Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 04-10-2018, 4:46 PM

Default Grape Solar 100-Watt Solar Panel only $89.00

https://www.edealinfo.com/d/00855172...ne-Solar-Panel
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles
So we will know them by their limping.
~Irish Blessing

Calguns, take me away...
Old 04-10-2018, 4:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Sweet, what can you do with them?

Wonder how many panels I would need to power a swimming pool pump like this

http://www.sunelec.com.ph/store/p28/...l_CS-17-1.html

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

Last edited by 71MUSTY; 04-10-2018 at 5:06 PM..
Old 04-10-2018, 5:49 PM

Says it is rated for .7kW, so that's 700 watts probably for max power.
Old 04-11-2018, 8:40 AM
Veteran Member

Check the first review on Amazon, I will paste it here:

"Having read some of the questions that people have asked, it's obvious that many of you could use a primer on the basics. This panel is rated at 100 Watts. That means that its instantaneous output approaches 100 W if there are no clouds in the way and if an imaginary line drawn from the panel to the sun makes a 90 degree angle with imaginary lines drawn on the glass from top to bottom and side to side. Since no one is going to buy an expensive alt-azimuth mount to keep the panel perfectly pointed, its output will be considerably less than 100 Watts for most of the day, so if you're going to use it to directly power something while the sun is shining, its power requirement should be a lot less than 100.
This panel's max voltage is about 18 Volts DC. DC means direct current, which is what comes out of a car battery. You may be planning to use it to recharge a battery. My Costco RV battery has a capacity of 115 amp-hours, so at 50% discharge I would have to put 57.5 amp-hours back into it. Since Watts = Volts x Amps and since I can't recharge a 12 V battery at much more than 14 V, the most recharge current you can get out of this panel is about 7 Amps. At that rate it would take more than 8 hours of direct sun under perfect conditions to recharge a battery. Since you'll probably just lay the panel flat on the ground or prop it up somewhere, expect to wait 2 or 3 sunny days to fully recharge an RV battery. By the way, if you do plan to recharge a 12 V battery (or power some 12 V appliance), you will have to connect it through a charge controller (not included) to keep the output voltage below the 18 V operating level.
Some of you want to know if you can use this panel to run your house appliances like a refrigerator. Since everything you plug in at home requires a constant supply of alternating current (AC) at 110-120 Volts, you will need to store the panel's DC output in a battery and then get an inverter to convert 12 V DC to 120 V AC. You may be wondering how long an RV battery can run a refrigerator. My LG fridge uses 864 Watts when its compressor is running. A typical combination of inverter and solar panel is less than 90% efficient, so let's assume the inverter needs to pull 980 Watts out of the battery to run the fridge. An inverter putting that big a load on a 12 V RV battery draws about 75 amps, so it could only run the fridge's compressor for 3/4 of an hour before the battery would become 50% discharged again. Rather than wait another 2 or 3 days to recharge, consider getting more panels.
A word about inverters: You need to get a short length of some pretty thick wire to connect an inverter to a battery. A 2000-watt inverter can pull up to 150 Amps which would melt ordinary house wire. You also need to get an inverter that is rated at significantly more than your anticipated load if electric motors are involved. This is because a motor causes a surge in power when it first starts up. It only settles down to its rated power draw after it gets going.

8 comments| 104 people found this helpful.