Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

Default Lawsuit

enough is enough

someone who wants their first firearm who has no FSC tax certificate and/or has no credit card is simply barred from exercising their constitutional civil rights.

And if you already can show you already own firearms the test serves no purpose ala the second 10 day wait.

Its a top to bottom farce on all levels

When is the lawsuit being filed?
Old 01-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_lover View Post
a test ever 5 years who cares, its basic safety anyways
Wrong. Because if you got the HSC 2 years ago, and they said "a test ever 5 years who cares, its basic safety anyways" - that was a lie.

When originally they said the BFSC was FOR LIFE. Oh, but wait - that was taken away, that was a lie. And this latest is only until some other Anti-2nd Amendment legislator gets a bug up his rectum to get his name on a gun-control bill, not because he feels it's right, but it's for something to put in his campaign fliers that say he "fought gun violence" and makes it mandatory to take the test every year.

Or he authors a bill to increases the fee to help counter medical costs of gun violence. Or nullifies the hunting license being applicable instead of the FSC. Or in essence, takes the credit-card requirement one step further and requires a credit-application and good financial standing as well, to prove you are of good moral character and establishes that those who may be bankrupt or have ever filed for bankruptcy are prohibited from buying a firearm.

Yeah, "who cares" right?

Nobody. Nobody as a whole or collective group large enough cares - and that's why we are where we are. Apathetic gun owners that don't vote and don't do dick about this crap.

Just passing the time, enjoyin' the water. "Who cares" right?
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 01-03-2015, 12:32 PM

yes I possess my old hsc card, that has no expiration date but im sure no one will accept it
good for life was what I was told too

and ive had to pay for a couple hsc cards and renewed some
you can still use your old hsc card to purchase a handgun if its still vaild right now

but will need to take a test again , pay a fee to buy a long gun as of right now

and I stand by what I said
who cares

you dont need to get the new card, buying a firearm is now a right not a privilege ( I meant a privilege got it mixed up)

just like driving a vehicle is a right (meant privilege got it mixed it)
you have to have a license to do that too, just like getting married, or fishing to feed yourself

I carry alot of license's for everything I do in life
some dont cost much, some cost me alot
its just how it is, *****ing and moaning wont do you much
just accept it or dont buy anymore

edited text in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
Wrong. Because if you got the HSC 2 years ago, and they said "a test ever 5 years who cares, its basic safety anyways" - that was a lie.

When originally they said the BFSC was FOR LIFE. Oh, but wait - that was taken away, that was a lie. And this latest is only until some other Anti-2nd Amendment legislator gets a bug up his rectum to get his name on a gun-control bill, not because he feels it's right, but it's for something to put in his campaign fliers that say he "fought gun violence" and makes it mandatory to take the test every year.

Or he authors a bill to increases the fee to help counter medical costs of gun violence. Or nullifies the hunting license being applicable instead of the FSC. Or in essence, takes the credit-card requirement one step further and requires a credit-application and good financial standing as well, to prove you are of good moral character and establishes that those who may be bankrupt or have ever filed for bankruptcy are prohibited from buying a firearm.

Yeah, "who cares" right?

Nobody. Nobody as a whole or collective group large enough cares - and that's why we are where we are. Apathetic gun owners that don't vote and don't do dick about this crap.

Just passing the time, enjoyin' the water. "Who cares" right?

Last edited by Chunky_lover; 01-03-2015 at 5:20 PM..
Old 01-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Still lost in the desert
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

The new system has crashed. We are unable to issue cards, dros or deliver firearms right now.

Been down almost an hour.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condorguns View Post
The new system has crashed. We are unable to issue cards, dros or deliver firearms right now.

Been down almost an hour.
Is it safe to wait a month before buying a rifle since by the looks of it the DOJ database is crashing due to all the input being made this month?

--
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
--Winston Churchill
Old 01-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Still lost in the desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapache View Post
Is it safe to wait a month before buying a rifle since by the looks of it the DOJ database is crashing due to all the input being made this month?
*shrug* All I know is every FFL in the state right now is dead in the water. We have started turning people away for new DROS and pick ups.

Old 01-03-2015, 1:04 PM
Banned

Same here. Stopped in to grab my lower, and DROS was down or backed up.....Gotta love Khali....
Old 01-03-2015, 1:12 PM

I fully appreciate The Gleam's statements. For me, this was the last straw. For all the reasons cited. The state has no right to impose all this crap on us and I'm not playing their games anymore! Until more of us stand up and do the same, more and more of this will happen as the noose gets ever tighter around our necks.
Old 01-03-2015, 1:58 PM

I was just at an LGS, and they are having major issues with the new FSC situation. System is working insanely slow or not at all. They called their compliance person with the DOJ, and they simply answered the phone "The system is down, just keep trying." So, about normal for our state bureaucracy....

