Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Riverside Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 5:42 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoint View Post
Perris, and it took almost 45 minutes to get there. We got there around 10:15 so I guess I was just hitting the end of rush hour but I don't think so, we were moving pretty fast most of the trip (I thought anyway, maybe I was distracted).

I was expecting Perris to Riverside to be 20 minutes tops. But Im new to the area and I guess I have more to learn than I thought lol
And that's why, coming from the Murrieta area, I have to leave at 7 to get there at 8. My son lives nearby, so I know, even without traffic, it takes some time to get there.
Old 08-21-2014, 8:11 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
And that's why, coming from the Murrieta area, I have to leave at 7 to get there at 8. My son lives nearby, so I know, even without traffic, it takes some time to get there.
I believe it now. 45 minutes is just too far for a shooting range IMO. Id gladly drive farther than that for BLM land/freedom but not to pay at a range that has the same rules as everybody else.

Plus Ive never liked indoor shooting ranges. Was a fun novelty the first 2 times I went, then I got tired of it quick. Theres something about the smell and lighting that just makes it hard to relax and enjoy the shooting.

I might make the drive to RISR for calguns specific trips, but I wont make that drive just to plink or train.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:28 AM

geoint, sounds like you might have taken the 215 to the 91, that seems like the only way it would take 45 min. on a Sat. morning.

If you're coming from Perris area, you might try Ramona Expressway to Cajalco and then go up by Lake Matthews to the 91.

I'm guessing that would knock some time off, as long as there isn't any construction going on. I like driving that back way, personally.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoint View Post
Perris, and it took almost 45 minutes to get there. We got there around 10:15 so I guess I was just hitting the end of rush hour but I don't think so, we were moving pretty fast most of the trip (I thought anyway, maybe I was distracted).

I was expecting Perris to Riverside to be 20 minutes tops. But Im new to the area and I guess I have more to learn than I thought lol
Expect a 26 minute drive from 4th st in Perris to Adams/Madison in Riverside VIA 215N to 60W to 91W. Most time of the day, weekdays around 3:30-5:30 tack on another 7 minutes.

Adams on 91 to 60E to 215S to 4th street in the morning expect about 19-22 minutes.

Tack on about another 6 minutes from Adams to La Sierra/Magnolia Exit off the 91W fwy.

Saturday morning from Perris to Magnolia should be close to 26 minute mark.

I know Perris like the back of mah hand (almost). And I had to since I was in charge of Street Sweeping enforcement.

Maybe next time I might make it, but I dunno, if there is another Deagle on site I dun wanna get into any scrap cause the rules state that there may ONLY be ONE Deagle within any three mile circle ANYWHERE in the world... If you put two within 3 miles then they will have an effect like crossing the streams.

Of course if there ARE two birds and only one is shooting factory ammo, then that is okay and it is like having only one around.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire

Last edited by stilly; 08-21-2014 at 11:54 PM..
Old 08-29-2014, 10:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Is there a tentative date for the September RISR shoot?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 09-04-2014, 6:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
Is there a tentative date for the September RISR shoot?
?????
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 09-05-2014, 2:06 AM

Great question...anybody?

Sent from my iPhone.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...postcount=1224

"The sole basis of education is to turn mirrors into windows" - Sydney J. Harris

"Life is a disease: s€xually transmitted, and invariably fatal." -Neil Gaiman

SWAG - "Scientific Wild *** Guess"
Old 09-05-2014, 6:43 PM
CGSSA Leader

No tentative date yet