Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 10-29-2013, 5:57 AM

Pyramydair.com has a halloween special 10% off plus free shipping over $150. I am thinking of picking up the RWS 34P with the 06 Trigger.
the code is scarey-2013 expires 11/1. You can also use the code "nutnfancy" for 10% off, but not sure of free shipping.
Old 10-29-2013, 7:57 AM

There's also "pyramyd-NRA". Been thinking about getting an air rifle. Like the idea of no legal hassles and cheap/available ammo. But accurate air rifles ain't cheap. The RWS 34 is a classic. I'm considering that as well as some others.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I am getting one of those Benjamin Trail NP single shot .22 piston guns. It looks like a decent gun for the $
Old 10-30-2013, 10:39 AM
CGN Contributor

I may purchase a pneumatic firearm. However, I will NEVER switch to one.

Currently, in Europe, they ALL thought the pneumatics were safe about a decade ago. The politicians are now in overdrive taking these away.

These things are already zero-tolerance illegal in Japan. They have also banned almost all edged weapons in Japan. Some martial arts forms are also zero-tolerance banned in Japan too .... American-style Kenpo being one of them.
Old 11-01-2013, 3:48 PM

Looking at maybe getting an AR style air gun. What would be a good option?
Old 11-05-2013, 7:36 PM

Looks like I need to buy an airgun
Old 11-08-2013, 9:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I just got my Trail NP .22 and unboxed it last night. I was almost shocked at how nice it is. It is also very heavy in a good way @ about 8.5 pounds. Solid synthetic stock, solid heavy barrel. The trigger is decent, could be better. The built in pic rail is awesome and SOLID. Butt pad is even nice. Nicely built gun that feels like it has more in common with a Remington 700P than a Crosman 1077 (if that makes sense).

I didn't have a high opinion of Centerpoint scopes, but the 3-9x40 AO that is included is clear, has nice hash marked reticle which will probably come in handy, bright and well made on first impression. Nice enough to leave on there to see how long it lasts. Recoil is light with the piston, so maybe it'll be fine. The included rings are the right height and pretty nice for gimme rings - on par with UTG's. The rail space is plenty to adjust the scope to the eye relief you need for head position you prefer, and the stock cheek riser height seems right on.

Per reviews I have seen I will wear in the piston a bit and clean the barrel before expecting super accuracy. I have 1000 Crosman hp domes to start out with. I will grab some Crosman RN domes soon.

I love the simplicity of just grabbing a tin of pellets and going... no magazines or CO2, or air tanks, pumps, etc...

Last edited by crufflers; 11-08-2013 at 10:06 AM..
Old 11-08-2013, 11:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsipper View Post
Just came back to the page after remembering my password. Got busy flying model airplanes. I had only dry fired my Disco and MRod in the garage and at the airfield but haven't taken it back to the firing range.
How do you like that Steel Force?

I have the Steel Storm and I love it - though it is out of commission till I replace the o-rings in the Mag. I have tons of them, but haven't gotten around to it.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 AM

i've been into airguns since circa 1989...next one will be a 9mm, 45 or 50 cal PCP. right now i have springers, gas/np rams and PCP up to 25 cal and shoot them almost daily.

the support apparatus for the PCP can be quite expensive and involved if you want to get deeply into them.

i am a legend in my own mind...

we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

"The second amendment ain't about your deer rifle..."
Old 11-08-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
I just got my Trail NP .22 and unboxed it last night. I was almost shocked at how nice it is. It is also very heavy in a good way @ about 8.5 pounds. Solid synthetic stock, solid heavy barrel. The trigger is decent, could be better. The built in pic rail is awesome and SOLID. Butt pad is even nice. Nicely built gun that feels like it has more in common with a Remington 700P than a Crosman 1077 (if that makes sense).

I didn't have a high opinion of Centerpoint scopes, but the 3-9x40 AO that is included is clear, has nice hash marked reticle which will probably come in handy, bright and well made on first impression. Nice enough to leave on there to see how long it lasts. Recoil is light with the piston, so maybe it'll be fine. The included rings are the right height and pretty nice for gimme rings - on par with UTG's. The rail space is plenty to adjust the scope to the eye relief you need for head position you prefer, and the stock cheek riser height seems right on.

