Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > High Desert Competitive Shooting Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2011, 8:00 AM

Default Welcome

Hey High Desert!

We're glad to see you guys represented, as well as BRRC in the forums.

I for one can't wait to see you guys for the HD Regionals at 29 Palms later in the year.

Good luck,

John Hermsen, President
SMGC
Old 03-31-2011, 7:40 PM

Thank you Mr. Hermsen! I understand the program for the Regional will be posted as soon as it can be whittled down to a size that can be posted.
Old 04-24-2011, 5:51 PM

?, high desert competetive shooting,3 gun,rifle,ect,would like to know
Old 05-08-2011, 3:36 PM

long range 500+,wheel gun's,looking to make more shooting contact's,no attitudes ,just trying to get as good as i can and have a good time doing it .
Old 05-10-2011, 7:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Where do you shoot?
Old 06-24-2011, 5:28 PM

+1 on that where do you shoot? In the HD?
Old 07-08-2011, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewbrian316 View Post
+1 on that where do you shoot? In the HD?
Plus 2. Where do you shoot.........

"Never leave your Cave without your Club……."

Old 08-10-2011, 8:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdrbrn View Post
?, high desert competetive shooting,3 gun,rifle,ect,would like to know
Unless something has changed recently, the Club is only active once a year during the NRA Regional held on the 29 Palms Marine Base.

Back when I was the Vice-President of the Club we tried to stay active year round and held monthly pistol matches but that ended when the then President (a Marine) got orders.
Old 08-27-2011, 7:34 PM

I was a Marksmanship Instructor stationed at the Rifle Range during the 2009 Regional. I wish I had the time and lived in an area where I could do some long distance shooting. When I was stationed at MCAGCC, I did a lot of shooting off of Indian Trail Rd. When Indian Trail meets Lear continue down the dirt road until it basically ends. There is a hill top, and at the base of the hill there is a huge rock with a bunch of stuff that has been shot to hell. If the wind isn't acting up, you can shoot 500 yards plus, but you have to watch out for the occasional off road vehicle. If my memory serves me correctly, the guy that owns Donnell's Shooting Supply was planning on opening a range in 29, but I don't know if it actually happened.

Last edited by desertrat0331; 08-27-2011 at 7:38 PM..
Old 10-08-2011, 7:13 PM

[QUOTE=Steve_In_29;6935383]Unless something has changed recently, the Club is only active once a year during the NRA Regional held on the 29 Palms Marine Base.[QUOTE]
You are correct this tread has to do with a once a year Regional that has been held there for the last 52 years at the known distance range (200, 300, 600, & 1,000 yards). Please see the attached for more info:
Attached Files
File Type: doc 2011_29-Palms_Reg_Brochure 9 pages.doc (76.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Yankee Clipper; 10-08-2011 at 7:16 PM..
Old 02-26-2012, 5:52 PM
Banned

The area you are referring to is Giant Rock and I believe shooting has been restricted there now.

Donnel, after almost getting the long standing 29 Palms Pistol & Rifle Club shut down by his attempt to make personnal profit on the non-profit range's property, did for a short period operate his own illegally constructed range. The City shut him down after neighbors complained.

For anyone that wants to shoot in the 29 Palms area the aforementioned 29 Palms Pistol & Rifle Club is a screaming deal. $50 gets a year's membership and there are no per-use fees. I have actually met members that drive up from Orange County to use the range due to the low cost.

We have a covered firing bench on the pistol side, with target holders at 7, 10, 25 & 50 yards. The main rifle line has concrete shooting benches under a shade structure, with target holders at 50, 100, 200, 300 & 400 yards. There are fingers at varying distances out to 500 yards. A secondary line has targets out at IIRC 1000 yards.

We also have an active Cowboy Town and skeet range

There is a range house with toilet facilities, though you need to double check the water prior to use since it is supplied from a tank and can run dry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrat0331 View Post
I was a Marksmanship Instructor stationed at the Rifle Range during the 2009 Regional. I wish I had the time and lived in an area where I could do some long distance shooting. When I was stationed at MCAGCC, I did a lot of shooting off of Indian Trail Rd. When Indian Trail meets Lear continue down the dirt road until it basically ends. There is a hill top, and at the base of the hill there is a huge rock with a bunch of stuff that has been shot to hell. If the wind isn't acting up, you can shoot 500 yards plus, but you have to watch out for the occasional off road vehicle. If my memory serves me correctly, the guy that owns Donnell's Shooting Supply was planning on opening a range in 29, but I don't know if it actually happened.
Old 03-07-2012, 8:02 PM

Does everyone have to be a member to shoot? or just one in the party?
Old 03-21-2012, 7:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPAKMAN View Post
Does everyone have to be a member to shoot? or just one in the party?
Members are allowed to bring guests. Though if you are a guest on a regular basis, just pony up the $50 and join. Memberships run from 1 Sept to 31 Aug with the price dropping to $25 as of 1 Mar each year. No matter when you join, come the next Sept you will be up for renewal.

Here is the link to the membership application http://vote29.com/gunclub/