Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Addax Tactical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Addax Tactical Hosted by Addax

Old 12-16-2012, 7:02 PM

im just wondering where we are in the process has addax received the forgings yet . just want a update im impatiently waiting
Old 12-16-2012, 8:40 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodog57 View Post
im just wondering where we are in the process has addax received the forgings yet . just want a update im impatiently waiting
We have been informed by the forging company that they will be shipping out our order in the next week.

They are running a little behind due to the huge influx of orders for forgings they have had to fulfill for the past few months.

Just to give you a perspective, they have one order they are trying to fulfill for 100,000 forgings from one company! That is a lot of AR15's.

We will provide another update this week when we receive confirmation from the forging company regarding our order.

Thank you,
AT
San Fernando, CA 91340

Email: sales@addaxtactical.com

Phone: (818) 361-5008
Old 12-16-2012, 9:55 PM

ok thanks for the update
Old 12-17-2012, 6:25 AM

I realize the estimated delivery date is late January, but with the current political environment and a President who has no problem upsurping current laws and replacing them with his own mandates, please try to push these out before they become illegal. Especially to those of us here in the democratic super majority state of California. The Dems can pull our rights away in a single session. Very scary.
Old 12-17-2012, 7:19 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Folks,

We have received some messages from several Group Buy members about concerns of a new firearms ban in the wake of the Extremely Tragic shooting in CT.

We will do our best to get the lowers done as quickly as we can, but keep in mind that we cannot make the machines operate faster without risking machining /quality issues.
We can't make or force Anodizing shop to bump us up their production list, and we can only laser engrave the lowers one at a time.

Again we will do our best but we also cannot be pressured into rushing everything without compromising something.

We will provide an update this week once we receive confirmation the forging's are on the way to us.

Thank you,
Addax Tactical
Old 12-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the update.

To the rest of the GB members, the good news is that most new laws or regulations don't happen overnight. Even if something was looming on the horizon, we should beat any timeframe with the originally stated end of January delivery date.

Also, remember this whole GB was started after the SB249 fiasco to fund CGF. That's almost $3k to the cause to help battle any possible proposed laws to limit us.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 12-17-2012, 8:38 PM

Is there a waiting list for those of us who did not make the cutoff?

Thanks.

Rob
Old 12-18-2012, 7:21 AM

Thanks for the update. This makes an upper group buy even more appealing, more money being donated!
Old 12-18-2012, 8:42 AM

Lee is promising to reintroduce his bullet button legislation in January. Round 2 is upon us.

When they kick in your front door,
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head,
Or on the trigger of your gun?
Old 12-18-2012, 9:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2D2 View Post
Is there a waiting list for those of us who did not make the cutoff?

Thanks.

Rob
No there's not a list. Sorry.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 12-18-2012, 9:18 AM

I know this is a long shot and either way no big deal, but

any chance you have serial numbers?

at this point I am planning on going to Angeles Ranges on Friday and would be an easy trip their to DROS
Old 12-18-2012, 4:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredridge View Post
I know this is a long shot and either way no big deal, but

any chance you have serial numbers?

at this point I am planning on going to Angeles Ranges on Friday and would be an easy trip their to DROS
The lowers will be ready at the end of January but the date isn't set. Any DROS that is older than 30 days would require a re-DROS PC section 12071(b).

So you wouldn't want to DROS it Friday even if they were available.
Old 12-18-2012, 5:02 PM

thank you, just more time to plan my build

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
The lowers will be ready at the end of January but the date isn't set. Any DROS that is older than 30 days would require a re-DROS PC section 12071(b).

Old 12-18-2012, 7:09 PM

I'm ok with the "end of january" ready for delivery. I will be in vacation and will return on the 20th anyway.
Thnx for the update.
Old 12-18-2012, 9:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Thanks for the update, i couldn't find the ETA on the 1st post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian777 View Post
...Don't pick either side....
Old 12-19-2012, 8:54 AM
Calguns Addict

According to Obama's latest statement, the next time we'll hear from Joe Biden's Gun Control Committee will be near the end of January. We all should have our lowers in the mail right as the debate starts up in D.C. , so the Federal government shouldn't be an obstacle for this group buy.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 12-19-2012, 1:03 PM

