Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > Guns & Money
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Guns & Money Discussion Re: Pro/Anti 2A Org's 990's & Finances

Old 06-28-2019, 7:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Other pro gun orgs to look at

Hello,

I was challenged by a friend to join "any pro gun liberal group" he could find.

And in exchange for him joining the NRA and donating to Calguns, I ended up joining The Liberal Gun Club and Armed Equality. The latter is not liberal, but libertarian. I joined a few others but stopped giving them any money because they were too out there (Redneck Revolt and something like Pink Pistols or something). I still gladly give to the others along side CG, NRA, GOA and others.

Anyway, I've found both groups full of good folks to shoot with, as long as we dont stray too far from guns as a topic of discussion.

Can we add them to the 990/finance info? They both oppose any regulation it seems. Which is great.

Glad to see this area.
Old 07-01-2019, 9:04 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Pink Pistols isn't "out there". They're a legit gun rights group. You and I might not fit in with the niche they cover, but you gotta give credit to a group that is trying to spread 2a support among a community that typically leans towards VERY anti-2a politicians. The more voters we can swing our direction, the better. Pink Pistols does a good job of that, I think.
Old 07-02-2019, 8:44 AM

The best Amendment II outfit: THE JOHN BIRCH SOCIETY!!!
Old 07-02-2019, 11:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Pink Pistols isn't "out there". They're a legit gun rights group. You and I might not fit in with the niche they cover, but you gotta give credit to a group that is trying to spread 2a support among a community that typically leans towards VERY anti-2a politicians. The more voters we can swing our direction, the better. Pink Pistols does a good job of that, I think.
I just meant for me. I happily gave them money when challenged. I'd consider them pro 2A and such, just not my scene or choice to continue sending money to them. Redneck Revolt was another one I stopped giving money to.

still am a member of armed equality. Also the liberal gun club, since I'm in the freaking bay area, its connected me with a lot of shooters. I consider them "good guys" too. They all do good work on outreach for sure. I actually like thier forum most of the time.

Anything that is pro 2A has redeeming qualities to me for sure.

M
Old 07-16-2019, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kronstadt View Post
I just meant for me. I happily gave them money when challenged. I'd consider them pro 2A and such, just not my scene or choice to continue sending money to them. Redneck Revolt was another one I stopped giving money to.

still am a member of armed equality. Also the liberal gun club, since I'm in the freaking bay area, its connected me with a lot of shooters. I consider them "good guys" too. They all do good work on outreach for sure. I actually like thier forum most of the time.

Anything that is pro 2A has redeeming qualities to me for sure.

M
People who vote democrat can never be "good guys"in my opinion... they are aiding and abetting the very politicians, policies and people who are destroying the rule of law and personal responsibility in the state and the country. They are the problem..and it's time to choose sides before the country is destroyed from within.

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 07-18-2019 at 9:42 AM..
Old 07-18-2019, 5:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I guess we just disagree. I don't care for most of the policy of either party. If I have to choose sides it sure wouldn't be liberals. But if the only other choice is the gop, I'd rather have neither. I'd rather see the whole thing fail than side with either of those babies.
Old 07-18-2019, 9:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I guess we just disagree. I don't care for most of the policy of either party. If I have to choose sides it sure wouldn't be liberals. But if the only other choice is the gop, I'd rather have neither. I'd rather see the whole thing fail than side with either of those babies.
We can agree to disagree.The problem is it to pick no side is to choose the progressive liberal side because that is the default side given the population trends the media bias and the control of the court system. Without a doubt it's picking the lesser of two evils and in my opinion the GOP is far far far less evil then the only alternative.

You can choose to be intellectually pure and vote third-party but you're not being realistic and in the end you're supporting the destruction of the country.

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 07-18-2019 at 9:41 AM..
Old 07-18-2019, 11:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

That is one way to look at it.

There is no pure, but I never (rarely, I should say) have seen a Republican or Democratic candidate that I feel comfortable voting into federal level offices. So I don't...i vote third parties often for federal elections.

If that mentality brings us down, then fine, but I hope it's the same mentality that rebuilds us. Because we could stand to rebuild without parties. Especially the current two.

I mean, holy ****, 2016, Hillary or Trump? Who can vote for either of them and live - being unable to wash the stink from their hands?

For local and state elections, I do vote for both parties and it mostly breaks down to 60/40 R/D in offices where its known. And I pick according to many criteria, including 2A, jobs, regulations, 1A support, working class background, and so on. I don't consider that destruction. I consider that picking the best for the job.

