Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Friends of the NRA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 3:07 PM

Default NRA speaks

Well, whats everyone's opinion on Wayne's speech today? I really wasn't too impressed and was hoping for a better answer than a soldier at each school.
I also was hoping he might answer some questions for about 30 minutes afterwards.
Old 12-21-2012, 5:27 PM

Unfortunately the speech was not impressive and probably will not do much to stem the anti-gun sentiment that is sweeping the nation.

There is validity to having adequate security at our kids schools. There are security guards at the malls, airports, sporting events, at most high schools and other large assembly places but not elementary schools. The high school my son attends is a closed campus and has security, the middle school he went to is also a closed campus with security but the elementary school he attended has no fences and no security. It is also adjacent to a public park. It does not make much sense when you think about it. We do need to protect our kids.
Old 12-21-2012, 5:27 PM

Even tho many schools already have armed police or other security I just can't see the teachers and many others embracing the concept. Now understand, I am all for it but they are gonna make us look like insensitive and closed minded people. On the other hand, a line drawn in the sand may not be a bad idea..... I'm anxous to see how it plays out.
Old 12-21-2012, 5:36 PM

Wasn't sure what to expect from them, but that speech was disappointing.
Old 12-22-2012, 3:30 AM

Old 12-22-2012, 1:26 PM

What was everyone expecting? He was gonna wave his magic NRA wand and make everything better? And all the anti's would just stop being anti's. It was a first statement there is plenty of fighting left to do. Let's not give in just yet.
Old 12-23-2012, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RekEnhanced View Post
What was everyone expecting? He was gonna wave his magic NRA wand and make everything better? And all the anti's would just stop being anti's. It was a first statement there is plenty of fighting left to do. Let's not give in just yet.
RekEnhanced has the right Idea

His speach was about as good as it could be. He spoke truth, albeit to a press audience that dislikes truth.

The reason he didn't take questions right away was because it gives the lying press-staff a chance to spread a fallacy/emotion... "Why do you take millions in donations to spread violence sir?" or some lie like that

They scheduled questions another day, as noted in the speach. Wisely so, every narcissist reporter in that room wanted to get their fix of false-superiority
Old 12-24-2012, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmirage View Post
Even tho many schools already have armed police or other security I just can't see the teachers and many others embracing the concept. Now understand, I am all for it but they are gonna make us look like insensitive and closed minded people. On the other hand, a line drawn in the sand may not be a bad idea..... I'm anxous to see how it plays out.
Well said.
Old 12-25-2012, 8:42 AM

I think the NRA wants to put forth a gun based solution in an attempt to make the point that the answer is MORE guns not LESS. It will not be accepted on anything approaching a large scale. It also has its pros and cons that are open to much debate. School security should be a local and not national choice.
Old 12-26-2012, 1:37 AM

the statistics always play in our favor. the problem is trying to get the emotionally driven populous to look at the numbers. for the people that are worried about children safety we have to show them that having armed police, or security(even if private) is the way. i think in their minds they believe that banning guns is tantamount to uninventing the gun. we have to hammer the fact that gun bans have never worked and are usually followed by tyranny and some sort of genocide. followed by the fact that gun bans will not put a cease to gun crime. it just means that we are at the mercy of the armed criminal.

another quick note is i believe there is a decent portion of the population fears ever having to defend themselves in any fashion. it doesn't matter if it is fisticuffs, knives, guns, etc. the thought of having to stand up and fight for themselves is terrifying.

my concern is that this portion of the populous is so petrified that it drives their want for everyone to be disarmed. the question is how big is this group, and how influential can they be on the people that are on the fence?
Old 12-26-2012, 5:29 AM

Very good points there RekEnhanced.

Your first point is common sense and has to be repeated loudly and often if we are to convince those 'on the fence' as you say.

Your second point speaks to people's normalacy bias, the 'It won't happen to me so I will ignore the problem' belief. This is why locals interviewed on TV after an event say, "Who could have believed it would happen here?"

Your third point is spot on! This is where the first two points' rubber meets the road. The natural conclusion if denial and fear are the driving factors in your thinking.

Lastly, love your self-quote in your signature. I may stumble and fall from time to time but I am trying to live it.

Last edited by Harknii; 12-26-2012 at 5:55 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 9:04 AM
Calguns Addict

The best the NRA can do is to educate the general population to the truth of the situation...
Time and again its a gun at the other end that stops the carnage. The pilots carry in aircraft. No more 9-11 debacles.
-The crime at the mall in Washington State stoped by a armed citizen.
When faced with the data and facts the media and uninformed public will see the light.
The NRA spoke @ the UN recently and must keep up the communication to stay in the fight for our right!
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 03-27-2013, 6:11 PM

I'm sure everyone's seen the pictures of female school teachers in Israel carrying their AR15 rifles via shoulder strap guarding their children at school. This may seem radical to the rapidly growing numbers of deceived masses in our country, but it simply makes sense.
Old 03-27-2013, 6:15 PM

Not to mention that if teachers were required to train and be certified to carry AR 15's (or even hand guns) they would be HOOKED! And then they'd become important supporters of our cause. Think of it; after a few short years no one would be able to imagine a time when teachers didn't carry...