Per reviews I have seen I will wear in the piston a bit and clean the barrel before expecting super accuracy. I have 1000 Crosman hp domes to start out with. I will grab some Crosman RN domes soon.

I love the simplicity of just grabbing a tin of pellets and going... no magazines or CO2, or air tanks, pumps, etc...
i have this rifle, too...go to yellowforum.com to find the 'mods' to do to it; cheap and easily accomplished. you may also email me if you wish...i've don e the mods and will be happy to share info with you.

the rifle can be accurate, to the extreme if it is shot properly, and has the trigger changed.

we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

Old 11-08-2013, 3:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco45 View Post
If you want a real good pellet pistol, you should take a look at the Crosman 357! There's no blowback, but I've had mine since 2011 and it still works just as good as when I first took it out the bubble pack. http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosma...n_Revolver/201
If you have Amazon Prime, you can get it in 2 days, minus the shipping cost at http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-3576-S...ds=crosman+357
You get about 60 shots total / CO2 and the it's claimed velocity is 430 FPS, but I would imagine it's closer to 410 in reality. I haven't chronographed it though, so I can't tell you exact numbers, but it is a great pellet pistol for the money!
I agree that Crosman 357 is great for the money, and accurate with Crosman pellets. I like the Premier wadcutters in mine. I have the old classic model with the square bottom grips and the new model with the ergo grips.
Old 11-08-2013, 3:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donw View Post
i have this rifle, too...go to yellowforum.com to find the 'mods' to do to it; cheap and easily accomplished. you may also email me if you wish...i've don e the mods and will be happy to share info with you.

the rifle can be accurate, to the extreme if it is shot properly, and has the trigger changed.
I will check out the forum. What parts did you use in the trigger mod?

I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and reviews already. I am going to shoot it a bit first, but will either do a trigger mod or install the Charlie Tuna trigger - whichever one fits my trigger style - still need to disassemble it and check.

Last edited by crufflers; 11-08-2013 at 3:39 PM..
Old 11-13-2013, 12:56 PM

Crufflers, Yes, the Crosman 357 is a great gun. You also asked about the Steel Force, well I love it! It's more accurate than the Steel Storm and is a bit more fun to shoot. I say if you like the Steel Storm, get the Steel Force too!

Here's a little video review I made for the Umarex Legends Parabellum Pistole P.08, CO2 powered .177 cal Steel BB gun. It's a beautiful gun, a lot cheaper to shoot than a .22LR and definitely worth the money...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw2Lq0bCObI
Old 11-14-2013, 2:46 PM

I bought a Gamo Whisper several years ago. Set up a 10 Meter range at home. Practicing with this air rifle helped me get my Rifleman Badge.

However, it certainly did not replace any of my Rimfire Rifles....
Old 11-14-2013, 4:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

The ones that might replace your rimfires are a bit more expensive than the gamo mass production stuff
Old 11-14-2013, 4:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Use my air rifle for the fricken pigeons that make a mess around our house.

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan
Old 11-14-2013, 5:14 PM

I have found that the BLAP from my .22 rws got the neighbors looking around .
Old 11-24-2013, 3:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
Use my air rifle for the fricken pigeons that make a mess around our house.
Hell yes. When they set up shop on one side of the house, my Crosman 357 comes out. Small, powerful enough and quiet. Dead-on with wadcutters.
Old 11-24-2013, 3:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

These are 15 yard groups from my Trail NP .22 break-in... I am about 100 rounds in and have cleaned it a few times with a bore-snake. Groups continue to tighten up. I am using Crosman HP. I am ordering some Round Nose to see if those are more consistent. So far it seems as advertised for break in.

Old 11-24-2013, 4:59 PM
Veteran Member

I bought a few airguns a while back, a Benjamin Marauder pistol, Beeman Hw97 and RWS 350 magnum along with Beeman P11 and P1 pistols.

