Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 09-23-2013, 9:55 AM

The website says that there is a high power rifle fee 18$ with range purchased ammo but the range rules says no center fire .. So I'm confused is there high power rim fire rifles?

And i maybe way off base with this, i am confused because this appears to be a website for the range http://www.riversideindoorshootingrange.com/
Old 09-27-2013, 7:39 PM

I stopped by on my way home this afternoon. looks like a ton of progress has been made, and work was going on for more. I met a guy who said he was a co-owner, his name was either Tim or Tom, and got a bit of info from him. some of it is different from what is on their site, but is what was told to me in person.

should be open in about a month.
it will not be range only ammo, and not frangible only as well. no steel core.
three range areas/rooms, he said pistol/pistol/rifle.
centerfire rifle is ok. (forgot to ask up to what caliber)
there will be memberships, as well as public/walk in rentals.

my take on things:
based on how long it has been, and where it seemed to me in process, might be more than a month. ceilings are partially in, cinder block walls on the stall end are complete but bare, no windows or doors on anything. some sort of hvac components are around waiting to be put in.

two of the rooms/range areas are good size. about 8 or so lanes wide. they were in the process of installing the stall walls when I was there. it was pretty dark in there, and I was not wearing my glasses. I would say it was 25 yards deep, and the backstop looked like the typical indoor range concrete bank or whatever it is.
the third range area is maybe 4 lanes wide, but a bit deeper, comes further back on the stall end maybe 5 yards.
the front non range lobby type area is quite a good size. nothing is set up, tools, construction supplies, etc all over. no idea how it will be arranged, but plenty of room for it to be quite nice I would imagine.

I am looking forward to the opening, it will be nice being so close and between work and home.

The only thing that matters is rallying our cause to fight the enemy relentlessly, indifferent to the outcome of any particular battle
Old 10-04-2013, 10:53 AM

hope this comes through it would be nice to have a place to shoot rifle close by.
Old 01-05-2014, 6:24 AM

Just to keep all the CalGunners up to speed, we have opened up 20 of our 35 lanes for shooters to come in and try out the new range. We are still pushing to meet our Jan 25th grand opening and would love for you guys to swing by and do some shooting to give us some of your feedback to make sure we have not left any stones unturned. Pass the word around and we hope to see you at the range.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I went there Thursday with my adult son. The staff is nice and the range is great and brand new of course. We had a great time and met the owner too. Nice guy.

Your brass is collectible as long as it is on your side of the shooting line. There is no retrieving it on the other side for obvious safety reasons.

The owner told me up to .308 caliber can be shot. They also have an archery range and he intends to meet with the Boy Scouts soon to persuade them to allow cub and boy scouts to use the range to obtain their merit badges. If you have sons in the BSA, keep this in mind.

Overall good experience and great safety oriented staff.
Old 01-10-2014, 7:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirePowerDepot View Post
Just to keep all the CalGunners up to speed, we have opened up 20 of our 35 lanes for shooters to come in and try out the new range. We are still pushing to meet our Jan 25th grand opening and would love for you guys to swing by and do some shooting to give us some of your feedback to make sure we have not left any stones unturned. Pass the word around and we hope to see you at the range.
I would love to stop by and do some shooting today how late will you be open?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joefear7 View Post
I would love to stop by and do some shooting today how late will you be open?
Joe, Did you have fun shooting my tennis racket?? Good to have you as a Bronze member of Riverside Indoor Shooting Range!!!! Should've let you shoot the Royal Flush. Next time bud.

Last edited by alex45auto; 01-11-2014 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 AM

Yea it was awesome! The range is looking good and all the staff are really nice. I even got to see Alex45auto Split two cards in half with the Royal Flush! Every Calgunner that can make it down there should
Old 01-15-2014, 10:05 PM

I will have to check you guys out. Im just right across the street =)))