Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2019, 5:30 PM

For those that submitted their applications without DOJ approval yet, are they allowed to bring their rifles to the shooting range in the Bullet Button AW configuration?

My buddy’s application is still pending.
Old 02-08-2019, 5:45 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikSors View Post
For those that submitted their applications without DOJ approval yet, are they allowed to bring their rifles to the shooting range in the Bullet Button AW configuration?

DOJ says yes.

I would bring print the submission confirmation and bring that along just in case. You can log in to cfars and print another copy from there if you don't already have one.
Old 02-08-2019, 6:58 PM

My Signature was their response when I asked that exact question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikSors View Post

Old 02-08-2019, 7:25 PM

Ok. Thanks.

Good info.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:07 PM

Had 1 remaining incomplete from late November that I received a submission confirmation for a couple days ago. Wife's companion submission has not been confirmed yet....

there is light
Old 02-11-2019, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by botsdots View Post
Had 1 remaining incomplete from late November that I received a submission confirmation for a couple days ago. Wife's companion submission has not been confirmed yet....

there is light
That's one long tunnel though.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:01 AM

Received response today for my submissions....
For AK pistol it says “there is an additional characteristic shown on your firearm” that was not on application.

Any ideas?
Old 02-15-2019, 10:06 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad40 View Post
Received response today for my submissions....
For AK pistol it says “there is an additional characteristic shown on your firearm” that was not on application.

Any ideas?
Not without seeing a picture or knowing what you selected...
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Old 02-15-2019, 10:13 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Probably didn't check either the second handgrip or barrel shroud boxes. Both have to be checked.

99.9% of kickbacks for AR/AK pistols are caused by leaving one of those boxes unchecked.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:33 AM

Agree with cockedandglocked. Carefully check the stated reason. For me the quickest way to get a response was to create an issue. Typically DOJ got back to me in a day or less.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:40 AM

Agree with cockedandglocked. Carefully check the stated reason. For me the quickest way to get a response was to create an issue. Typically DOJ got back to me in a day or less.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:24 PM

So I’ve had mine kicked back several times. The first was my fault. The last two hav been address verification. They asked for something other than a DMV registration for my wife (joint registration) I uploaded her CCW with the firearms blacked out. Then they kick it back again stating I need verification for me?!? There aren’t any other image options and I don’t remember needed verification for the primary registratant. I deleted some optional images (close ups of serial on two guns that are hard to read) just to be able to add my CCW.

Anyone else had to upload verification of address for the primary regisratrant?
Old 02-15-2019, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18rexracer View Post
So I’ve had mine kicked back several times. The first was my fault. The last two hav been address verification. They asked for something other than a DMV registration for my wife (joint registration) I uploaded her CCW with the firearms blacked out. Then they kick it back again stating I need verification for me?!? There aren’t any other image options and I don’t remember needed verification for the primary registratant. I deleted some optional images (close ups of serial on two guns that are hard to read) just to be able to add my CCW.

Here are the regs for acceptable Proof of Address.

if it's on that list, it's acceptable. If they mention anything about it being expired (like for Utility Bills), they don't know what they're talking about since it's based off of the date of application. All my docs were in PDF, so I used a PDF merging program or site (though the site might not be safe with your personal info). Put my proof of address together with all other joint registrants.

What error messages are you getting?
Old 02-15-2019, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18rexracer View Post

I got a kickback for the proof of residency for me and the wife because the process took so long they said the cable bill was past the valid stage. Ridiculous. When I submitted t was current. Not my fault it takes them so long.
Old 02-15-2019, 4:03 PM

Yeah, and it's wrong too. The regs clearly state that Utility Bills submitted with registration need to be within three months of application, not when it's reviewed. Hopefully not too many people lost their registration due to this.
Old 02-15-2019, 4:39 PM

Edit: Dup post

Last edited by b18rexracer; 02-15-2019 at 5:21 PM..
Old 02-15-2019, 4:42 PM

This was the email message after I updated my wife’s with her CCW.

Proof of address must be provided for each joint registrant. You have only provided proof of address for the secondary registrant. Please upload additional documentation verifying the primary registrant resides at the same address. Refer to California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 5474.1(c) for more information: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...let-button.pdf
Old 02-15-2019, 4:53 PM

I submitted our ATT uverse bill....they said that wasn't any good....um it's our cable bill you idiots..........geez...so I sent them a dmv registration....haven't heard anything back yet.....Oh and my prior DMV was no good because it expired in the time it took them to review it..........well Fugg Me.
Old 02-15-2019, 8:55 PM

The reason for rejection matters. While I did contact them through the My Issue system, they told me to talk to the processor through the comment area when I resubmitted my application, as it records comments every time you submit your application.

