Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2010, 4:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Ideas for Outreach Events, Campaigns and Initiatives

This is the thread in which to share and discuss ideas for outreach events, campaigns and initiatives in your area.

Calgunners, how can we best support RKBA and the gun culture, shooting activities and promote the Calguns community in your neighborhoods, cities and counties?

You have the floor.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-31-2010, 6:54 PM

How about an Appleseed shoot for calgunners on the Central coast.
Old 01-31-2010, 6:58 PM
Calguns Addict

That's an outstanding idea.

PM me with location/date/detail spitballs and let's make it happen!

Feel free to add it to the SCCC Social Group page...
Old 02-11-2010, 2:33 PM

hey guys,

I didn't know where else to post this.

Would it be too complicated to set up a small hunting trip?

See, the idea is more for CG bonding and networking ofcourse, BUT, (allow my story to explain some of it)

After I took my hunter safety course, I passed with over a 90/100 which qualified me for a free-pheasant shoot. Well, we went out to Quial Lake near Pyramid lake, and the F&G were there as well as Quil Unlimited which was sponsoring the event. It was more for first time hunters, but we went since we've never shot pheasant before. They make you shoot two skeet to see if you can unload and load a shell after or before you have fired, then they take you through some steps of the terrain. THEN you got out to hunt with a hunting dog provided... (I got only 1 )

The purpose of the story was to see if CG can host hunting galla's, or maybe even a SKEET competition, which will draw Hunters/non-hunters/professionals/gun enthusiasts....We can make an Annual CG Shooting event out of it...

Can anyone see where I am going here?
Old 02-11-2010, 3:47 PM
CGSSA Associate

Thats a pretty rad idea. I'm no hunter though id be interested in learning. I think a small skeet event would be pretty nifty.

What if we organized it as a loose league of sorts and offered a "regional competition" - winner gets like some small gift certificate to one of our sponsors and bragging rights.

This could start per range ( maybe have age / skill brackets ? ) and culminate with a "south coast regional" match were the winners from the local ranges compete.

2 thoughts tho :

1: Safety. It would have to be done in such a way that any injury or whatever is not our (be it "mine" individually or "calguns" as a promoter / organizer )

2: Entry fees - this is the easier of the two. Entry fees would simply goto BLM range clean up events and cover entry cost ( clays , water - etc )

neat idea T.C !
Old 02-11-2010, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
2: Entry fees - this is the easier of the two. Entry fees would simply goto BLM range clean up events and cover entry cost ( clays , water - etc )

neat idea T.C !
I Like that!!

That's some good PR. Host a Shooting Competition and use the money to fund National Parks...that would open up some doors for outdoor enthusiasts as well.

you're right, safety is number one.

I think perhaps I should check out some shooting events around Cali.
Every Shooter will be required to sign a accident waiver, bring required gear ( shooting glasses, ear-plugs, etc.)
----Almost like a range-overseer: "Keep your firearms on the table and the ammunition next to it, with the magazine/chamber open." Do the check...
----If it's done at a range, then we set up a booth in the parking lot, and sign-ups are two times. the 11:00 am competition, then the 3:00 pm competition, then the champion of both compete for the large prize...plus this way whoever sees the competition get interested and sign up with CG to see when the next one is....
----CG members, certified ofcourse walking around with their own sidearms, as security...although this is questionable.

And you got a great idea with the Goody-Bags. I'm quite sure if this comes to fruition, Tactical Trinkets will sponsor goodies for the goodybags! Along with CG gear!

Keep adding idea's ya'll!
Old 02-11-2010, 7:08 PM
Calguns Addict

TC-

Contact Jacques about coordinating an Appleseed shoot. There are lots of details there to comb through. But the infrastructure already exists which is a huge advantage. He and I spoke on this briefly and is eager to help.

w/r/t the hunting trips. I think that's a great idea, but falls more into the informal unofficial event pile. My first impression is that anything more than that *at this point* will be a nightmare for the current leadership team to organize. I think it best to have individual community members offer open spots on their own hunting trips if available.

But don't get me wrong, if anybody here wants to take on the investment in time and mental bandwidth to start the efforts toward formalizing and then dedicating the time to facilitate these as ongoing 'Calguns Community' events....i'm very open to that offer and I will support your management of that project so that it falls inline with our overall agenda.

Send me a PM....
Old 03-25-2010, 8:41 PM

Here are a couple links to the SLOSA IDPA:
Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=103446576361190

Website: http://www.slosa.org/index.php?optio...id=6&Itemid=10

There are a few of us that shoot there regularly. Feel free to join the facebook group or just come shoot!

Red Nose Cardholder #1
Old 05-23-2010, 8:32 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

I would really like to start bringing a training company up to SLOSA to start training the public. The Hogue range has 9 shooting lanes and always has at least 1 weekend day per month open. With 9 lanes available, we could have training ranging from public outreach for basic firearms safety, to defensive handgun, to advanced tactical combat handgun. SLOSA could put on a Tri-tip bbq lunch for a noon lunch & fundraiser for the range. I would really like to see our culture become accepted and embraced throughout SLO county. I just don't know any decision makers at SLOSA to start working with to get the ball rolling. Feel free to reply or PM me with ideas and suggestions. Let's make this happen.