Now, though we're agreeing to disagree on that outlook, to get back on thread topic; I find groups like LGC or Armed Equality to be doing great work and I'd lump them with the GOA or NRA any day. They are pushing for gun rights, especially to the ignorant. I dont even think both groups are Democrats entirely either. Even if they were, theyd still be good pro-2A and pro-gun orgs worth lauding in some ways.

With that said, stop making me defend liberals. It's making me sick.
Old 07-18-2019, 3:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
T
Now, though we're agreeing to disagree on that outlook, to get back on thread topic; I find groups like LGC or Armed Equality to be doing great work and I'd lump them with the GOA or NRA any day. They are pushing for gun rights, especially to the ignorant. I dont even think both groups are Democrats entirely either. Even if they were, theyd still be good pro-2A and pro-gun orgs worth lauding in some ways.

With that said, stop making me defend liberals. It's making me sick.
Im not a fan of GOA. Every time they claim to have a major legal victory, its for simply filing an amicus brief in ligation paid for and managed by NRA/CRPA or SAF. Other than that they are pretty much useless to the RTKBA and their outspoken extreme positions give ammunition to our opponents.
Old 07-19-2019, 6:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Im not a fan of GOA. Every time they claim to have a major legal victory, its for simply filing an amicus brief in ligation paid for and managed by NRA/CRPA or SAF. Other than that they are pretty much useless to the RTKBA and their outspoken extreme positions give ammunition to our opponents.
None are perfect. But that is really true about GOA. I like that they are there to file those briefs though, however disingenuous it is to claim victory. It takes all kinds. But in the spirit of the following the money, I'd love to learn how all of the mentioned groups spend money.

Respectfully,

M
Old 07-21-2019, 7:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
None are perfect. But that is really true about GOA. I like that they are there to file those briefs though, however disingenuous it is to claim victory. It takes all kinds. But in the spirit of the following the money, I'd love to learn how all of the mentioned groups spend money.

Respectfully,

M
ANYONE can file an amicus brief.. you or I could if we wanted to... GOA is nothing but a mouthpiece for blowhards. They are the equivalent of the fake LEO and Military widows and orphans "charities" that prey on the aged, unsophisticated and uninformed.
Old 07-21-2019, 9:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I like that the blowhards exist in the 2A community. It is not my crowd, but I do value thier voice in the debate.

Point taken on the brief filing though.

I hate those calls, too btw. I always answer the same "the last I heard police have strong unions who help ensure they get great benefits, retirement, disability and much more, mostly on my tax dollars, so no, you cannot 'put me down' for a donation!"
Old 07-22-2019, 8:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I hate those calls, too btw. I always answer the same "the last I heard police have strong unions who help ensure they get great benefits, retirement, disability and much more, mostly on my tax dollars, so no, you cannot 'put me down' for a donation!"
I truly despise them and wish great bodily injury on all involved with fake charities. Those people prey on veterans and law abiding people who have a lot of respect and thanks to our military and LEO's. My 87 yo father just passed in February and I am still trying to deal with all the mail and calls to the house from all the scams he fell for and sent money he shouldn't have, thinking he was doing a good thing.

In my opinion, GOA almost falls under this same category.. they take in a lot of money and don't spend it in the actual fight, instead they just make their megaphone bigger.. promoting activities that are ineffective but good for a sound bite.
Old 07-22-2019, 5:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
I truly despise them and wish great bodily injury on all involved with fake charities. Those people prey on veterans and law abiding people who have a lot of respect and thanks to our military and LEO's. My 87 yo father just passed in February and I am still trying to deal with all the mail and calls to the house from all the scams he fell for and sent money he shouldn't have, thinking he was doing a good thing.

In my opinion, GOA almost falls under this same category.. they take in a lot of money and don't spend it in the actual fight, instead they just make their megaphone bigger.. promoting activities that are ineffective but good for a sound bite.
I get promotion to a certain extent. But I would love to see thier 990 or whatever form they file to see how the donations break down.

We are in total agreement on the fake charities. Gets my blood boiling.
Old 07-28-2019, 9:38 PM
Veteran Member

2nd Amendment Foundation.
Old 07-29-2019, 8:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Red face

NRA is as "liberal" as I get...
Old 07-29-2019, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
NRA is as "liberal" as I get...
Well said!
Old 07-31-2019, 6:19 AM

Join JPFO. On Page 1 of Google’s [hack...spit] rankings is an article “7 Gun Groups That Make the NRA Look Reasonable.” You get the benefit of standing with Jews against racism and violence.