The good news is they said that they do not run a customers card to pay for the state fee, they run their own and then charge the customer.

The only thing that matters is rallying our cause to fight the enemy relentlessly, indifferent to the outcome of any particular battle
Old 01-03-2015, 2:00 PM

And the DOJ rakes in the revenue....and uses it to fund additional gun control measures
Old 01-03-2015, 2:27 PM

who cares?

It seems nobody cares. My 2 day Hunter Safety Training Program card from Jan 1975 was said to be good for life too.
The changes I have seen in the 50+ years in Ca. would make your head spin.
And folks just get more and more used to it. To the point where everything is OK.
Its like boiling a frog in water..... slowly..........
Old 01-03-2015, 2:52 PM
Veteran Member

Between a CCW license and my military ID, I don't ever have to deal with this b.s. My condolences to all that do. Welcome to the PRK.
Old 01-03-2015, 3:20 PM
Calguns Addict

So... one must now possess a credit card to exercise a Constitutional right? Sure hope that one or more smart attorneys can make something of that.
Old 01-03-2015, 3:48 PM

Obviously "they" still have not learned that creating cumbersome laws, fees, and other inane cumbrances create activities that they may not approve of.

Unfortunately politicos seldom foresee unintended consequences.

Respectfully,
Kyle

WE are the NRA.

"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on". -Joseph Heller, novelist (1 May 1923-1999)
_________+__________
Old 01-03-2015, 4:11 PM

I took the test last night and got a perfect 30 out of 30, It is all common sense stuff. I didn`t even study for it. If you already shoot a gun you already know all this stuff. It took about 15 minutes for me to take the test. I did it at turners.
Old 01-03-2015, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2 View Post
OH brother.
Soooo much you still have to learn.

Under your logic how do you expect a new to firearms person to exercise their right to keep and bear arms if they do not yet have a firearm?
you can still purchase black powder weapons through the mail, no ffl no paperwork needed

you can still purchase 80% receivers and build your own through the mail no ffl or paperwork needed

you can receive a gift from I think an immediate family member with only a mailed in form and I think $5 or something like that been a while since I did one of those

still totally possible to own firearms in 2015 in Ca legally without taking the dreaded test
Old 01-03-2015, 4:42 PM

Just got back from another LGS (and this time I actually bought something). They are not having many issues at all, other than the system being down for a couple of hours at one point.

I asked about my step son who DROSed a receiver back on the 27th and did not have to have the FSC for it. They said he still will not need it to pick up, as the time to input the certificate number is when all the info is first input via the DES.

The only thing that matters is rallying our cause to fight the enemy relentlessly, indifferent to the outcome of any particular battle
Old 01-03-2015, 5:08 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm thinking 2015 will be a year of no gun buying for me, just ammo, and that online.....will see how that works
Old 01-03-2015, 5:28 PM

yeah I see things alot differently
I can still go buy many different firearms I want still living in ca
the few I would like to have and can not get its a shame
but there is still so much out there I can live with those few restrictions

you just have to play the game thats all I choose too and I choose to use the other options I have selected also
Old 01-03-2015, 5:48 PM

"im just here enjoying the ride of life" 10 rounds at a time.

I am a bit older / grandfathered.

How do you think it will be for younger folks down the road? Say 20 yrs younger than you? Food for thought / it goes by fast.

Am lucky, my CCW takes the place of this thing. For now anyway..........
Just like my other lifetime cards used to.

Last edited by MCM; 01-03-2015 at 5:51 PM..
Old 01-03-2015, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM View Post
"im just here enjoying the ride of life" 10 rounds at a time.

I am a bit older / grandfathered.

How do you think it will be for younger folks down the road? Say 20 yrs younger than you? Food for thought / it goes by fast.

Am lucky, my CCW takes the place of this thing. For now anyway..........
Just like my other lifetime cards used to.
The privileges of your CCW and the other 'life time' HFC cards, mentioned earlier, will only last as long as our anti-gun legislature allows them to last. My cynical opinion is: not long. It's too easy for them delete 'life-time' and then we have another fight on our hands.
Old 01-03-2015, 7:24 PM

Default FSC Printout??

So I took my FSC test today and they just printed it out on a piece of paper. Is that normal (vs. the cutout HSC cards)?
Old 01-03-2015, 7:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

At the risk of getting back on topic ......

