Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 04-05-2013, 2:25 PM

Default Remington Model 31

Hey all, a bud of mine has this. What can you tell me about it? This is what he said about it.....

"This is an old Remington Mod 31 12 Ga. I think it must have been either a military shot gun, or at least in some armory if that is what the little bomb stamp means. Any info would be appreciated. I took it from a fellow who owed me rent, and I've had this gun for about 20 years. It has another choke that you can stick your thumb through."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-05-2013, 3:10 PM
Calguns Addict

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/vie...p?f=75&t=90170
http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php?topic=215543.0

Looks like yours is part of the earlier range of 9000 guns Remington sold to the military during WWII. From what I can tell all of the long barreled guns had the vented choke put on, the riot guns did not.

The value of non-US Gov marked model 31As ranges from $150 to $400, being military might garner more for it's condition depending on the collector.
Old 04-05-2013, 4:23 PM

That's a Cutts compensator on the barrel -

It's probably a 1941 series gun judging from the manufacture dates that NapalmCheese posted -

Also -

The 31 was Remington's 1st side eject repeating shotgun....they're known for arguably having the smoothest action amongst pump guns. There were three series made: 1931, 1934, 1941. There are some minor differences amongst them.

Parts are sort of hard to come by, and the triggers are complex things to work on.

I like them...I may or may not have a couple