Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 04-07-2018, 4:01 PM

Default Hornady Rapidsafe 2700XL $98

https://www.grafs.com/catalog/product/productId/70426

Like this more than any of Costco's past offerings.

Graf and Sons has the older version Hornady Rapidsafe 2700XL for around $90...shipping is a flat fee of $8...so you could add other small items that isn't worth paying shipping for elsewhere since their prices are competitive to midway, midsouth, natchezss, cabelas etc...

Uses battery and/or standard, 110v depending on how you may want to use this. Comes with cable for looping to desk etc, one rfid wristband, 2 rfid stickers, barrel keys. The only difference between newer model is keypad entry. You can order extra wristbands for the mrs/gf...

The kicker for our displaced CA forumites IS this Year the rebate gives TWO boxes of Hornady Critical Defense ammo in a cal of your choice compared to last years single box... us that still live here, we get a rebadged soft pistol case. Rebate runs thru 2018 year...must be received by feb2019.

If you find a good deal on any of the other rapidsafe's included on this rebate let our displaced fellow calgunners know, please post them here too.

Rebate for reference: https://press.hornady.com/assets/pct...1508363469.pdf
Old 04-07-2018, 4:09 PM
Veteran Member

Very well liked.

https://www.amazon.com/Hornady-98170.../dp/B018JRBPVI
Old 04-07-2018, 5:20 PM

it is CS's husband... i love it more than any of my old barrel key only lockboxes, and those were no name, sentry, hornady also, etc.. you name it...cant come close to the satisfaction of having this pluggedin, battery backup, and wave of the wrist over sensor, thunk!!! 100% open.

I open my rapidsafe at least 2x a day...carry in-home as garage entry/fromt door is closer to stairs than where we stay most. must've worked the locking system at least 500x by now, and it just keeps working as smooth as the day i got it. i take a bath with my wristband and still hasn't messed up the rfid chip, or hasnt torn from taking off/on from bathroom use.

i'd get another in a heartbeat if the ammo bonus still applied to us here in cali, 2 boxes of hornady cd cost about $30 even with cabelas gc and othe cb etc...so it'd be a no brainer for anyone that needs something like this and can get the bonus ammo. i want one more, but holding back because we get the cheap pistol case regardless of its quality zipper, etc...it still doesn't compare to two boxes of hornady crit def. Last year was a better deal for me, had the replacement freebie been bullets, brass or a hornady gc if they have a web storefront, i'd bit.

Also, this @$98 feels better designed than the costco side table mounted or the table top fingerprint type lockbox. two of the fingerprint samples i bought had to be perfectly swiped...the side table mounted kind needs a temp wood mount to the bed or permanently altering your furniture, and the keypad combo has that slight chance of getting opened by the kids if they take the time to try a number of combinations a day everyday until it'll open.

if you own a pistol and don't have a safe yet, skip the keyed lpckbox and buy this first if funds permit. this will still be in great use after the safe purchase. quick access is the void that the keyed lockbox or the aafe won't be able to offer. one is portable, the other can be a quick access type, bit only the rapidsafe and similar lockboxes can only offer both worlds.
Old 04-09-2018, 8:01 AM
Veteran Member

I have the smaller 2600KP in the console of my Tundra truck....works and fits perfectly. The multiple modes of opening are nice to have. Heavy, solid metal!

Strange the bigger 2700 is even cheaper.....but an excellent deal if you need that size