I got my FSC at Sportsmens in Campbell and paid in cash. The store uses their own dedicated credit card and enters that number on the CA DOJ site. Rather creative fix to the "must use credit card" problem.
Old 01-03-2015, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
At the risk of getting back on topic ......

I got my FSC at Sportsmens in Campbell and paid in cash. The store uses their own dedicated credit card and enters that number on the CA DOJ site. Rather creative fix to the "must use credit card" problem.
Did they just print out your FSC on a piece of regular paper? I got mine at Kerleys today, seemed out to have it printed out...
Old 01-03-2015, 7:49 PM

Regarding the credit card requirement:
Doesn't that violate legal tender currency laws?
Old 01-03-2015, 7:52 PM

Wouldn't an ATM card work for the credit card issue? Who doesn't have one of those? Not saying I like it but I'm surprised no one has mentioned that.
Old 01-03-2015, 8:00 PM
Still lost in the desert

There is some confusion over the credit card issue. Some of us FFL'S are using our own cards time input into the FSC system. Others have chosen to input the customers cards.
Old 01-03-2015, 8:01 PM
Still lost in the desert

Yes, that is the new card.
Old 01-03-2015, 8:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default FIREARM SAFETY CERTIFICATE

Today I went to the gun store to take delivery on a Colt carbine I purchased last year. To my surprise, I was informed that I COULD NOT receive the firearm until I was issued a "new" FSC card that is now required to purchase long guns. My HSC ( handgun safety certificate) that I have and expires in 2018, is not valid for long guns. I paid the $25.00 fee, took the test and discovered that there are NO questions relating to long guns. This test is a JOKE!, here are the questions:

Last edited by drdanno84; 08-30-2016 at 1:11 PM..
Old 01-03-2015, 8:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

this just happened to me today. i was like wtf!!!! i just renewed last february. we don't even have to show hsc card on pickup and dros already passed!

stupid commiefornia! took $25 from me early. i was going to renew since i want a over/under but i wasn't planning to until later in the year.

Last edited by high_revs; 01-03-2015 at 8:08 PM..
Old 01-03-2015, 8:17 PM
Veteran Member

That test looks exactly the same as the handgun test I took...why couldn't they at least make it so if you already had the hsc you wouldn't have to take this?
Old 01-03-2015, 8:20 PM
Veteran Member

You guys remember when the HSC (or was it BFSC?) first became law?

"Take it once, it's good for life"

(Until we replace it in a few years)
Old 01-03-2015, 8:23 PM
Veteran Member

They did change one question.

Yes, it still sucks.
"It wasn't a failure of laws," said Amanda Wilcox, who along with her husband, Nick, lobbies for the California chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "I just don't see how our gun laws could have stopped something like that."
-Speaking about the Oikos mass shooting in Oakland.

Quote:
With an assault weapon you just hold the trigger back and it goes blup,blup,blup
-Michael Bloomberg confused about the difference between a machine gun and a rifle, ABC News Nightline 12/21/12
Old 01-03-2015, 8:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
You guys remember when the HSC (or was it BFSC?) first became law?

"Take it once, it's good for life"

(Until we replace it in a few years)
Yup, that was short lived.

I got my BFSC at B&B Sales when they were in North Hollywood, nearly two decades ago. It's been worthless for YEARS.

Gun-Control: "A theory like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

The 2nd Amendment Explained
Old 01-03-2015, 8:36 PM

I was at Turners today...just browsing. I was informed that the HSC card that I have is only applicable for handguns. If I wanted a rifle/shotgun, then the new FSC card will be needed and will also be applicable for handgun purchase.

"Comparison is the thief of joy" T. Roosevelt

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." J.Cooper
Old 01-03-2015, 8:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

FSC

Thank you

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 01-03-2015, 8:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangzoom View Post
But.....Its for the children
^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

I passed mine today. Who thought this test up anyways.
Old 01-03-2015, 9:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echopapa View Post
Did they just print out your FSC on a piece of regular paper? I got mine at Kerleys today, seemed out to have it printed out...
As is my usual luck with anything involving computers, the system crashed about 2 minutes after I took the test. I paid anyway, after I left they called & said the system had come back up, my info entered, card printed & waiting at the store. Haven't picked it up yet though.
Old 01-03-2015, 9:08 PM
Veteran Member

Photocopy it, scan it so you have a digital copy, and then laminate it. That'll keep it in good shape for the next 5 years when you use it often.
Old 01-03-2015, 9:09 PM

Ok cool thanks - just wanted to check!