Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 06-19-2016, 6:29 AM

Default My first day as an instructor

Wow, it is completely different being on the other side of things, and so grateful for the opportunity!

Fathers day weekend, had lots of dads, and lots of kids. Attention span is already tough if you are an adult with so much new info coming at you, I can't imagine if you are 5-10 or so.

The youngest concentrated on magazine changes, trigger presses, and sight alignment from a bipod and shot groups any dad would be proud of (seriously!)

I'm most proud of Caesar, he came with a single shot with a scope, had to borrow a loaner with irons and he listened and internalized all of the coaching and his end of day 1 AQT looked solid.

Also of Gerold, he came in with a new-to-him 270Win mossberg (lightweight) and was eating punishing recoil all day long but showed persistance! Heck everybody on my side of the line was rock solid doing their personal best. Hot brass down the neck and all. Chris had 5-6 burn marks on the inside of this support elbow where his uncle's bras was ejecting right into it. He powered through!

I'm on my way to earning my Red Hat (full instructor) and can't wait to help teach YOU to shoot along with the founding history and heritage of our uniquely amazing country!
Old 06-20-2016, 9:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleseed
A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.
Old 06-20-2016, 2:08 PM
CGSSA Leader

Nice job out there last weekend...

If you really, really want to learn something well, try teaching it. You'll see.

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.