Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 10:07 AM

Turner's is a chain store and I would expect the staff to he hit and miss. I have had great experiences with the staff at Turner's. The take a number system is good so people don't have to get pushy to get service. If you want the mom and pop experience goto that type of store. I usually know what I want going there so the customer service I expect is to get the paperwork done and get out as fast as possible.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:09 AM

I just went into Oxnard start jail on a 10/22 take down last week. I had seen they had Saiga 7.62s for the Calgun special the previous week for $429. They were going on regular sale for $469 the next day. I ask the manager if he would give me the expired Calguns coupon price. He asked me to show me the coupon and then said sure. When the saleperson looked it up to DROS, the computer said it was $399 because of the opening sale and gave it to me for that price. I was tempted to buy several more at that point.

Since I already paid the DROS/transfer for the 10/22, I got a Saiga for $430 including tax out the door.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:25 PM

Turner's is ok for run of the mills stuff. The most gunsmith they'll do is boresight a scope.

Riflegear is good for higher end stuff. They have basic tools for ARs/AKs and could do basic builds.

OC Armory is great for custom stuff. They are great when it comes to out of state transfer/off roster gear. They can build you a silencer if you're allowed to have one...

it's great to have choices...

"I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)
Old 10-28-2012, 2:30 PM
Veteran Member

Turners South Bay has really changed a lot(really good). I just wish their employees do get some sort of commission for their sales. The gentlemen that helped me purchase a gun for my wife today was really really helpful and patience.

Last edited by kapache; 10-28-2012 at 2:33 PM..
Old 11-02-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Attitude. Generally speaking, Turner's is still filled with know-it-all, I'm too good to help you attitudes.
I have been to the Pasadena location quite a few times, even bought my first firearm there. Although I am not happy they wouldn't allow me to ship a weapon to them (because they sell a similar product) when it comes to their employees I have always found them to be be nice and knowledgeable.

Also the girls are nice to look at.
Old 11-14-2012, 6:56 PM

I've bought a lot of guns from turners. The San Bernardino store is close to me. But every experience is horrible. But I know what I'm goin for and price. I even had a guy tell me they didn't have any dd parts kits. And there was 3 on the wall behind him. He told me that's not a parts kit. It took a manager to pick it up and give it to me. I'd like to think the other stores are much better. I'd hope at least. But I already know when I walk in that door I'm gonna wanna bang my head on counter. Like it was said in here. Do your research and go in knowing what you want. And forget about gun powder. They all look in the safe and tell me there out. And I can see them. Every time I find a good employee. They never stay long and ill be told they don't work there anymore. I hope they get the San Bernardino store better. I blame management for lack of training of employees.