Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 6:06 PM

Default SACRAMENTO C3 MONTHLY SHOOT Saturday March 2

Saturday, March 2, at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center – Rifle Ranges @ 10:00 a.m. (Range closes at 4 p.m).

Please wear your Calguns gear, we are here to represent!

Check this place out - lots for the public to do and even more if you are a member! http://sacvalley.org/images/range_map_large.jpg

WHAT: The shoot will follow the informal order of "Meet, Shoot, Eat". The "eat" portion this event will have to be snacks that you bring to keep your tummy calm until you get a real meal in you. The C3's will be around all day to meet, greet, introduce and talk about guns and CGSSA

We’ll have some handouts, some stickers and other goodies for sale.

HOW MUCH: Rifle and Pistol range fees, all day, $ 3 for members, $14 for non-members

WHERE: Please, sign in with the C3s first. We’ll be at the gazebo between the office and the pond. This is where you will check in and receive a name tag so we can all identify each other and put a face to the screen name.

Once you’ve checked in with us, for handguns or for rifles, go to the Range Office and sign in. Fees are for the full day, you’ll be given a wristband. There are no reservations. There is usually good space available at 9 am sharp.

When you get on the range, look for the CalGuns Banner or one of the C3s in the bright orange hats and Calguns shirt. We will try making ourselves as visible as possible. If you see a Calguns logo stop an say "hi", we all seem to be friendly people!

WHAT IF IT RAINS? : Generally, rain or shine. But subscribe to this thread and check it before you load your guns and go.

Sacramento Valley Shooting Center http://www.sacvalley.org/
15501 Meiss Road,
Sloughhouse, CA 95683 Phone; 916-354-96683

NOTE: The Center is located approximately 15 miles Southeast of the city of Sacramento. Do not use car based GPS or Internet/electronic maps for directions to the range as they often have you entering from Dillard Road. Meiss from Dillard is an unpaved, nearly impassible rock road. Use Ione Road to approach Meiss Road.

Competition
No formal competitions this time, just fun. Tell us what kind of competitions you’d like and we’ll try to make it happen in future.

Guns Allowed At range:
Handguns - common handgun calibers up to 50 yards!
Rifles - up to 300 yards for the public!
Shotguns – HD shotguns are allowed in the area in front of the Range Office. Coordinate with the staff and they will give you an older target stand to destroy. (Trap/Skeet/Clays are not at this range.)

Safety: There are cease fires every 15 minutes. Eye and hearing protection are mandatory for anyone on the range. Please be aware that all firearms on the public range MUST use an empty chamber indicator during cease fire periods. Bring your own or buy one at the office for a nominal fee.

Reminder: - When you're there, your actions represent the entire Calguns community. We should always take responsibility for our actions, and treat their facility with the utmost respect.

Hope to see you there!
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 02-06-2013, 8:23 PM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor

I really need to come out to one of these monthly's. I'm crossing my fingers that something doesn't come up.
Old 02-27-2013, 7:42 PM

Im not a member at sac vally and I am new on cal guns so forgive me if this is a dumb question.
I can come out and meet some cal gunners and shoot this saturday?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 PM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerSlinger View Post
Im not a member at sac vally and I am new on cal guns so forgive me if this is a dumb question.
I can come out and meet some cal gunners and shoot this saturday?
Yes! You are more than welcome to join everyone and shoot! We are trying to get more Calgunners in our area to meet! Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to make it though this Saturday. But do come out! The Sac folks are really down to earth!
Old 02-28-2013, 3:29 AM

Slinger, come on out and shoot with us. Look for the C3's (Calguns Community Coordinators) in the orange Calguns hats. We'll introduce you around. We are usually either on the handgun range or the 100 yard rifle range, depending on who's around.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 02-28-2013, 5:56 PM

I will be there.
Old 02-28-2013, 8:00 PM

I may try to make it. Good range, good people, good shooting. What more could anyone ask for.
Old 03-04-2013, 8:36 PM

I'm getting OLD, I mixed up the days for the Monthly Shoot, for some reason I thought it was Sunday instead of Saturday. So I planned to test my new 22 Remington 597 on Saturday, and since my new Mueller scope hadn't arrived yet, I would mount an OLD 25years Daisy 808 4x15 scope once used on my son's Sheridan .20 pellet gun.

So I spend Friday night with jerry-rigging a 3/4" scope tube using 1" rings. On Saturday I head out to Lincoln range to sight the setup. I arrive and discover that Lincoln was CLOSED.. Then I get home about 4pm and discover that the Calgun's Shoot was Saturday. BUMMER....

Sunday I go back to Lincoln range and play for 4 hours with the 22 and scope, had lots of fun. However it would have been sweeter if I could have met others on Calguns and possibly make new friends. Next month I will make it!

Where is the range report?
How many showed up?
Anything interesting happen?
Any friendly competitions?

Last edited by walterwhite; 03-04-2013 at 9:50 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 9:51 PM

Ran into that same issue on Saturday at Lincoln. Went back Sunday afternoon as well.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:27 PM

I gotta get in on one of these

Don't Listen to me, I had bad grades in high school....