Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2014, 11:05 AM

Question local shop willing to SSE transfered gun

I'm trying to find a way to pick up off-roster guns at a local shop, sold by out of state private parties. The nearby shops I've tried so far only do SSE on guns they sell, and don't have what I'm looking for.
Most of the people who do have what I'm looking for only do SSE for guns picked up at their far away shops (though I recently found a Calgunner who will send converted guns) and at this point I really want to use PPT to get out of the 1 per 30 day limit.

What FFLs in Sacramento will do SSE on an out of state PPT? Would it help if I bought my own SSE kits for them to use?
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 08-30-2014, 2:29 PM
Veteran Member

Pretty sure Placer Tactical is your best bet. SBR in Rocklin will do it too as long as the have the SSE kit for the gun you are trying to transfer. TDS in Rocklin is worth a shot too.
Old 08-30-2014, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapped Hide View Post
Pretty sure Placer Tactical is your best bet. SBR in Rocklin will do it too as long as the have the SSE kit for the gun you are trying to transfer. TDS in Rocklin is worth a shot too.
Thanks for the info! I was hoping for someplace closer, but I guess I'll just have to call around more for any chance of that.
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 09-01-2014, 8:28 AM

The gun range is doing sse. $35. The only catch is they won't do magazine blocking. The company I'm buying my cz shadow from was willing to switch the 18 round mags for 10's.
Old 09-01-2014, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshishian101 View Post
The gun range is doing sse. $35. The only catch is they won't do magazine blocking. The company I'm buying my cz shadow from was willing to switch the 18 round mags for 10's.
Thanks! That's a lot closer.
Old 09-04-2014, 5:22 PM

Maybe try Robby at Golden State Tactical in Fair Oaks... www.goldenstatetactical.com

I know that he does SSE on his in stock stuff, not sure if he will do it for not in stock guns because I have never asked about that. But its worth a try.
Old 09-04-2014, 6:11 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916mestizo View Post
Maybe try Robby at Golden State Tactical in Fair Oaks... www.goldenstatetactical.com

I know that he does SSE on his in stock stuff, not sure if he will do it for not in stock guns because I have never asked about that. But its worth a try.
Thanks. Ron at Armory Outpost also suggested asking Robby.
On the way home from Armory Outpost, I dropped by Full Metal Firearms and they said that they'll do it.
Old 09-05-2014, 8:27 AM

Good luck, only a couple of months left.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:10 PM

Similar thread here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=962205
Also mentions Tracy Rifle and Pistol, MTG Firearms, and Wild Bills.