Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2016, 8:24 PM
CGSSA Leader

Default CGSSA Event - Burro Canyon Monthly Shoot "Shoot'n'Que" Saturday, Nov. 26th STICKYPLS

Azusa - CGSSA/Calguns Monthly Shoot'n'Que at Burro Canyon

Date: Saturday, November 26th, 2016
Start Time: 9:00 AM; End Time: 4:00 PM
Range Fee: $25.00. Pay and sign-in at the Burro Canyon Office. Burro Canyon members are free. Tell the office that you are with the Calguns group on range East 1B. Range East 1B is approximately 140 yards in length. Please respond to this thread (post) if you will be coming to this monthly shoot.

We are hosting a general shooting line with a potluck barbecue for lunch. Bring food and drinks to share for the potluck. Participation in the potluck is not mandatory but is encouraged. If you wish to partake of the potluck but do not bring any food or drink then please donate some funds to the "donation jar".

Between 9:00 and 10:00 AM you should sign-in and pay at the Burro office, drive to East 1B, pick your spot on the firing line, unpack, and set up any canopy, table, chairs, and targets. Once you have done that you may wish to socialize with your fellow shooters. We are a friendly group!

Eye protection, hearing protection, and water are essential for each attendee. Sun block and a hat are recommended.

Safety Briefing is scheduled nominally for 10:00 AM. Firearms should be kept in your vehicle, or in their carrying case on your line shooting position, or you can unpack them provided you have a cognizant RSO verify that they are unloaded. The range is "COLD" until it is called "HOT" after the Safety Briefing. All firearms should be unloaded and clear, with actions open (if unpacked), until such time. The range will go HOT and shooting shall begin shortly after the Safety Briefing. Line breaks for target change will be about every 30 minutes. The range will go COLD around midday for lunch. The range will go HOT again at the conclusion of lunch. The final ceasefire will be called at 3:30 PM. Teardown and clean-up will begin then and the event will end no later than 4:00 PM.

We have only the right side of the range this year (East 1B), so attendance is nominally limited to 30 shooters. If you sign-up then please attend. No tentative sign-ups accepted. You may not have a spot on the line if you are not on the Attendees list by 9:00 PM Friday night (the night before). The thread will likely be closed when the 30 shooters level is reached.

AVAILABILITY OF THE RESIDENT CGSSA BARBECUE IS SUBJECT TO BEING ABLE TO GET IT TRANSPORTED TO EAST 1B.
If you would like, bring your propane BBQ's to share. Wood and Charcoal grills are NOT allowed.

RSO (Range Safety Officer) volunteers are always needed for this event. Please post a response to this thread or send a PM (private message) to me (RFBIII) if you can volunteer in this capacity. Thanks in advance.

Permanent RSO volunteer until further notice: RFBIII

Below are some information URL's about BCSP
http://www.burrocanyon.com/
http://www.burrocanyon.com/faqs.shtml

Burro Canyon is NOT allowing bullets containing steel, or steel targets or frames. So don't bring them because the fire danger is real. Call the Burro office at (626) 910-1344 if you have questions. Take your ammunition to the range office to be checked when you pay and sign-in. Ammunition is supposed to be checked at the office at this time. At East 1B the range staff and the event staff reserve the right to check all ammunition with magnets.

No alcohol or drugs are allowed at Burro Canyon or at this event. Violators will be asked to leave.

Location Details:
Burro Canyon Shooting Park
22100 East Fork Road
Azusa, CA 91702
Burro Office telephone - (626) 910-1344

CGSSA shoots and other events are pre-scheduled this year so check the monthly schedule dates @ http://cgssa.org/events/. This is a very full calendar. For this event look to the last Saturday in the month.

LET'S HAVE A SAFE AND SUPER FUN EVENT!!
NRA Certified RSO and CRSO; CGSSA Women On Target instructor
NRA Members Council of San Gabriel Valley President

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old 11-14-2016, 8:42 PM
CGSSA Leader

Default Attendees

RFBIII (host)
RFBIII +2; 8 sets of burger meat patties and buns; cheese for burgers, and cookies (Use of the CGSSA barbecue is always subject to being able to transport the barbecue). RSO volunteer
McGuiver
NukleusX +3; 8 hot dogs 8 buns, mustard, ketchup, relish. Lb tater salad lb mac salad. 12pack Pepsi 12 pack diet dew, 35 pack extra waters
Jack88 +2
jeremyy

Last edited by RFBIII; 11-25-2016 at 9:09 PM..
Old 11-17-2016, 7:02 PM

I keep missing these, will eventually make it
Old 11-17-2016, 7:02 PM

Please count me in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2016, 12:57 PM

Can't make this one; have to work. Hope to come next time!
Old 11-21-2016, 1:21 PM

Am going to try to make it but cannot commit to a slot as of yet. Thread bookmarked. Will beg the ol' lady this evening for permission.
Old 11-24-2016, 6:01 PM

It looks like it is supposed to rain Saturday. Are we still on or will it be cancelled?

