Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions > Shotgun Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun Gallery Post pictures of your scattergun here.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Default New Mossberg 500 field/security combo

Just picked this baby up the other day after waiting nearly 8 MONTHS for it to stop being on backorder. And I thought 10 days was bad!!

pic 41 shows the gun in its "security" style. 18.5" barrel, pistol grip. sits like this (plus flashlight in pic 50) next to our bed with "00" buck and slugs alternating. (holds 6 shells)

Pic 42 is like 41, but with the wood stock instead of the pistol grip

Pic 45 is the "field" version: wood stock, 28" vented rib, ported, threaded barrel

Pic 46 shows all the parts of the kit except the choke tubes. It came with 3 chokes and a wrench: improved cylinder, modified, and full. (All flush mounts)

Pic 50 shows my improvised flashlight system. The clamp came with the gun, it was holding the two barrels together for shipping.

Gun came as seen in pic 45 with the clamp holding the 18.5" barrel below the 28". Figured this would work for now until I can get the tactical package I want and the 24" rifled, ported barrel/scope combo ($250 total for both). Then I'll never need to buy anything for this gun again!!

Price for this package was just under $375 out the door with tax and DROS included. The manufacturer number is 54169 in case anyone else wants one. I recommend it seeing as you can't get all this stuff seperate for nearly that good of price. Closest I've found is the synthetic stock version minus the pistol grip and gold trigger at Big 5 for $279 (on sale) but with the added upgrades you looking at more than $375.

Taking it out to the range soon, I'll let you know how it works!! (flawless I'm sure...IT'S A MOSSBERG 500!!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 041.jpg (103.6 KB, 494 views)
File Type: jpg 042.jpg (101.0 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg 045.jpg (88.9 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg 046.jpg (89.8 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 050.jpg (99.9 KB, 306 views)

Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame.
People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 10-29-2009, 6:53 PM

Damn you waited 8 months for a plain vanilla mossberg?
Time to go enjoy it.
Old 10-29-2009, 9:48 PM

Damn I just tried to buy one of those at Big 5 today.
Messed something up on my paperwork and got my *** kicked out. Don't even know what I marked wrong.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_S View Post
Damn I just tried to buy one of those at Big 5 today.
Messed something up on my paperwork and got my *** kicked out. Don't even know what I marked wrong.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:17 PM

Yeah it was embarrassing as heck.
Didn't look it over well enough before handing it off.
Old 10-30-2009, 8:06 AM

I really like the wood on there... Looks nice
I've been thinking of doing the same, but buying an 8 shot and add wood furniture to it

Yours looks really nice

Old 10-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killawhale415 View Post
Damn you waited 8 months for a plain vanilla mossberg?
Time to go enjoy it.
tell me about it! the deal was, i was going to buy it online and pay the transfer fees to my FFL. I told him about it and he said he'd take care of it for me no problem, but it might take a month seeing as things were getting crazy with the new administration taking office. a month, no big deal. came back 3 weeks later and found out the guy didn't order it from my site (which was now out of stock) he ordered it from his distributor who was backordered. he got an ear-full for the next few weeks, then his boss (the real FFL of the business) fired his ***. turns out i wasn't the only one he screwed. Looked around for a similar mossberg but couldn't jump on one fast enough seeing as I had to try to get all my money back from the FFL that i paid in full. 8 months later on the day that i found one in stock at big 5 and went to get my money back, the distributor called and said they were sending one. would i ever wait that long again?...hell no. will i buy more guns from this FFL...maybe, but not unless they're in stock!

Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame.
People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 11-01-2009, 11:49 AM

Good idea with the improvised flashlight mount! Was going to buy a clamp this week, but Ill save the $ and just use the barrel clamp that came with it all, thanks for the idea!
Old 11-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoffroader View Post
Good idea with the improvised flashlight mount! Was going to buy a clamp this week, but Ill save the $ and just use the barrel clamp that came with it all, thanks for the idea!
Pirates are crafty people it works for now...didn't see any other use for it anyways!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 12-26-2009, 2:07 PM

Default Rifled

Can you please tell me if either of the barrels are rifled?

BTW - Great idea with that clamp!
Old 12-26-2009, 3:42 PM
Veteran Member

that flashlight is WAY to far forward to be of any use. check these http://www.candewman.com/clamps.html

USPSA CRO
MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun

Old 12-26-2009, 7:33 PM
Calguns Addict

neither are rifled but you can get rifled barrel/scope combos for $150. the 28" is threaded for chokes and it came with improved cylinder, modified, and full chokes (flush mounts)

too far forward? you mean for me to be able to turn it on/off quickly? i can see that, but did you have any other meaning?

UPDATE: i've shot this baby a few times since the original post and it's amazing! the ported 28" is really easy to aim and keep on target for follow ups. Happy with what i had to wait for!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by IrishPirate; 12-26-2009 at 7:36 PM..