Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 09-13-2019, 4:44 PM

Default Got me a CZ 457 VPT Manners...

Picked one up at Budsgunshop.com.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...(02358)?cpath=

Iíve been lusting after a good 22LR for some time. This one is a bit more than I plans on spending but I think it fits the bill. Anyone here have one? How do you like it?
This is my first .22lr not Rimfire. I have a flawless CZ 512 American with black stained beach wood furniture. Itís a shooter. My daughter loves the thing. It convinced me to stick with CZ-USA for my next Rimfire. Iíll be getting a .17HMR barrel in the not so far future to scratch that itch as well. One great platform with multiple calibers. I was always hesitant to pickup a 455 because of the safety, 90 degree bolt throw and the trigger. Tall scope rings are terrible IMHO. The improvements to the 457 are like they asked me what I wanted in a Rimfire.

Pics and review to come...
" A Free People Ought Not Only Be Armed And Disciplined But Should Have Sufficient Arms And Ammunition To Maintain A Status Of Independence From Any Who Might Attempt To Abuse Them, Which Also Includes Their Own Government."
~George Washington~
Old 09-13-2019, 5:30 PM

I take it you didn't get it home yet or it would be a foul for not posting pictures.

That will be one beautiful rifle. Look forward to you letting us know how it shoots and how you like the stock etc.

Maggotman
Old 09-13-2019, 7:13 PM

I’ve been looking at the listing on bud’s for a wile waiting on the 20.5”. Showed up today. Pounced on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggotman View Post
I take it you didn't get it home yet or it would be a foul for not posting pictures.

That will be one beautiful rifle. Look forward to you letting us know how it shoots and how you like the stock etc.

Maggotman
Ordered. The pics, and plenty of them would be of a rifle covered in a thick coat of drool if it was in hand. This is Cali, delayed gratification state. Not sure how long till it’s in hand but I’m a wee excited.
" A Free People Ought Not Only Be Armed And Disciplined But Should Have Sufficient Arms And Ammunition To Maintain A Status Of Independence From Any Who Might Attempt To Abuse Them, Which Also Includes Their Own Government."
~George Washington~

Last edited by Dellinger; 09-13-2019 at 7:17 PM..
Old 09-13-2019, 9:21 PM
Calguns Addict

I have 455 in an MPA chassis. I have no concerns about the safety because I never use it.

Get the Area 419 30 MOA base. I have a 30MOA base and I was shooting 400 yards a few days ago and I needed 20.5 MILs to get to 400 and ran out of adjustment on the Viper PST Gen 2, Zero stopped with a 50 yard zero, .7MIL under travel, elevation topped out at 19.5 MIL. Had to hold over. Of course a scope with more elevation adjustment would help, too.

I may get an Area 419 CZ 457 elite package next year (currently in the middle of another project which will soon be published after I pick it up on Wed) just to get a 45x in a Manners stock. I like the Area 419 package which is essentially the Precision trainer retrofit the 457 with a Bartlein barrel and with the Area 419 Arca rail and bolt knob.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 09-13-2019, 9:22 PM

Great rifle. Anything CZ is nice.
Old 09-14-2019, 6:39 AM

I got one as well... I think you will love it... with a few minor tweaks it can become quite accurate.. Mine shoots as good as the Vudoos at my club for less than half the cost.

I added a Lilja Barrel, YoDave trigger spring and bolt Knob.

I observed that adjusting the headspace to the ammo you want to shoot really makes a difference in accuracy as well as gluing in the barrel . I set mine to .042" with the Lilja shims and it shoots SK and Lapua very accurately.. Once I was happy with there results, I glued the barrel in with Loctite 609

A few shots for those who want pics..

Old 09-14-2019, 6:47 AM

Also got this 25 MOA rail by Scar.. these get great review on Rimfire Central and are made by one of the members there.. nice quality and great price

https://triggersbyscar.godaddysites....ail-for-cz-457