Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > Guns & Money
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Guns & Money Discussion Re: Pro/Anti 2A Org's 990's & Finances

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-28-2019, 7:57 PM
General Kronstadt's Avatar
General Kronstadt General Kronstadt is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Contra Costa and Placer Counties
Posts: 345
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default Other pro gun orgs to look at

Hello,

I was challenged by a friend to join "any pro gun liberal group" he could find.

And in exchange for him joining the NRA and donating to Calguns, I ended up joining The Liberal Gun Club and Armed Equality. The latter is not liberal, but libertarian. I joined a few others but stopped giving them any money because they were too out there (Redneck Revolt and something like Pink Pistols or something). I still gladly give to the others along side CG, NRA, GOA and others.

Anyway, I've found both groups full of good folks to shoot with, as long as we dont stray too far from guns as a topic of discussion.

Can we add them to the 990/finance info? They both oppose any regulation it seems. Which is great.

Glad to see this area.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-01-2019, 9:04 PM
cockedandglocked's Avatar
cockedandglocked cockedandglocked is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Near Excremento
Posts: 15,697
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Pink Pistols isn't "out there". They're a legit gun rights group. You and I might not fit in with the niche they cover, but you gotta give credit to a group that is trying to spread 2a support among a community that typically leans towards VERY anti-2a politicians. The more voters we can swing our direction, the better. Pink Pistols does a good job of that, I think.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-02-2019, 8:44 AM
EMP3 EMP3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 336
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The best Amendment II outfit: THE JOHN BIRCH SOCIETY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-02-2019, 11:32 PM
General Kronstadt's Avatar
General Kronstadt General Kronstadt is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Contra Costa and Placer Counties
Posts: 345
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Pink Pistols isn't "out there". They're a legit gun rights group. You and I might not fit in with the niche they cover, but you gotta give credit to a group that is trying to spread 2a support among a community that typically leans towards VERY anti-2a politicians. The more voters we can swing our direction, the better. Pink Pistols does a good job of that, I think.
I just meant for me. I happily gave them money when challenged. I'd consider them pro 2A and such, just not my scene or choice to continue sending money to them. Redneck Revolt was another one I stopped giving money to.

still am a member of armed equality. Also the liberal gun club, since I'm in the freaking bay area, its connected me with a lot of shooters. I consider them "good guys" too. They all do good work on outreach for sure. I actually like thier forum most of the time.

Anything that is pro 2A has redeeming qualities to me for sure.

M
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-16-2019, 10:30 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,613
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kronstadt View Post
I just meant for me. I happily gave them money when challenged. I'd consider them pro 2A and such, just not my scene or choice to continue sending money to them. Redneck Revolt was another one I stopped giving money to.

still am a member of armed equality. Also the liberal gun club, since I'm in the freaking bay area, its connected me with a lot of shooters. I consider them "good guys" too. They all do good work on outreach for sure. I actually like thier forum most of the time.

Anything that is pro 2A has redeeming qualities to me for sure.

M
People who vote democrat can never be "good guys"in my opinion... they are aiding and abetting the very politicians, policies and people who are destroying the rule of law and personal responsibility in the state and the country. They are the problem..and it's time to choose sides before the country is destroyed from within.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 07-18-2019 at 9:42 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-18-2019, 5:37 AM
General Kronstadt's Avatar
General Kronstadt General Kronstadt is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Contra Costa and Placer Counties
Posts: 345
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I guess we just disagree. I don't care for most of the policy of either party. If I have to choose sides it sure wouldn't be liberals. But if the only other choice is the gop, I'd rather have neither. I'd rather see the whole thing fail than side with either of those babies.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-18-2019, 9:15 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,613
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kronstadt View Post
I guess we just disagree. I don't care for most of the policy of either party. If I have to choose sides it sure wouldn't be liberals. But if the only other choice is the gop, I'd rather have neither. I'd rather see the whole thing fail than side with either of those babies.
We can agree to disagree.The problem is it to pick no side is to choose the progressive liberal side because that is the default side given the population trends the media bias and the control of the court system. Without a doubt it's picking the lesser of two evils and in my opinion the GOP is far far far less evil then the only alternative.

You can choose to be intellectually pure and vote third-party but you're not being realistic and in the end you're supporting the destruction of the country.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 07-18-2019 at 9:41 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-18-2019, 11:23 AM
General Kronstadt's Avatar
General Kronstadt General Kronstadt is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Contra Costa and Placer Counties
Posts: 345
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

That is one way to look at it.

There is no pure, but I never (rarely, I should say) have seen a Republican or Democratic candidate that I feel comfortable voting into federal level offices. So I don't...i vote third parties often for federal elections.

If that mentality brings us down, then fine, but I hope it's the same mentality that rebuilds us. Because we could stand to rebuild without parties. Especially the current two.

I mean, holy ****, 2016, Hillary or Trump? Who can vote for either of them and live - being unable to wash the stink from their hands?

For local and state elections, I do vote for both parties and it mostly breaks down to 60/40 R/D in offices where its known. And I pick according to many criteria, including 2A, jobs, regulations, 1A support, working class background, and so on. I don't consider that destruction. I consider that picking the best for the job.

