Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 01-31-2019, 6:13 AM

Default Safariland > 8 weeks out

I was caught by surprise so if you’re looking for some new leather or nylon, be prepared to wait. I put in an order for a drop leg QLS system without a holster, and then waited the customary two weeks. Having not heard anything, I decided to email them and then waited another five days with no response. I emailed them again last night, and just got an email saying that my order would “probably” be shipping in four weeks. This is not a rip on Safariland. Clearly I think it’s odd and I’m a little disappointed to not have my gear already, but I just wanted to put it out there that if you’re in a hurry to get something from them now would be the time and expect to wait up to 2 months depending on your order.
Old 01-31-2019, 6:45 AM
Veteran Member

I've had so many problems with safariland. They gave me the wrong mag holders, then charged me to return them and then gave me the wrong ones again. It's just find a better company if I were you. I'll never buy from them again. In fact I have a Blackhawk drop leg you can have if you're close to San Diego. I've got 5 laying around.

Last edited by etwinam; 01-31-2019 at 8:12 PM..
Old 01-31-2019, 12:13 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

I have ordered from Safariland directly several times. The turnaround wasn't fast, but it was reasonable considering the items were made to order. I guess left handed Glock 41 duty holsters with tac lights are not made in bulk...
Old 01-31-2019, 7:51 PM

I had the same problem with Safariland direct. I ordered a holster for a P226 with a light(common holster) that was listed IN STOCK on their website and gave a delivery time of 5 days. After it didn't show up in a week, I called them and they said they would call me back. They didn't call me back. I made a call back and was told everything was made to order and it would take 8 weeks. I gave them an earful about what's listed on their website vs the concealed reality. I had my holster on my doorstep 18 hours later.

I love their products, but I won't be buying direct from their website anymore. You're better off getting their products from Amazon, LA Police Gear or a local uniform shop. You'll likely get a better price too. I only paid the premium and bought it from them because I needed it within 2 weeks, otherwise I would of bought it from another retailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
I guess left handed Glock 41 duty holsters with tac lights are not made in bulk...
It's too late now but the G34/G35 holsters fit the G41.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:48 PM
Calguns Addict

I'll buy G Code over Safariland whenever I can. G Code's pricing is much better. And I much prefer G Code's spring loaded retention hood over Safariland's manual hood...but I understand why some folks prefer a manual hood. Safariland's ALS, however, is the bomb.

Safariland, however, can be frustrating. I recently bought one of their new holsters for red dot sights. This is a modular holster capable of being mounted to drop leg platforms, belt mounts, etc., which is great. However, they don't sell the holster as a stand alone item. You MUST buy it with some type of mount, with a belt mount being the cheapest option. Never mind if you already have mounts from previous purchases...which I do.

If you're going to build and tout a modular product/system like Safariland does, then EVERY freaking component of that modular system should be available for sale as a stand alone item!

Fighter Pilot
Old 02-01-2019, 7:18 AM

I love their gear, hate buying direct.

But sometimes that is the only option, especially if you already have a setup and just need a new holster and want to leave the rest alone. I have yet to find a non-safariland holster that has the same mounting pattern. Most can use two of the three holes, but in a competition rig I prefer as solid a mount as possible.
Old 02-01-2019, 1:14 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

I ordered a M&P 2.0 duty holster from them, waited 5 weeks, got it and it was defective. When I contacted them, they were very helpful, but said since the military sig 320 7ts contract, wait times are waaaaay out.

This is why I buy safariland stuff from their subsidiary, holsterops. Way better ship times, since they only sell in stock items.

10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!
Old 02-01-2019, 7:34 PM

Buying direct from Safariland sucks. OPTactical will usually have most of the QLS holsters and accessories in stock.
Old 02-18-2019, 9:50 PM

My Safariland order took 6 weeks. Happy with the product, but when I ordered, I wish they would have given me notification of a long turn around time.
Old 02-21-2019, 9:01 PM
Cry Havok!
CGN Contributor

I buy direct from safariland because they constantly have 30% off sales if you sign into their news letter. Stuff comes when it comes. Of course i live 15 minutes from their Ontario warehouse.
"Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.
Old 02-22-2019, 9:33 AM

Another vote for Gcode here. Really quality gear, but you will wait. Took me about 5-6 weeks for 2 custom holsters during the early holidays. So not bad at all really.