In my opinion shooting airguns is not a substitute for shooting real firearms, just not anywhere near as fun. They end up sitting in the closet.

Shooting .22 lr is 10x more enjoyable for me.
Old 11-24-2013, 5:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
These are 15 yard groups from my Trail NP .22 break-in... I am about 100 rounds in and have cleaned it a few times with a bore-snake. Groups continue to tighten up. I am using Crosman HP. I am ordering some Round Nose to see if those are more consistent. So far it seems as advertised for break in.

Darn nice shooting!

NRA MEMBER

Michael Reagan
Old 11-24-2013, 5:14 PM

Quote:
I will check out the forum. What parts did you use in the trigger mod?

I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and reviews already. I am going to shoot it a bit first, but will either do a trigger mod or install the Charlie Tuna trigger - whichever one fits my trigger style - still need to disassemble it and check.
i did the CDT trigger...

Old 11-24-2013, 5:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
Darn nice shooting!
Thank you. It is my first break-barrel.

It is hard for me to get used to upsetting my shooting position each shot to cock and load the next round... and then get settled back to the the same cheek weld, etc...

I think I'd like it better in the field off-hand all the time, rather than prone.

I do love the rifle though. Just learning curve.
Old 11-24-2013, 5:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21Shooter View Post
I bought a few airguns a while back, a Benjamin Marauder pistol, Beeman Hw97 and RWS 350 magnum along with Beeman P11 and P1 pistols.

In my opinion shooting airguns is not a substitute for shooting real firearms, just not anywhere near as fun. They end up sitting in the closet.

Shooting .22 lr is 10x more enjoyable for me.
I agree. Even .22 LR ballistics is hard to replicate in a Pellet gun... but you cannot shoot rimfire or centerfire in the house or backyard. My 15 yard "range" is indoors.

I probaby learned more trigger control from .22 LR, but cheap, rough, heavy as sin triggers on airguns helped a lot too. Control the shots on an AUTO AIR II or 1077 and you can control anything.
Old 11-24-2013, 6:15 PM
Calguns Addict

I shoot my compound bow in my backyard......

NRA MEMBER

Michael Reagan
Old 11-28-2013, 12:17 AM
top poster @ utahguns.net
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

We shoot cans with our red ryders in the backyard. I still can't figure out why my youngest is still interested in air soft guns and BB guns when he has a whole safe full of hunting rifles, 22 rifles and pistols and ARs to shoot.

Join the discussion at www.utahguns.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP911 View Post
sweet jesus, the subject matter experts are 97!
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Old 11-29-2013, 8:08 PM

I have gotten 3 since the shortage. first I got a .22 benjamin titan but it wasnt accurate enough and I wanted something that hit a little harder for taking out pests. Next I got a .22 Air Arms S510, which is a really great gun and lastly i got a .25 Hatsan BT65 which isnt quite as nice as the Air Arms but it is nicer than the Benjamin's and it hits hard... at least for an airgun. The last two are PCP's and are both quite accurate. I have made headshots on ground squirrels at 100+ yards with both the PCP's. I havent really tested them at the range but based on their performance in the field I would feel confident saying that they shoot MOA or better. At least when shooting in the sweet spot of their fill.
Old 11-30-2013, 1:31 AM

I like airguns...

Old 11-30-2013, 1:42 AM

And more airguns...

Old 11-30-2013, 2:00 AM

And a few more...

Those are about the only ones I have pics handy for...
Old 11-30-2013, 2:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
And more airguns...

Quote:
And a few more...

Those are about the only ones I have pics handy for...
Slow down there son, you need to tell us more about a couple of these!

That electric motor, spade gripped one is pretty wild!

And what is the co2 military rifle looking one?

"While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"
Old 11-30-2013, 7:57 AM

Thumbs up My other "AR"

Air Rifle that is

Warmed up with this 15 year old Winchester break barrel at ~70 yards and was very pleased to hit the bullseyes. I tried a few different pellet brands, and think the Beemans are the best groups/consistency.

Lots of fun for < $100 for the rilfe and at < $0.01 per round Now I want to spend a couple more bucks on a better scope...

