Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 12-12-2016, 6:18 PM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Mike Dalton is retiring... (ISI Shootists, Piru, CA)

The infamous Practical Pistol, Steel Shooter, and Match Director known as Mike Dalton is finally hanging up the towel, and ISI Shootists is retiring with him. The last ISI IDPA Match ever will be held on Saturday, December 24, 2016 (Christmas Eve), and they'll be giving away 3 pistols.

Come one, come all, let's make it a final match to remember, and thank Mike for his years of sacrifice to the Practical and Steel Shooting Community!

We'll miss you Mike, and it won't be the same without you...

Last edited by RoundEye; 12-12-2016 at 6:21 PM..
Old 12-12-2016, 8:02 PM

Bummer, I really enjoyed shooting this match the one time I got to.
Old 12-13-2016, 4:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Total F'n bummer. I loved the IDPA matches here. Drove all the way from Norcal to attend.
Old 12-13-2016, 4:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Posted on the ISI page

Quote:
RANGE CLOSURE NOTICE (posted12/7/2016)
Hi Everyone,

Due to loosing the lease on our range, it is with tremendous regret that we are forced to cancel the 2017 Briley WCSC.

Jim and Mike would like to express their most heartfelt thanks to all of the match staff, sponsors, competitors, and friends who have made the past 6 editions of the Briley WCSC the fun, family oriented event that its been, and one which put a smile on everyones face. May you always shoot straight, fast and safely.
_____

We will be hosting our last three ISI Shootists matches this month (DEC 2016). The Compact/Revolver this Saturday, ZEV Speedgun on the 17th where we will award the Custom Zev Glock pistol valued at over $2000, and the farewell IDPA match on December 24th where we will award three guns from Turner’s Outdoorsman and a Glock pistol from ISI. One gun you will not need to be present to win but the other three will be awarded to lucky folks in attendance.

The Match Results for these last 3 matches will be posted 12/29/2016.

This closure is sudden and is due to litigation that ended in the termination of our long term property lease last Friday. The required new lease has conditions that are unacceptable to us and with all things considered, it is time for retirement.

I was planning on retiring within a few years anyway as the work load and responsibilities have been tougher to bear as I have gotten older. This new development has just moved up my time table.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the remaining matches. I want to thank each and every one of you for all of your support of our program over the years.

The action shooting sports are alive and well and have a bright future, so keep on shooting.

Take care and God Bless,
Mike, Marilyn and Steve
Old 12-19-2016, 4:29 AM

Mike helped my wife and I get started in Steel Challenge/WCS. We drove 4+ hours every month for the monthly WCS match and the "big match" he and his team put on every year was wonderful. Just imagine a lowly scrub being able to win a gun off a $160K random draw prize table. I shot one IDPA match down there with 70 shooters; Mike's ad hoc "show up and shoot" approach to squading was really a benefit to those in the far flung SoCal area. If that final IDPA match were any day but the 24th I'd be making the drive to bid a fond farewell to ISI Shootists.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member

Always enjoyed talking to Mike. He's a shooting legend but always had time to chat with the common folk. Hope to continue seeing him at the local ranges.
Old 12-21-2016, 1:12 PM

So now there is no place to shoot IDPA anywhere near ventura county?
Old 12-21-2016, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyXbones View Post
Unfortunately not. But there are still plenty of matches to shoot in the Piru canyon. Deadwood Boys hosts 3 pistol matches, a rifle match, and a 3 gun match every month.
Old 12-22-2016, 4:01 PM
CGSSA Director

The last ISI Match ever will be taking place this Saturday (12/24), and they'll be giving away 4 guns (3 you must be present to win), so let's make it a good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyXbones View Post
The closest would be the 1800 Club in Santa Clarita, but they're limited to only 40 competitors or so. The next closest would be Prado, and Leif puts on a great 8 stage match if you can make a day of it.
Old 12-24-2016, 6:01 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

What?!?

And I just got to know of the ISI IDPA Clinic, and just about getting into the sport...

_

WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U
Old 12-26-2016, 9:48 AM
CGSSA Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodralig View Post
What?!?

And I just got to know of the ISI IDPA Clinic, and just about getting into the sport...

_
Yea, it was a sad day indeed. However, it looks like there is a new IDPA club in the making (see attachment)... The attached flyers were being handed out on Saturday at the match.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0AF1232E-9FDD-4FE3-B27E-525408368F01.jpg (99.6 KB, 80 views)
Old 12-27-2016, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
Yea, it was a sad day indeed. However, it looks like there is a new IDPA club in the making (see attachment)... The attached flyers were being handed out on Saturday at the match.
I sent them an email but I haven't gotten any response from them yet. I'm glad someone will be carrying the torch!
Old 12-27-2016, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
Thanks for posting the flyer. I forgot to get one Saturday. Going to get on the list now.