Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 1:58 PM

Default River city gun exchange has 9mm

And a bunch more! It's not cheap (25.99 a box) but they have it! Also .223 on strippers for .75 a round!
Old 04-16-2013, 2:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up, but ouch! on that pricing.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 PM

Damn. I picked up some Federal @ 16.99 a box from them when I picked up my gun a week after Newton.
Old 04-18-2013, 6:32 AM

$0.75 a round? Seen just about every other place have as good or better pricing.
Old 04-18-2013, 9:54 PM

what brand are they?
Old 04-19-2013, 5:36 PM

Ridiculous prices
Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 PM

River city price gouge people out of their hard earned money
Old 04-21-2013, 7:48 AM

Damn I bought 9mm ammo from them a monr h ago for $15.99
Old 04-21-2013, 7:56 AM

I stopped going there for ammo. They hike up prices on everything so dam high and really take as much money from people as they can. They dont even do out of state transfers on normal stuff like 10/22s so you have to buy/order their high priced stuff. They carer nothing other then getting money like the dam lock they made me buy during my last purchase. wtf I explained I once had 4 guns and 4 locks, sold 2 guns, was buying a new gun from them, and they insisted I buy another lock. I asked "So what am i to do with these extra locks I have laying around?"
I then receive blank soulless stares back.
I guess they have trouble with simple math
their logic 4-2+1= 64 you sir have to buy 64 locks and two kittens

F River City Gun Exchange! They can take a long walk of a short pier.
I would rather drive out to Sportsman Warehouse in Rocklin, hell i would rather drive to Cabelas in Boomtown before I go to River City again.

Just so you know you can get ammo shipped to an address in Yolo county. My dear Mother lives on that side of the river so I get my self defense ammo supper cheap via mail order. I treat her to Starbucks often so she doesnt mind my gun related stuff getting mailed there.
Old 04-21-2013, 9:00 AM

River City Gun Exchange does NOT price gouge. In fact, their ammo is usually cheaper than a lot of places (maybe except Wally's). I think their pricing is very fair and and they always HAVE some, in the calibers I want.

As for the locks, the dealer is obligated to send the gun out of the store with a lock, whether they provide it or you do. If you don't bring one, it's your fault.

It's a busy place, so be ready to do business when you get there. They don't have time to swap range stories, but they will help you with selecting the right gun, regardless of how long that takes.

And lastly, they are ALWAYS packed with customers. You don't get that kind of customer base by doing it wrong.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
River City Gun Exchange does NOT price gouge. In fact, their ammo is usually cheaper than a lot of places (maybe except Wally's). I think their pricing is very fair and and they always HAVE some, in the calibers I want.

As for the locks, the dealer is obligated to send the gun out of the store with a lock, whether they provide it or you do. If you don't bring one, it's your fault.

It's a busy place, so be ready to do business when you get there. They don't have time to swap range stories, but they will help you with selecting the right gun, regardless of how long that takes.

And lastly, they are ALWAYS packed with customers. You don't get that kind of customer base by doing it wrong.
yup $25 for a box of 9mm blazer sounds good to me, not
i did bring my spare lock and I still have to pay approx. $8 for a cheap lock they said they had to sell me. why not factor the lock cost into the price when guns dont come with one from their dealer?
I havent found a shop that carries many old/vintage long guns so I drop in time to time and it is always busy. normally no big deal except that most of the staff get worn out and begin treating customers like cattle. I go in for non-glock handgun and get a lecture about why I need to get a glock. WTF I said "no glock" maybe i have a few already

people only go there because they are not willing to go a little farther for better service or have no idea where else to go. The current customer base at River City Gun think this is normal for a gun shop and simply dont know any better.