Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

View Poll Results: Will you write the Legislture about current and future firearm legislation
Definately 21 84.00%
Probably 2 8.00%
Possibly 0 0%
Not likely 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2013, 8:51 PM

Exclamation Writing letters to our Legislature

Hey guys,
I have been bombarding our legislatures with letters, e-mails, faxes, and calls for several months now. I just wanted to share what I wrote to the entire body of elected and appointed officials throughout Ca.

I strongly urge you to faithfully perform your duties and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. We already have some of the strongest gun laws in the country. The fact of the matter is that criminals do not follow gun laws, they do not obtain the firearms legally. All more laws will do is infringe on the 2nd amendment rights of law abiding Californians.
The real issues that need to be addressed are mental health, and gang crime. Guns do not commit the crimes, and an Armalite Rifle (AR) 15 is not what inspires them to commit these crimes. The rifle is not the reason for gang violence. It is not the reason for the occurrence of psychopathy either. It is a horrible thing that mentally ill people sometimes commit horrific atrocities. However infringing upon our unalienable rights as Americans and moreover human beings is not the answer to the problem. We need to make real strives to combat mental health and gang violence. Limiting firearms to law abiding citizens will do absolutely nothing to solve the problem. Its is little more that political posturing and bragging rights. We all know that the Clinton assault weapons ban had no impact on crime. In fact gun violence has gone down since its expiration. Why would this time be any different?
The proposed laws add up to de facto gun bans and will never be upheld in federal court. That being said I once again strongly urge you to not waste the time and resources of this state by passing such unconstitutional legislation. It is a complete waste of time, money, and valuable judicial time. Please understand that the people of California are not all blinded by the media driven illusion of increased gun violence as of late. There will be a political price to pay for such a charade. Some of you may be in safe districts. However you are not all safe from the reprimands of your constituents.
I would not oppose sensible legislation that will actually help to curb the problems of mental health and gang violence. If there were laws that would actually do that I would proudly be writing this letter. However I am not. This legislation is not common sense fixes. That is merely the political catch phrase that has been attached to it. You are all well aware of this. You are not stupid people. You could not have risen to your current positions without being intelligent people. If you do not see through the fallacy that these proposed laws represent that you have no place in a legislative body. I say this with the intention of the utmost respect. Please do not pretend we are fools, or that we are not intelligent enough to understand. We all understand perfectly!
In conclusion, please introduce some laws that can actually make a difference. Please introduce some laws that do not make us out to be fools. We are California after all. We should not be sheep when it comes to trend setting. We should be leading the way to show actual common sense legislation. We should be the flagship of the nation on this subject, not just another state trying to compete for who can be the most draconian. Thank you for your time in reading this letter. I hope you will all do the right thing. Something that will make a real difference, something that we as Californians can all be proud to stand behind.

Let me know what you guys think. And feel free to share yours as well. I hope this way we can all provide a good starting template for those that have yet to write the legislature.

~Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last though be if only I had my gun. And Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Last edited by Pmoore87; 06-07-2013 at 8:56 PM..
Old 06-07-2013, 9:50 PM

You forgot 'already have written and continue to write'

Used Ruger site and others ie FPC.

Had a record set yesterday - got two emails the same from Senator Boxer, same day. The usual condescending thank you for your thoughts I'll try to keep them in mind.

Can you write a Senator and say FU## Off? They are going to be hear a lot more now with O's scandals...

Wish the Dems had just stayed with getting blow jobs in the WH in leu of Insane Obamie Sh#t.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:17 PM

nope, they already know i want and i already know what they want...
Old 06-08-2013, 7:09 PM

I write them and continue to write them, despite my continuing expectation that they'll just ignore them entirely (or read them together in a smoke-filled room and laugh).

Statements I make on this forum should not be construed as giving legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.
Old 06-08-2013, 7:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Writing letters/emails to our legislators is an exercise akin to target shooting with blanks. If it makes u feel better then please carry on.
Our fight is in the courts and if that is lost then.... ???

Sent with 2 cans & a long string.
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 06-08-2013, 10:02 PM

Yes. The pro 2a reps need to be reminded to stay that way. The moderate 2a reps need to be encouraged to support it more, and the anti 2a reps need to be reminded that they are opposed. If every gun owner wrote their legislators and voted pro2A, things would look very different.
Old 06-09-2013, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand1945 View Post
Yes. The pro 2a reps need to be reminded to stay that way. The moderate 2a reps need to be encouraged to support it more, and the anti 2a reps need to be reminded that they are opposed. If every gun owner wrote their legislators and voted pro2A, things would look very different.
Ok I just had a great lengthy reply. However it was lost
Anyways Garand is very very right. We all need to be in this fight. Its not lost if we are all in it. However the attitude of its a lost cause why bother can and will be a self fulfilling prophecy. If that is really how you feel about than please, just hand in your guns now. I am sorry but I just do not understand this attitude. I became handicapped 2 years ago, and I should not even be able to walk now, let along shoot a gun however I did not give up. A positive mindset and a never say die attitude in the reason I have defied the odds. We have to stand up together to get this done.
If you are just gonna rely on years down the road court rulings than what are all of us doing? That behavior is not in any way helping the firearms community. Its just helping the gun grabbers. By not speaking up we are letting them believe that they really are acting for the majority of Californians.
If we keep speaking up than they will have no choice but to listen to us. I know you all think they will just ignore us, but its simply not true. They will ignore us if there is only a small percentage of us writing and calling. They all want to stay in office, so they will not ignore us like you all think. So please everyone get out there and demand that our voices be heard. Hell we could even launch a citizen created referendum and put a law on the ballot for a popular vote to overturn our BS gun laws. Can you imagine that, even if we lost out numbers would show and it would take the wind out of their sails for 30 years. I truly believe that we could prevail on the ballot. This state is more conservative than you might think. Win or lose we cannot go down without a fight, get rid of the defeatist attitude and we can do anything. I refuse to believe that we are just gonna die out quietly. Lets do this guys! Don't give up
Old 06-09-2013, 8:27 PM

P.S. how do you make the personalized tag/quotes at the bottom? I would like to add my snipers prayer?