Old 11-30-2013, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
Slow down there son, you need to tell us more about a couple of these!

That electric motor, spade gripped one is pretty wild!

And what is the co2 military rifle looking one?
The one with the motor is a Palmer WWII anti-aircraft training gun. Wasn't mine; I restored it for a friend and brokered a deal to sell it for him. It went to Jon Jenkins, a local airgun collector. Here are some better pics of it that Jon took...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/40594...BB+Machine+Gun

Looks like someone put up a Wiki page on it using one of my pics. Info there is all wrong. It fires standard 177 BBs, not "ball bearings." It does not use a "solenoid," it has a clutch that engages between the motor and firing mechanism. It is not "powered by compressed air.....at 180-200 psi," the electric motor drives a piston. The velocity is not "between 500 and 600 fps," it's more like 300-350...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmer_BB_Machine_Gun

The other pic you quoted from my post is an Anschutz Hakim trainer. It's a 22 cal underlever spring-piston rifle.

The one with the Co2 poking out of the stock is a Crosman 160 I customized with an 03A3 butplate & rear sight, HW 22 barrel and M1 carbine front sight.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
The one with the motor is a Palmer WWII anti-aircraft training gun. Wasn't mine; I restored it for a friend and brokered a deal to sell it for him. It went to Jon Jenkins, a local airgun collector. Here are some better pics of it that Jon took...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/40594...BB+Machine+Gun

Looks like someone put up a Wiki page on it using one of my pics. Info there is all wrong. It fires standard 177 BBs, not "ball bearings." It does not use a "solenoid," it has a clutch that engages between the motor and firing mechanism. It is not "powered by compressed air.....at 180-200 psi," the electric motor drives a piston. The velocity is not "between 500 and 600 fps," it's more like 300-350...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmer_BB_Machine_Gun

The other pic you quoted from my post is an Anschutz Hakim trainer. It's a 22 cal underlever spring-piston rifle.

The one with the Co2 poking out of the stock is a Crosman 160 I customized with an 03A3 butplate & rear sight, HW 22 barrel and M1 carbine front sight.
Thank you very much for the additional information!

"While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"
Old 12-12-2013, 6:16 PM

Where did you get the M1 Carbine? I'm thinking about getting the Winchester Model M14 to use as a substitute trainer for my M1
Old 01-08-2014, 3:48 PM

Here's a new video from today!
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kypcs...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Loco45; 01-08-2014 at 3:53 PM..
Old 01-08-2014, 8:40 PM

I just completed an article with another airgun buddy of mine (Tofazfou) on the FX Boss in .30 Caliber.

Here's a link to the article.

Here's the video (**Contains Graphic Material**):

Eric
Old 01-08-2014, 9:04 PM
Veteran Member

this is calguns not calairguns

haha
Old 01-09-2014, 11:04 AM

Airguns are guns and range from the smallest .177 cal all the way up to .50 cal,
small game and big game hunting rifles, target shooters and plinkers and they're good for training, getting lots of trigger time and not breaking the bank while doing it...

.45 cal airgun shooting through cement block
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlxcFSq5k8c
Old 01-25-2014, 7:29 PM

Attention Calguns Airgunners: Senator Kevin "Ghost Gun" De Leon and a few other top Democrats in our state have got their sights on Airgunning. After a child was killed by cops for having a AK47 AirSoft replica, the control freaks in power have decided that people should not be able to buy any "imitation firearm" which covers Airsoft, Airguns and PaintBall guns, unless they are bright flashy colors and if I'm correct, they also want us in CA to register ALL of our air powered weapons. On top of that, if this bill passes, it will make it illegal to transport, use on public land, lend to friends or family and some other stuff that I don't remember. Basically, this bill will ruin airgunning in my state and I am asking everybody on this page to help support us, copy and paste this to other forums or social network sites that you may be signed up on and also call Senator De Leon's office and leave a message with your opposition to this bill. 213-483-9300
Even if you do not live in CA and live in another state, I ask for your help, it is very much needed right now.
Thanks