Your proof of address cannot expire as best as I can tell, though you may have an easier time adding your wife and/or yourself to a utility bill and submitting that. I'm pushing back though because I'm curious if they try to justify the expired proof thing.

Make sure to cite the regulation if you do push back on the expiration though.

Last edited by BeAuMaN; 02-15-2019 at 10:53 PM..
Old 02-15-2019, 9:11 PM
Calguns Addict

The proof of residency expiration has been frustrating for me too. Luckily, our electric company has a downloadable utility bill .pdf online that has all of our names on the bill. I'm here for quite a long time and can submit those bills as long as they need me to.

I still log on to CFARS every couple of weeks to check the status of my application, and to check if a new password is needed. So far only less than third of my long gun registrations have been approved, but this stubborn man has plenty of time.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 02-15-2019, 9:53 PM

I got an acknowledgement of my application. I can no longer log on to my account and I am afraid I may have missed a deadline to reply. I have to call to have them reset my password..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I must go...I must smell that smell...The smell of burnt gunpowder blowing down the line, the sweet sound of lead connecting with metal...I have to have it and hear it....I know you know what I mean, I know Bob would know what I mean.... Its nothing that a little steri strips and some tegaderm won't fix...

Broke into the wrong Goddammed rec room didn't you you bastard!!!
Burt Gummer for President 2012
Old 02-16-2019, 9:14 AM

It's probably somewhere it this big ol' thread......and I have read all of it at least once, …...some multiple times...

How do I request the DOJ to generate a letter for what I have registered?

My latest application where I had received the "we are processing" email for all of the firearms on that specific application I had received the email many months ago and have not received the letter.

So how to I go about getting one sent to me?

THANKS!
Old 02-16-2019, 12:07 PM

Does anyone know the statute or regulation which states that a registered AW has to be stored in a way that only the registrant has access to it? Thanks.
Old 02-16-2019, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
It's probably somewhere it this big ol' thread......and I have read all of it at least once, …...some multiple times...

How do I request the DOJ to generate a letter for what I have registered?

My latest application where I had received the "we are processing" email for all of the firearms on that specific application I had received the email many months ago and have not received the letter.

So how to I go about getting one sent to me?

THANKS!
First, I would raise an issue regarding whether CA-DoJ has sent your letter out. If the answer is that your letter has been sent, then a reply asking for an address to send a request for a duplicate letter could be a reasonable next step. There is a fee for the duplicate letter, but unfortunately, I don't know how much the fee is.
Old 02-17-2019, 2:37 PM
Veteran Member

Just got my letter in the mail... wow that took a long time.
Old 02-17-2019, 2:38 PM
Veteran Member

Just got my letter in the mail... wow that took a long time. The CFARS website still shows pending BTW.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:35 AM

Finally got my responses back. Was getting worried that they were planning a raid instead!

All my apps got kicked back. My MCX and Tavor had the wrong Model name. All my 80%s wanted the "make" (my name) in the comments. Also, for my AR pistols, I did NOT mark "second handgrip" but just "barrel shroud" because a second handgrip makes a pistol an illegal SBR according to Federal regs. Soooo CA DOJ is basically making me a criminal no matter what. I'm sure this is unlikely to land anyone in hot water, but I'll add to the comments that it is "designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand" per 18 USC 921.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:35 AM

Finally got my responses back. Was getting worried that they were planning a raid instead!

All my apps got kicked back. My MCX and Tavor had the wrong Model name. All my 80%s wanted the "make" (my name) in the comments. Also, for my AR pistols, I did NOT mark "second handgrip" but just "barrel shroud" because a second handgrip makes a pistol an illegal SBR according to Federal regs. Soooo CA DOJ is basically making me a criminal no matter what. I'm sure this is unlikely to land anyone in hot water, but I'll add to the comments that it is "designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand" per 18 USC 921.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolus View Post
Just got my letter in the mail... wow that took a long time. The CFARS website still shows pending BTW.
Congrats! Now there is one less in the queue that those who are still waiting for their letter have to worry about. I suspect that CFARS website will show pending until all of the applications have been processed and approved or rejected. Then they will do a bulk update and change the status on all of the records at once.
Old 02-18-2019, 5:12 PM