Is it too late to get in on this purchase?
And how do I order extra lowers for friends who want to get some as well?
Old 12-19-2012, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taidaisher View Post
Is it too late to get in on this purchase?
And how do I order extra lowers for friends who want to get some as well?
ur a day late and a dollar short....... there is interest of others who missed out that would like to see a second run. however, with the current political climate i think any second runs would be after a few months to see what happens.
Old 12-19-2012, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
According to Obama's latest statement, the next time we'll hear from Joe Biden's Gun Control Committee will be near the end of January. We all should have our lowers in the mail right as the debate starts up in D.C. , so the Federal government shouldn't be an obstacle for this group buy.
Even with the 100,00 unit order before ours?
Old 12-19-2012, 2:19 PM
Veteran Member

ATTENTION GROUP BUY MEMBERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by group_buy_main_post
IMPORTANT: Please do not bombard Addax Tactical via email/phone to ask for individual order status information. As a custom group buy, this does take time to anodize and engrave (engraving must be done one at a time). We will be sure to keep everyone posted on the forum thread.
Addax and myself have been getting bombarded with emails and calls (Addax had 20 voice mails this morning and I had almost a dozen PMs).
The order is still being processed. Addax can't possibly respond to all the messages as they have a business to run and other customers to attend to. Any 'rush' order requests for lowers from this group buy will not be answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by group_buy_main_post
The lowers are ESTIMATED to be completed by the end of January 2013. After completion the lowers, we will notify members that the lowers will either be shipped out to their FFL or if you are picking up at Addax Tactical, that you can start your DROS.
This is our best guess estimate based on current market and industry conditions.
As you can imagine many gun owners are in a panic right now. Please remember these estimates. Addax will definitely keep everyone posted on the time frame and ship date as it draws near and becomes more solidified.
Read SilverTaurnen's post above. Any bans/legislation/etc doesn't happen over night.

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT:

Remember this group buy was started so that we could donate a substantial amount of money to CGF to keep fighting for the 2A rights of all of us right here in California.
This group buy raised nearly $3,000 which will be donated directly to CGF at the conclusion of this group buy.

This group buy has been very successful. Let's not taint the experience at this point by forgetting expectations clearly set at the start of the group buy which everyone agreed to by ordering.

Thank you to everyone for your support of CGF and a CA business. In return, we'll have made a significant donation to CGF and received high quality custom engraved lowers. Once this has concluded, I'm confident that everyone, including myself, will not be disappointed.

Reminder: I am not an employee of Addax Tactical, just a Calgunner that feels very strongly about protecting and preserving our 2A rights and heritage.
Old 12-19-2012, 2:33 PM

Thank you guys again for all of this.
Old 12-19-2012, 6:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

All,

First, I wanted to thank everyone again for their tremendous support and generosity. Group buys are a lot of work to run and administer, so kaligaran and Addax deserve a standing ovation for everything they are doing to support your rights.

With that said, I'd like to reassure everyone that none of the bills or bill concepts floated in California or federally would affect the completion of this group buy except to the extent that the supply chain reacts to them.

We have a tough year ahead of us for sure; this group buy will be long settled before we get into the meat and potatoes of the coming fight to preserve our rights and property.

Relax, enjoy the holidays, and be confident that your Addax/CGF lower receivers will make it to your DROS dealer unscathed.

Best,

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Just tell them to go make a sandwich and send me a pm. Ill tell em to chill the **** out. Thx for offering this group buy.
Old 12-21-2012, 4:32 PM

Hmm, wonder what the chances are now of getting an upper to go with my lower,,,
Old 12-21-2012, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by me109g4 View Post
Hmm, wonder what the chances are now of getting an upper to go with my lower,,,
At this exact second? Near impossible. Basically EVERYthing is out of stock. When these lowers arrive in January? Hopefully things will get a little more normal again.
Old 12-21-2012, 5:47 PM

anyone want to sell me their lower?
PM me.
Old 12-21-2012, 5:51 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Look at it this way.

1) The Firearms industry was already impacted by steady demand due to the Presidential Elections in November.

2) Most of the companies are normally starting to ramp down production from Thanksgiving forward into the New Year where they have skeleton crews and limited production while re-tooling and getting ready for 2013 and SHOT Show.

3) Due to the tragic shooting in CT and the Anti-gun politicians and President Obama calling for new control legislation, a lot of people started to buy up months worth of inventory in a matter of days.

We have spoken to a few companies this week and some are expanding production plans and bringing in new CNC's, equipment and manpower to start meeting demand as early as late January.

As it sits right now most companies (us included) are either quoting long ETA's or no ETA's on products until the dust settles and production ramps up again.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:23 AM

I think i could have phrased that a little better,, i meant the group buy of uppers that i had suggested,,,
Old 12-22-2012, 2:00 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by me109g4 View Post
I think i could have phrased that a little better,, i meant the group buy of uppers that i had suggested,,,
A special Group Buy for uppers to help CGF is something we want to do.

