Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Santa Margarita Gun Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Santa Margarita Gun Club Competitive Shooting Sports for Active and Retired Military, civilians and juniors

Old 03-29-2018, 7:10 PM

Default Membership Inquiry

I have questions regarding the NON-MILITARY, Associate Yearly Membership.
Are they currently being issued to us mere civilians?
On the application it states: “ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIPS entitles me to No Rights of a Regular Membership with the exception of shooting at Matches.” Unsure what membership actually includes and restricts.
Do I send the payment with the app or wait for an approval first?

I’m just looking for a place close to home (San Clemente) to practice shooting. I’m a CCW permit holder with a squeaky clean history and strong supporter of our military families but have no interest in competitions as I would only embarrass myself beyond 300 yards. <g>

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000.
The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.
Old 03-30-2018, 5:58 PM

Regular membership is 2 military per civilian. Many of our civilian regular members are Camp Pendleton Range Safety Officers or are EMT's or better. One of the main benefits of regular membership is being able to vote on club matters.

Camp Pendleton range regulations require 2 RSOs and 1 EMT or better at our matches. While performing their duties, they are not allowed to shoot in the match. We will have multiple RSOs and EMTs at a match and they rotate on and off duty so they can participate.

Associate membership satisfies our insurance carrier and our agreement with the base.

If you plan on making a lot of the matches, annual associate membership is the way to go.

If you don't think you can make a lot of the matches, there is a day membership that can be paid on the day of the match.