I got 2 more approval e-mails today. Just one more to go.
Old 02-19-2019, 6:09 AM

Default DOJ just acknowledged receipt of a application

I just received an email from DOJ stating that they have received one of my applications and that they will start processing it! Say what? I've been having a back and forth with them for months and they're telling me they've only just started to process the application? How crazy can this thing get???
Old 02-19-2019, 7:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtlaw View Post
I just received an email from DOJ stating that they have received one of my applications and that they will start processing it! Say what? I've been having a back and forth with them for months and they're telling me they've only just started to process the application? How crazy can this thing get???
Take a look through the thread and you'll see that this is a canned email that typically means your registration is complete and your letter is on the way. Confusing wording, but that's what it means.

I got confirmation notices for my two rifles that I submitted on June 30th (or whatever the last day was) just after 7 and then 8 this morning. I'll be checking the mail every day now.
Old 02-19-2019, 8:00 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentdude56k View Post
Take a look through the thread and you'll see that this is a canned email that typically means your registration is complete and your letter is on the way. Confusing wording, but that's what it means.

I got confirmation notices for my two rifles that I submitted on June 30th (or whatever the last day was) just after 7 and then 8 this morning. I'll be checking the mail every day now.
Indeed. However, DOJ seems to be taking a long time to send the letters lately, some people reported getting that email 2 months ago and still no letter.

It seems to vary between about 2 weeks to 2 months. If you still haven't gotten a letter after 2 months since getting that email, I'd raise an issue on CFARS about it - until then, just be patient.

Also be aware that you must receive one of those emails for EACH gun you submitted in your app (1 app = 1 $15 fee paid), before they send the letter. So if you submitted 7 guns on one app, and you only get 5 confirmation emails, they won't send your letter until they've finished the remaining 2. If you submitted more than 1 app (paid more than 1 $15 fee), you'll probably (but not always) get 1 letter in the mail for each app.

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 02-19-2019 at 8:03 AM..
Old 02-19-2019, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Also be aware that you must receive one of those emails for EACH gun you submitted in your app (1 app = 1 $15 fee paid), before they send the letter. So if you submitted 7 guns on one app, and you only get 5 confirmation emails, they won't send your letter until they've finished the remaining 2.
Nope.

I received a partial letter for my 6/26 registration dated February 8th, 2018.

It includes one gun with a January 14, 2019 confirmation email and excludes another.

Last edited by Drew Eckhardt; 02-19-2019 at 5:54 PM..
Old 02-19-2019, 9:33 PM
Calguns Addict

OK,

I just got a kick back on ALL of my registrations. The AR Pistols AND the AR rifles are kicked back saying I did not select "threaded barrel" and when I check the app, it says "Threaded Barrel (capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer)"

I thought that was a no-no??
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
12050[CCW] licenses will be shall issue soon.

-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
Ignorance of the law is no excuse……..except for police.
Old 02-20-2019, 5:17 AM

The state is evilizing the term threaded barrel by adding accepts suppressor and other evil things used in Hollywood movies by the evil man in black.

A threaded barrel was not banned on fixed magazine semi rifles.

If you have anything on the end of your barrel then it is likely threaded.

This IS NOT A TRAP.

Check threaded barrel if you have anything on the barrel, and just move on by resubmitting.

If truly not threaded then take a close up picture of barrel end without threads then resubmit with comment barrel is not threaded-look at the picture.
Old 02-20-2019, 6:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Pluribus Unum View Post
OK,

I just got a kick back on ALL of my registrations. The AR Pistols AND the AR rifles are kicked back saying I did not select "threaded barrel" and when I check the app, it says "Threaded Barrel (capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer)"

I thought that was a no-no??

Yes check threaded barrel for your pistols if they have one. Double check the applications for your rifles, because the threaded barrel isn’t a selectable feature on rifles, unless you accidentally are entering them as pistols?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2019, 7:04 AM

Default My wife will be the last man standing????

Quote:
Originally Posted by botsdots View Post

there is light

I received my last "we're processing your application" emails this morning. You guys say that means approval is on its way (though I have yet to receive anything). So I guess that means I won't be the last man standing and I won't get the "Last Man Standing" T-shirt prize. Looks like my wife is gonna win though. How am I gonna live that down???
Old 02-22-2019, 4:10 PM

Anyone still getting notifications? This thread slowed down and I wanna make sure DOJ didn't stop processing
Old 02-22-2019, 4:12 PM

Anyone getting updates? DOJ still processing I hope...