Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2016, 9:22 AM

Default Newer to shooting

Hi everyone, about 8 months ago I got myself into the addicting sport of shooting.

I've been loving acquiring new firearms and shooting. Safely most people I know have no interest in shooting.

I'd love to get into some completions, meet ups or other forms of getting to know shooters. What are my options in San Diego?!
Old 06-11-2016, 10:59 AM
CGSSA Associate

send me PM if interested in going to BLM land to shoot

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...5#post27536285

Please protect me from the evil that I see, and the darkness that I cannot.----Rev.Johnson
Old 06-20-2016, 11:56 AM

Jon, if you want to meet up at an indoor range I can bring pistol, rifle, and shotgun. Sent you a private message - Tony
Old 06-24-2016, 11:39 AM

Come to one of our next meeting/ events! Great way to get involved and meet people in the 2a community!
Old 08-14-2016, 9:20 AM

iron sights in Oceanside has different matches during the month. every Thursday usually a steel match but I believe they don't use steel targets anymore. and idpa matches last Sunday of the month.
Old 08-14-2016, 4:39 PM

Escondido Fish and Game has pistol combat match the first saturday of each month. Check the newsletter online at the dates on the calendar. Lots of fun, PM me if you need info.
Old 08-14-2016, 5:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_cue View Post
iron sights in Oceanside has different matches during the month. every Thursday usually a steel match but I believe they don't use steel targets anymore. and idpa matches last Sunday of the month.
Every other Thursday is real steel. Handgun or rimfire rifle, way better than bowling.

IDPA is both fun and safe and will challenge you to think and shoot (no need to be a member of IDPA either.) But it does start early 0700 sharp (miss the safety brief and it's no go so be on time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheep View Post
Escondido Fish and Game has pistol combat match the first saturday of each month. Check the newsletter online at the dates on the calendar. Lots of fun, PM me if you need info.
Yup, great times up there as well as third Saturday AR/handgun match, relatively inexpensive for such a great facility.

http://www.escondidofishandgame.com/...August2016.pdf

PWG has IDPA on Wednesday nights I believe.

Lemon Grove has some IDPA as well (too far for me) but look them up if you're close.

The San Diego Police Revolver club has very reasonable rates, but it's handguns only.

Rainbow Range has a steel match, pretty sure it's the second Saturday of the month.
Old 08-19-2016, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
Every other Thursday is real steel. Handgun or rimfire rifle, way better than bowling.

IDPA is both fun and safe and will challenge you to think and shoot (no need to be a member of IDPA either.) But it does start early 0700 sharp (miss the safety brief and it's no go so be on time).
haha I had to look back at my post if I mentioned I bowled and couldn't make matches because of it. but I bowl Wednesday's. recently started bowling and didn't do half bad my first year. bowling 11 of 12 possible strikes in my first year was pretty exciting though.

wish I could make Thursday matches but have been working Thursday's and getting up to Oceanside in 1800 commute sucks even on a motorcycle takes quite a bit of time coming from Mira Mesa. what's even worse is my schedule right now I work Thursday's and every other Sunday. and the damn Sunday's I do work are the days that would be the idpa matches.