Now, though we're agreeing to disagree on that outlook, to get back on thread topic; I find groups like LGC or Armed Equality to be doing great work and I'd lump them with the GOA or NRA any day. They are pushing for gun rights, especially to the ignorant. I dont even think both groups are Democrats entirely either. Even if they were, theyd still be good pro-2A and pro-gun orgs worth lauding in some ways.

With that said, stop making me defend liberals. It's making me sick.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-18-2019, 3:00 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,613
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kronstadt View Post
T
Now, though we're agreeing to disagree on that outlook, to get back on thread topic; I find groups like LGC or Armed Equality to be doing great work and I'd lump them with the GOA or NRA any day. They are pushing for gun rights, especially to the ignorant. I dont even think both groups are Democrats entirely either. Even if they were, theyd still be good pro-2A and pro-gun orgs worth lauding in some ways.

With that said, stop making me defend liberals. It's making me sick.
Im not a fan of GOA. Every time they claim to have a major legal victory, its for simply filing an amicus brief in ligation paid for and managed by NRA/CRPA or SAF. Other than that they are pretty much useless to the RTKBA and their outspoken extreme positions give ammunition to our opponents.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-19-2019, 6:03 PM
General Kronstadt's Avatar
General Kronstadt General Kronstadt is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Contra Costa and Placer Counties
Posts: 345
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Im not a fan of GOA. Every time they claim to have a major legal victory, its for simply filing an amicus brief in ligation paid for and managed by NRA/CRPA or SAF. Other than that they are pretty much useless to the RTKBA and their outspoken extreme positions give ammunition to our opponents.
None are perfect. But that is really true about GOA. I like that they are there to file those briefs though, however disingenuous it is to claim victory. It takes all kinds. But in the spirit of the following the money, I'd love to learn how all of the mentioned groups spend money.

Respectfully,

M
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-21-2019, 7:02 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,613
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kronstadt View Post
None are perfect. But that is really true about GOA. I like that they are there to file those briefs though, however disingenuous it is to claim victory. It takes all kinds. But in the spirit of the following the money, I'd love to learn how all of the mentioned groups spend money.

Respectfully,

M
ANYONE can file an amicus brief.. you or I could if we wanted to... GOA is nothing but a mouthpiece for blowhards. They are the equivalent of the fake LEO and Military widows and orphans "charities" that prey on the aged, unsophisticated and uninformed.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-21-2019, 9:14 PM
General Kronstadt's Avatar
General Kronstadt General Kronstadt is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Contra Costa and Placer Counties
Posts: 345
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I like that the blowhards exist in the 2A community. It is not my crowd, but I do value thier voice in the debate.

Point taken on the brief filing though.

I hate those calls, too btw. I always answer the same "the last I heard police have strong unions who help ensure they get great benefits, retirement, disability and much more, mostly on my tax dollars, so no, you cannot 'put me down' for a donation!"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-22-2019, 8:18 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,613
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kronstadt View Post
I hate those calls, too btw. I always answer the same "the last I heard police have strong unions who help ensure they get great benefits, retirement, disability and much more, mostly on my tax dollars, so no, you cannot 'put me down' for a donation!"
I truly despise them and wish great bodily injury on all involved with fake charities. Those people prey on veterans and law abiding people who have a lot of respect and thanks to our military and LEO's. My 87 yo father just passed in February and I am still trying to deal with all the mail and calls to the house from all the scams he fell for and sent money he shouldn't have, thinking he was doing a good thing.

In my opinion, GOA almost falls under this same category.. they take in a lot of money and don't spend it in the actual fight, instead they just make their megaphone bigger.. promoting activities that are ineffective but good for a sound bite.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-22-2019, 5:55 PM
General Kronstadt's Avatar
General Kronstadt General Kronstadt is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Contra Costa and Placer Counties
Posts: 345
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
I truly despise them and wish great bodily injury on all involved with fake charities. Those people prey on veterans and law abiding people who have a lot of respect and thanks to our military and LEO's. My 87 yo father just passed in February and I am still trying to deal with all the mail and calls to the house from all the scams he fell for and sent money he shouldn't have, thinking he was doing a good thing.

In my opinion, GOA almost falls under this same category.. they take in a lot of money and don't spend it in the actual fight, instead they just make their megaphone bigger.. promoting activities that are ineffective but good for a sound bite.
I get promotion to a certain extent. But I would love to see thier 990 or whatever form they file to see how the donations break down.

We are in total agreement on the fake charities. Gets my blood boiling.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-28-2019, 9:38 PM
dchang0's Avatar
dchang0 dchang0 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,718
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

2nd Amendment Foundation.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-29-2019, 8:05 AM
The War Wagon's Avatar
The War Wagon The War Wagon is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: da' 'BURGH
Posts: 5,768
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Red face

NRA is as "liberal" as I get...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-29-2019, 10:14 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,613
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
NRA is as "liberal" as I get...
Well said!
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-31-2019, 6:19 AM
pratchett pratchett is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 397
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Join JPFO. On Page 1 of Google’s [hack...spit] rankings is an article “7 Gun Groups That Make the NRA Look Reasonable.” You get the benefit of standing with Jews against racism and violence.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:21 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.