Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Friends of the NRA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2014, 5:04 PM
Veteran Member

Default NRA - Life Of Duty

I am a fairly new member of the NRA - Life Of Duty program. I have sent several emails to the website asking for further information on it, but haven't received anything back.

I registered with it, and got a big envelope in the mail. A couple of really cool stickers and also a membership card. At this point, do I need to send anyhting back? There was a several page application for free insurance, but i really don't need that, nor want to deal with the paperwork... Is there a way to validate my account?

The actual date of the card I carry is OCT of 2013.

As I understand it, the first year of NRA membership is free? What are the costs after that?
Old 03-30-2014, 8:00 PM

It's free the first year and $25 renewal fee. There's no need to validate anything. Enjoy.
Old 04-01-2014, 8:50 AM

Unless it's changed recently and I haven't received the email.....

First year IS free. Every year after is $25.
The only real difference (in my opinion and from what I've read and email's I've got) is the magazine is tactically themed instead of gun or hunting like normal NRA and you get discounts on certain tac gear from certain suppliers.

Right now, there's no multi-year or life option with Life of Duty and if you have a regular NRA membership and sign up for a free year with LOD, you get a different membership number.

There's also no way for NRA recruiters to get any commission or track the people they put in the NRA using LOD. So if a first responder comes to me asking for an NRA membership and I refer them to LOD, I don't get anything like I would if I signed them up for a standard.

If you know for certain you want to be an NRA Life member, just get a regular Life membership.
$25 a year is what a normal NRA year membership/renewal is going to cost because I don't know any NRA recruiter who charges the actual $35. NRA lets recruiters "take $10 off for an on the spot discount."

With a Life membership, you can make monthly payments so why pay year to year when you can just make payments on a Life. That's what I'm doing.

I signed up for LOD just to see what it's all about. It's basically the same thing.
You still get the travel discounts, gun insurance, accidental death insurance, etc.

It's a great trial membership before you start paying.

LOD is still a somewhat new and evolving program. NRA is still working on multi-year/life options and keeping NRA member numbers the same.

See website for registration. www.EagleDefenseTrng.com
Like our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/EagleDef
Email us with questions James@EagleDef.com
IG: EagleDef

Last edited by EagleDefense; 04-01-2014 at 8:56 AM..
Old 04-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member

Awesome info! Thank you both