Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 08-02-2014, 9:10 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default women noticed: Bloomberg Ad Inadvertently Portrays Limits of Gun Control Agenda

'Much like Bloomberg’s botched launch into “grassroots” organizing, the ad’s debut has once again shown the ex-mayor’s paid activists being outmaneuvered by grassroots gun rights supporters. Within hours of the video’s release, bloggers were extolling the pro-gun message of Everytown’s new effort. Others have edited the video to show what might have happened had the mother been armed (efforts that Bloomberg’s lawyers scrambled to censor). Journalist Katie Pavlich’s commentary on the ad was followed by a different commercial, which now has over two million online views, that demonstrates a far more favorable outcome to a home invasion in which the female resident was armed.

Lest anyone think this interpretation of the Everytown ad is confined to the pro-gun community, the sentiment has been shared by a diverse audience. Following a viewing of the ad on ABC’s The View, a show aimed squarely at a modern female demographic, host Sherri Shepherd told the story of time she was fearful of a break-in and suggested that women use firearms to defend themselves and their children. Following Shepherd’s comments, guest Juliet Huddy and host Jenny McCarthy shared experiences where they felt threatened and wished they had been armed.

The attitudes these women on The View expressed towards firearms are emblematic of broader trends in gun ownership. Media outlets are replete with stories of more women purchasing firearms, learning to shoot, and acquiring Right-to-Carry permits. In February 2013, the New York Times ran an article titled, “Rising Voice of Gun Ownership is Female.” The item cited a National Shooting Sports Foundation survey that found, “73 percent of gun dealers said the number of female customers had gone up in 2011, as had a majority of retailers surveyed in the two previous years.” Further, NSSF’s report “First Time Gun Buyers” concluded that, “women are motivated to purchase their first firearm predominately for personal defense.” '

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/ar...ol-agenda.aspx
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 08-02-2014, 9:14 AM

I saw the ad before knowing what it was for and thought it was for guns/self-defense! Thanks Bloomberg!

I was surprised to learn that Sherri and Jenny had handguns/shotguns in their homes to protect their kids.
Old 08-02-2014, 3:57 PM

Hurrah for The View! And last week's cover of Rolling Stone Magazine featured country star Miranda Lambert, at her home in Oklahoma.

One of the activities Miranda described was renting a party bus and taking the nine employees of her shop, all women, to Dallas, for shopping and to take their CCW classes. Miranda carries a S&W Ladysmith .38.

Finally, an idea whose time has come. When the media start playing up women's shooting and women getting CCW's, to protect themselves, we have ourselves a movement. Women have to be able to protect themselves without waiting for some guy to come along and do it for them, and they're finally figuring that out.

Now, if we could just get a spot on Oprah, to support gun training, safety and carry for women, that would be the icing on the cake. I'm so grateful to the View for their support.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 08-03-2014, 8:24 AM
Veteran Member

The View Clip - http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/vid...VDKA0_cg5pntcs

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."

"Is that a desert country?" "No; a fat country; fat people." "You are not fat?" "No. I'm different..."
Old 08-03-2014, 10:23 AM

Right on Bonnie!!

Wow, you are so up to date!
Old 08-03-2014, 5:49 PM
Calguns Addict

I think this is the correct link

http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/geoff...mpaign=view-2a

Anyways, out of the 4, theres always 1 thats anti gun!
Old 08-04-2014, 5:32 AM
C3 Leader

So much for Bloomberg being educated on the subject matter...

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Old 08-04-2014, 12:43 PM

Steyrl, what do you mean? I don't understand. Can you please say more about this?
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 08-04-2014, 1:04 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
Steyrl, what do you mean? I don't understand. Can you please say more about this?
He's an idiot & his ad backfired on him. I've heard from numerous people who saw it that if they didn't own a gun, they would hurry out & buy several, which I think was the opposite of what he wants, right???

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Old 08-04-2014, 2:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyrlp10 View Post
He's an idiot & his ad backfired on him. I've heard from numerous people who saw it that if they didn't own a gun, they would hurry out & buy several, which I think was the opposite of what he wants, right???
I was having a terrible day till I saw this. It warms my heart.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 08-04-2014, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
I was having a terrible day till I saw this. It warms my heart.
lol, kali!

yes, one would think that an anti would have looked at it and realized it is a pro-2A ad!
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 08-04-2014, 5:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
I think this is the correct link

http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/geoff...mpaign=view-2a

Anyways, out of the 4, theres always 1 thats anti gun!
In Shasta county it is 1 out of 4 have a venereal disease according to the newspaper
Old 08-04-2014, 7:32 PM

Sunday, are you saying that in Shasta County 1 out of every 4 women with guns has vd?

not sure how that info is pertinent re this thread.........
Quote: