Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2012, 5:59 PM

Default Review recent purchase at Turner's

OK - twice in the recent past I've experienced less-than stellar processing of transactions - one PPT in Torrance and one purchase in Orange.

I'm glad to see that for another purchase in Fountain Valley, things had significantly smoothed out. It actually took three trips to complete the purchase, since the rifle I wanted to buy was on backorder. Rick did everything he could to locate the rifle in another store, however, due to the sale, they were all out. I had paid in full for the rifle and at that time, I was in and out of the store in just under 30 minutes.

He called me as soon as the rifle had been received at the warehouse. The only information that would have been prudent to pass on is that the store did not yet have the firearm on hand. I would have preferred to take a look at it, but that was a secondary concern after waiting five weeks for it to get back in stock. Time to start the DROS: under 25 minutes.

Third trip - Pick up. In and out in under 20 minutes.

Interesting point: The employee that did the checkout handed me a form with the instruction to check the boxes and sign. Had I done that, I would have committed perjury. The first two points stated that an employee had reviewed the manual and the safety procedures with me, which never took place. I did not check those boxes, since these reviews never took place.

Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised how smooth the individual trips to the store worked out.
www.gebhardsolutions.com
Old 06-10-2012, 10:44 PM
CGN Contributor

I believe that form is a Turners form, not a state or federal form. If you dont want to sign it you dont have to. Or just have the salesman go thru it with you.
Old 06-11-2012, 6:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammerOfTruth View Post
I believe that form is a Turners form, not a state or federal form. If you dont want to sign it you dont have to. Or just have the salesman go thru it with you.
It is a Turner's form.... what I thought strange was the "check-it-and-sign" approach. It was the only thing that somewhat tainted the otherwise positive purchasing experience.
www.gebhardsolutions.com
Old 06-11-2012, 8:52 PM

My perspective: it presents the purchaser an opportunity to ask questions if there any.