're spreading FUD about Fudds.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo View Post
Mags have to be disassembled for cleaning. I don't know how anyone could claim that reassembly is the same thing as assembling a new mag from a parts that had never been put together before.

We can't be responsible gun owners without taking care of our property in a safe and legal manner. If cleaning legally owned mags make me a felon, so be it.
You can clean it, you just can't put it together again...

Just kidding. I said I bet libtards would try to prosecute someone for reassembling their mag.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I think you mean Fudds. You're spreading FUD about Fudds.
Elmer Fuddruckers
Old 04-11-2019, 11:42 AM
-DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

FUD Merchants! Hahaha... Mayor, you. are. a delight.

A few Fudds are Purveyors of FUD, yes, but generally, FUD can come from anywhere and everywhere in the shooting community.

I must admit to being fully semifudd myself.

NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked
Old 04-11-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post

The top attorney in this state is even named as such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Gavin Newsom is a lying, cheating slickster and will be is the worst mistake California has ever made if he gets now that he has been elected Governor. Hollywood movie producers look to him and his oleaginous persona as a model for the corrupt "bad guy" politician character. This guy is so greasy, he could lubricate an entire arsenal of AR-15s just by breathing on them.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200Apples View Post
I must admit to being fully semifudd myself.
I'll take a Semi-Fudd over a Mall Ninja or Gray Man Operator any day of the week.

Old 04-11-2019, 6:55 PM

Quote:

I only went to one shop (Ammo bros Riverside), and while they didn't have a great collection (just 3 or 4 cardboard boxes), the prices were about what I was seeing online.

They only had 10/22 magazines and glock mags.
Old 04-11-2019, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGuy View Post
Brian Suits did another 20 minutes again on the Dark Secret Place on KFI. He have the best update I have heard from the media and even got in on the buying action himself. He must be a Calgunner, I am not sure where else he would have got his info from other than here.
He's talked about shooting and California gun laws before.

I like the show.
Old 04-11-2019, 6:59 PM

I wonder if local stores sold their 'withheld' LCMs from previous out of state transfers. Would that have been legal? I'm not sure if there's any protocol CA FFLs have to follow when an out of state transfer comes with an LCM. I know they can't give it to the customer but are they free to keep it indefinitely?
Old 04-12-2019, 4:16 AM

Quote:
If you participated in one way or another you are exempt from the stay including further sales read the stay again notice the language used exempts anyone who participated by manufacturing making buying selling all of those people are now exempt from the stay. Anyone participated by purchasing magazines manufacturing magazines selling magazines making magazines finding magazines is now Exempted from the stay going forward until there is a new order. Just because most out-of-state and in-state Ffls are no longer selling you magazines does not necessarily mean that that waspart of the order. That is just someones interpretation of what was meant by the order the language of the order does not continue to Bar sales manufacturer ownership importation or any other caveat of the law. The stay continues to be in effect for anyone who participated during Freedom week until otherwise ordered to do so!

Last edited by Mr.patriot1776; 04-12-2019 at 4:21 AM..
Old 04-12-2019, 4:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.patriot1776 View Post
If you participated in one way or another you are exempt from the stay including further sales read the stay again notice the language used exempts anyone who participated by manufacturing making buying selling all of those people are now exempt from the stay. Anyone participated by purchasing magazines manufacturing magazines selling magazines making magazines finding magazines is now Exempted from the stay going forward until there is a new order. Just because most out-of-state and in-state Ffls are no longer selling you magazines does not necessarily mean that that waspart of the order. That is just someones interpretation of what was meant by the order the language of the order does not continue to Bar sales manufacturer ownership importation or any other caveat of the law. The stay continues to be in effect for anyone who participated during Freedom week until otherwise ordered to do so!
While I would love for your reading to be the case, every lawyer that I am aware of thus far does not interpret the way you do.

Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!

"If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie Edwards
Old 04-12-2019, 4:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.patriot1776 View Post
Wrong.

Old 04-12-2019, 9:20 AM

Are people keeping documentation on their purchases? From my interpretation of everything, private sales of magazines were legal during this period so you could of acquired magazines from Craigslist?