Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 07-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Default Ventura County Renewal Process- PSA

TL;DR- Turn in your renewal 6 months before your permit expires.

Just turned in my renewal at the VCSO. On the application it says "no longer than 120 days and no less than 90 days from your expiration date. I'm at 99 days from expiration.

When I asked the clerk how long it would take,

she said "Renewals are taking about 4 months right now"

*blank stare from me*

Her- "Yeah you're probably not going to make it."

Me- "What am I supposed to do?"

Her- "You can't carry."

Me- "I don't mean to be rude, but it says right on the application 90-120 days. You guys might want to change that."

Her- "Yeah we got an influx of renewals so it's taking more like 4 months to get your phone interview, then you have to do training and wait for your appointment to come in and get your card. You're probably not going to make it."

I can't say I'm surprised, just once again disappointed by the absolute lack of organization when it comes to CCW here.

Yeah yeah I know I should be thankful I can get it at all given the state I'm in, but still.
Old 07-08-2018, 7:04 PM
Some Yahoo on the Web
CGN Contributor

Good info. I'll call in Oct and see what they say...
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love. -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015