Old 11-24-2016, 8:07 PM

Woman has given permission. Though now I have to wait to hear from a customer tomorrow on if I have to set finish on a job on Saturday...

That said, if it rains I'll be staying home/working... Guess next ~24hrs will tell what's up.
Old 11-24-2016, 8:21 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukleusX View Post
Woman has given permission. Though now I have to wait to hear from a customer tomorrow on if I have to set finish on a job on Saturday...

That said, if it rains I'll be staying home/working... Guess next ~24hrs will tell what's up.
Last forecast that I saw suggested rain about 4:00 PM.

Old 11-24-2016, 9:02 PM

Good ol' bold reassurance. Count us in; unless an act of God counts us out.

I'll tell that customer I'll be over Sunday then!
Old 11-25-2016, 6:31 AM

Good morning, This would be my first time participating and I wanted to know what type of guns are used for this event ?
Old 11-25-2016, 7:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack88 View Post
Good morning, This would be my first time participating and I wanted to know what type of guns are used for this event ?

As far as I know, anything you would normally bring to a range- it's a shoot and BBQ get together. Granted it's my first one outside of sszs so I'm not fully sure myself.
Old 11-25-2016, 9:27 AM

Quote:
As far as I know, anything you would normally bring to a range- it's a shoot and BBQ get together. Granted it's my first one outside of sszs so I'm not fully sure myself.
Thanks! I'll bring 2 friends as well so that will make 3 of us shooting!
Old 11-25-2016, 12:11 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuiver View Post
It looks like it is supposed to rain Saturday. Are we still on or will it be cancelled?

We are a definite "go"! As it gets cooler in the afternoon as a prelude to rain just let your tactical side come out!

Old 11-25-2016, 12:22 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack88 View Post
Pistol, rifle, shotgun, crossbow, black powder. Want to give your .50 BMG a spin? Not a problem on this range. Doesn't matter as long as we have a safe event, which is one of my responsibilities. With respect to shotgun it is worth mentioning that you'll only be able to send clay pigeons straight out from the firing line, and Burro wants you to pick up your shotshell hulls! Brass can stay where it lands, if you don't want it.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:32 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly-jay View Post
Can't make this one; have to work. Hope to come next time!
Well Sly Syl, I hope that you make it also!!

Old 11-25-2016, 1:03 PM

Still a go for me. Was hoping a buddy would make it (who has EZ-up) though he is on the fence still. So count for now is myself and my gf.

RFBill, if you can think of anything specific we can contribute, post up!
Old 11-25-2016, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFBIII View Post
Pistol, rifle, shotgun, crossbow, black powder. Want to give your .50 BMG a spin? Not a problem on this range. Doesn't matter as long as we have a safe event, which is one of my responsibilities. With respect to shotgun it is worth mentioning that you'll only be able to send clay pigeons straight out from the firing line, and Burro wants you to pick up your shotshell hulls! Brass can stay where it lands, if you don't want it.
Thank you, See you guys tmr!
Old 11-25-2016, 3:08 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Still a go for me. Was hoping a buddy would make it (who has EZ-up) though he is on the fence still. So count for now is myself and my gf.

RFBill, if you can think of anything specific we can contribute, post up!
NukleusX, your choice! If everyone shows up there will be 9 of us. Assuming that you want to be part of the potluck barbecue you can bring drinks or a side dish or other edible commodity. If you want to be part of the barbecue but don't bring anything we ask that you donate to the donation jar so that yours truly does not go into the red providing the hamburger beef and buns.

Old 11-25-2016, 5:51 PM

RFBill, do you have condiments? Figure i can bring some soda, a side, some hot dogs and buns, and if no one can claim condiments, I can grab them too.
Old 11-25-2016, 6:00 PM

And buddy and his kid are in, so me +3 now!
Old 11-25-2016, 8:04 PM

Quote:
And buddy and his kid are in, so me +3 now!
and ill bring the EZup.
Old 11-25-2016, 8:59 PM

Got 8 hot dogs 8 buns, mustard, ketchup, relish. Lb tater salad lb mac salad. 12pack Pepsi 12 pack diet dew, 35 pack extra waters.
Old 11-25-2016, 9:10 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Got 8 hot dogs 8 buns, mustard, ketchup, relish. Lb tater salad lb mac salad. 12pack Pepsi 12 pack diet dew, 35 pack extra waters.
Terrific!

Old 11-25-2016, 9:35 PM

If it were cool with the ol lady I'd be leaving now!

Alas, she is more grounded in reality than I.