Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Long Distance Shooting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Long Distance Shooting Discuss tools, techniques, tips and theories of long distance shooting

Old 10-01-2017, 9:59 AM

Default URSA Shoots for October ‘17 - 2000 yards and counting

URSA Shoots for October ‘17 - 2000 yards and counting

The Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA) will have shoots on Sunday, October 15th in NorCal (Clear Lake/Upper Lake area) and in SoCal (Barstow area).

We start shooting at 2000 yards and those that shoot well enough (at least two) then shoot at min 2500 yards. All locally-legal firearms (rifles and rifle/pistols) are welcome. There are NO fees, we shoot on public land.

The NorCal contact is Lynn (rd-southwest@unlimitedrange.org). Lynn is our Regional Director (RD) for CA/NV. Detailed info for NorCal is usually posted on CalGuns at http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=327 .

More info about URSA and how shoots are conducted is at
http://www.unlimitedrange.org/operations.html Especially note FAQ 13, which describes course of fire.

Initial info re SoCal is provided below.

4WD, or AWD with decent ground clearance, is strongly recommended as the sand can get very rutted and deep.

We will have a target set up at 2080 and, quite possibly, at 2630 (at least a stand will be set up at 2630). Shooting at 2630 is NOT guaranteed – that’s determined by how well shooters do at 2080.

July (our last SoCal event) was very hot, I expect October will be good weather but likely “chilly” (in the mid-60s to mid-70s) during most of the time while we shoot. Too early for wind forecasts. We'll see.

Those that sign up (cut-off is 6 PM, 10/11) will get event-specific info a few days before the actual event date, tentatively the evening of 10/11. If I do not hear from you by the cutoff, you will not receive the event-specific info, which includes directions and final timing. Also, if I don’t hear from you, I will assume you are not planning on shooting, the headcount requirement may not be met, and the event may be cancelled – which is what happened in August and September. Please contact me at webmaster@unlimitedrange.org Thanks.
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!
Old 10-11-2017, 6:21 PM

URSA SoCal's shoot for October has been cancelled for lack of shooter sign-ups. Based on the "decline" responses to my e-mails, there should be a better chance for a shoot in November.
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!