Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 05-27-2013, 8:37 PM

Thanks for picking up. What is so difficult about "pack it in, pack it out" that so many jerks can't grasp?
Old 05-27-2013, 9:00 PM

Thanks for doing the right thing op, I do the same thing everytime I go out. I take as much garbage with me as possible.

Last time I was out I saw some inbreds throwing glass bottles in the air and shooting at them. They hit one out of every 5 they threw. We flagged a ranger down and they were very quick to handle it.

OP I have some mosin stuff to send you, 1 piece of once fired brass and 19 loaded cartridges. Winchester 180gr? PM me if you want it
Old 06-05-2013, 7:06 AM

I have brought home plastic bags with human crap in them one time. Some idiots left a pile (big one) of Chinese Take out and about a half dozen bags of human crap. Frigging disgusting.
Old 06-05-2013, 7:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainned View Post
I have brought home plastic bags with human crap in them one time. Some idiots left a pile (big one) of Chinese Take out and about a half dozen bags of human crap. Frigging disgusting.
That one takes the cake. Not sure I'd have the stomach to do that. Hats off to you.
Old 06-05-2013, 7:18 AM

Quote:
Getting diarrhea while eating your take out, so you just throw the food down, drop trow and start crapping into bags.

It's an every day thing.

Seriously though, I dont think I would have carried that. The Nation Forest I go to to shoot is quite a damn hike up a hill.

"Friends don't let friends play bubba gunsmith."
SlickmisterN
Old 06-10-2013, 9:23 AM

Quote:
Reminds me of the morons who clean up after their dogs with plastic bags and then litter the plastic bags all over the trail. If they would just not bother to clean up at all, we'd be better off.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:18 AM

My uncle was here from England a few weeks ago and I took him to the blm area in riverside for the day and ended up filling 3 black trashbags with hundreds of discarded shotgun hulls, plastic jugs/bottles, broken clays etc. He was absolutely astounded that the place was littered with garbage from inconsiderate shooters! We were in the backside of the canyon away from the road and a Ranger showed up and profusely thanked us for cleaning up and had mentioned the clean up days Calguns has had before.

On the way out, he was parked by a 4 door honda with a bunch of lowlifes sitting on the ground that had likely been misbehaving/ littering as they had a pile of things to shoot at in an area that had been somewhat clean when i previously drove by.

Its a shame that people have to wreck that area. The ranger was telling me about several shooters who caused a fire, then fled shortly after!
Old 06-10-2013, 8:01 PM
Calguns Addict

i was at Ocotillo last weekend and found a lot of trash out there. claened up what i could take back with me but barely made a difference. Lots of Tv screens and such out there. Im going to need a tralier to get all the crap outta there.
D1.1 1F/G, 2F/G, 3F/G unlimited range, Steel SMAW
I can make custom shooting targets and paracord accesories. PM me.

Last edited by xibunkrlilkidsx; 06-10-2013 at 8:05 PM..
Old 06-11-2013, 1:39 PM

I clean and rake where i shoot every time. it always pisses off my wofe but free brass! Now I have a 5 gal bucket of brass that I don't use. It's mostly .40s&w but I have some 30-06, 45-70 gov, 357 mag, 44 mag, 357 sig, .25, 380, ect. I'm thinking of trading it all once I clean and deprive for stuff.
Old 06-11-2013, 2:34 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Thanks for picking up. What is so difficult about "pack it in, pack it out" that so many jerks can't grasp?
Because even in the world of 2A loving gun owners, there is a fair percentage of straight up d-bags who don't care what they thrash or leave behind so long as they have a good time doing it.

My crystal ball tells me it was a group of fat guys in their 40's wearing sleeveless shirts with flabby arms. Sweaty baseball cap, wraparound gas station sunglasses, and sandals with black socks. Drinking beer, eating pork rinds, and shooting wherever and whatever with no regard for anything.

Trash
Old 06-29-2013, 3:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

It's not Calguns or other association people causing the issue. Many of us care enough.

It's people who own, shoot, have zero interest in gun groups and don't give a crap about anyone but themselves. There are a lot of them to be honest. More than not.
Old 06-30-2013, 9:10 AM

Took the kids shooting at my local BLM spot here in SD and was surprised how clean the spot was. i was also a little disappointed because there was no extra brass to take home
Old 06-30-2013, 9:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibefuz View Post
Took the kids shooting at my local BLM spot here in SD and was surprised how clean the spot was. i was also a little disappointed because there was no extra brass to take home
Last i was out at the BLM area in perris, i had to shoo away 3 different people that kept coming up asking if i was collecting my brass. Who walks up on people holding a 12ga with a .45 holstered?
Old 06-30-2013, 4:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadoody View Post
It's not Calguns or other association people causing the issue. Many of us care enough.

It's people who own, shoot, have zero interest in gun groups and don't give a crap about anyone but themselves. There are a lot of them to be honest. More than not.
there are plenty of douchebags here, even though nobody wants to admit it. the percentage would probably make you ill.
Old 07-02-2013, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphAndrew View Post
Once we got there, we realized that some a-hole had an awesome time with his Saiga 12
How exactly do you know he was using a Saiga 12?
Old 07-04-2013, 5:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR79 View Post
Because of people like this we get our BLM spots closed down! Glad you did the right thing though
Not really.........

The Anti's look for any excuse even made up excuses like condor lead poisoning. They ban guns and close shooting areas and put taxes on guns and make guns hard to get etc etc etc.

It really has very little to do with trash (1%). You could leave the place spotless and it will still be close eventually do to EPA lead hazard, protected lizards etc.
Old 07-04-2013, 5:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
there are plenty of douchebags here, even though nobody wants to admit it. the percentage would probably make you ill.

Yep and they all voted for the Muslim-N-Chief.
Old 07-04-2013, 5:59 AM
Banned

Yeah, you know they don't wipe after they poop also.
Old 07-04-2013, 7:49 AM

The condor one pisses me off the most. I'm an EPA trained OSHA safety inspector. All I do is read reports on lead and asbestos all day and the condors are still getting their lead. It's not shooters, OSHA has several studies of hunters that admit to eating shot regularly to no ill effect, it's the environment there. My guess is that the condors are ingesting soil and rocks that contain lead, or are solely using heartily contaminated water. Even the lib-tards own studies show that a lead ban didn't help, but they feel like "EHMERGERD! Make the lead ban bigger and the problem will get better!"
Old 07-15-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblebattery View Post
How exactly do you know he was using a Saiga 12?
I'm just guessing, but the fact that they were the only shooting military buckshot, and the shells being in piles and really beat looking lead me that way.
Old 07-15-2013, 1:02 PM

I automatically thought that was the BLM land where I live. There is an endless amount of garbage, pallets, ****tons of shot shells, busted TVs/computers...everything. I've wanted to do some heavy cleaning, but I KNOW somebody will just continue dump crap till the authorities shut it down. I wish shooters were all like the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigNoche View Post
Funny, in my area its all 9mm, 223/5.56, .308, and .45
Yup, sounds like the CV to me...but you left out 7.62x39.

Sunday morning out at Berdoo Canyon, some shooters from possibly OC (left empty ear/eye protection packages, PLUS the receipt from Turners in OC where he stocked up on a ton of 5.56/.223) were shooting early morning, where I arrived to a trashed area.

He also left 500+ brass cases of .223 and 100+ of .45 for me to collect