We are just going to let the dust settle on the whole buying frenzy, and we want to finish the lower group buy first before we start another group buy for uppers.

I spoke with Brandon at CGF, and the idea of an Addax upper completing and Addax-CGF Group Buy lower is a great idea.
San Fernando, CA 91340

Old 12-22-2012, 2:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addax View Post
A special Group Buy for uppers to help CGF is something we want to do.

We are just going to let the dust settle on the whole buying frenzy, and we want to finish the lower group buy first before we start another group buy for uppers.

I spoke with Brandon at CGF, and the idea of an Addax upper completing and Addax-CGF Group Buy lower is a great idea.
I'm gonna need a matching upper. can you do one like the spikes tactical?
Quote:
Old 12-22-2012, 2:37 PM

Sounds good to me, like i said before, i have not much in the way of plans for my Calguns lower yet, this is going to be a first time build for me, up till know i have always built Garands and M1A's
Old 12-22-2012, 2:54 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhawke83 View Post
I'm gonna need a matching upper. can you do one like the spikes tactical?
We are looking at several options right now.

Obviously to make the logistics efficient, we will offer one special model.

The thought is to offer a 16" with a 12" free float hand guard, NIB Bolt Carrier Group, and we are thinking of the Spikes Dynacomp as the possible muzzle device.
San Fernando, CA 91340

Old 12-22-2012, 2:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

The thought is to offer a 16" with a 12" free float hand guard, NIB Bolt Carrier Group, and we are thinking of the Spikes Dynacomp as the possible muzzle device.
after looking at you're site, looks like you already do same a few like spikes. would just need a CGF logo.

http://www.addaxtactical.com/store/p...PS-58p1637.htm
Quote:
Old 12-22-2012, 3:00 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhawke83 View Post
after looking at you're site, looks like you already do same a few like spikes. would just need a CGF logo.

http://www.addaxtactical.com/store/p...PS-58p1637.htm
The current CGF logo would not easily laser engrave into that small of an area without losing a lot of detail.

We would probably laser engrave the letters CGF or something like that.

We will see.

Thanks,
AT
San Fernando, CA 91340

Old 12-22-2012, 3:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

I would be interested in that. Thanks again for doing the lowers. If you do the uppers, please let me know.
Old 12-22-2012, 9:23 PM

i kind of forgot about these. now i am even happier i got in on this.

thank you for this, and not stalling on it.
Old 12-22-2012, 9:24 PM
Not A Freeloader
CGN Contributor

I am definitely interested in a matching upper. Maybe this time add 10% of the price as the donation amount (just a thought)? Im sure CGF is going to need it next year. 10% isn't much (IMO) for the cause and for the opportunity of owning a limited run upper.
Old 12-24-2012, 4:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the donald View Post
i kind of forgot about these. now i am even happier i got in on this.
I think we're all happy to have gotten in on it at this point. Even 80% lowers seem to be near impossible to find at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH
I am definitely interested in a matching upper. Maybe this time add 10% of the price as the donation amount (just a thought)? Im sure CGF is going to need it next year. 10% isn't much (IMO) for the cause and for the opportunity of owning a limited run upper.
Not too sure how the uppers would work out as they are significantly more expensive. No details have been discussed at all.
At this point prices are also unknown and may go up in the upcoming months... the whole supply/demand thing biting us in the... yeah you know what I mean.

Anyhow, we definitly want to complete this group buy first and see how the first month or so of the year goes. Either way, keep an eye on the Addax forum here on Calguns.
Old 12-24-2012, 6:47 PM

Thanks Kali. I know you keep hearing it and the reason you do is that you've done a bang up job, even above and beyond the call of duty since we're at the waiting for the lowers stage.

I purchased an upper to go with my lower and quite happy to have done so. Looking forward to getting both and putting it together when it comes in. When the 'What did you build with your calguns lower' thread gets made I'll post on it.

Quote:
I think we're all happy to have gotten in on it at this point. Even 80% lowers seem to be near impossible to find at this point.

Not too sure how the uppers would work out as they are significantly more expensive. No details have been discussed at all.
At this point prices are also unknown and may go up in the upcoming months... the whole supply/demand thing biting us in the... yeah you know what I mean.

Anyhow, we definitly want to complete this group buy first and see how the first month or so of the year goes. Either way, keep an eye on the Addax forum here on Calguns.
Old 12-25-2012, 8:11 AM

At this point I personally would go for a stripped upper, as I dont know what I will be building yet.