Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 04-25-2018, 4:27 PM

Default Report on Service Grade IHC Garand from CMP (No pics sorry)

I received my Service Grade IHC Garand today. I was disappointed on opening the rifle case to find that it had CMP wood. But then I looked closer. Seven digit receiver, IHC bolt, IHC trigger and the stock has really nice striping and a very well struck cartouche. 2+/2+ muzzle and throat on an LMR barrel. EDIT: Op Rod is also IHC. I don't know how to check the small parts, most are unmarked and none say IHC. I was thrilled once I looked past the non USGI wood problem. This was the only hole in my Garand collection and I'm really grateful that I got a good one. Thank you CMP!

CMP sent me a tan/coyote rifle case that is cool and different than the green ones that I received in the past.

Sorry about the lack of pics, my PC won't interface with my phone or camera right now.
PM for a free list of homes & income properties, or to see what your house is worth. BRE:#01443195 Fathom Realty

Last edited by marksmandowntown; 04-26-2018 at 10:09 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 4:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Congrats! You going to look for an IHC stock to put it in?
Old 04-25-2018, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingsocal View Post
Congrats! You going to look for an IHC stock to put it in?
Yeah, I'm sure that I will eventually. When a good deal on an attractive one comes up I'll pick it up. I've got a hundred little projects like this to do like I'm sure that we all have.
PM for a free list of homes & income properties, or to see what your house is worth. BRE:#01443195 Fathom Realty
Old 04-26-2018, 10:18 PM

I broke it down a bit tonight. It was very tight in the wood and I had to use a mallet with a wood dowel to smack the receiver out of the stock. The internal parts are all the same color and they all have the same amount of wear and a slight amount of brown discoloration around some parts that isn't rust. BONUS, the op rod is also marked IHC. I think this one might have gone to auction if it had the original stock, so I'm not terribly upset about my non USGI wood anymore. I'm going to refinish the stock and make it look badass.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:29 PM

Nice! I've been thinking about picking one of those up myself. Good to hear they're worth the extra $