Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 09-12-2014, 2:40 AM

Default Would you have used 415 to shut this loudmouth up???

So I was just sitting here and I come a cross this video of a loud mouth going at it with an Officer. I think the Officer used some good discretion here, what with all the bad mouthing of the Police but but back in the day you could have used Disturbing the Peace for PC to at least run him.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7e0_1410511614

"From the deadly sword deliver me; rescue me from the hands of foreigners whose mouths are full of lies, whose right hands are deceitful." - Psalms 144:11

"I haven't seen my morals in a LONG time! When I threw out stupid morals I felt that it allowed me to really love people and look past perceived flaws and downfalls" - FremontJames
Old 09-12-2014, 4:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

"You've been harassing me for two minutes."

Seriously? I stopped watching after a couple of minutes. Guys a loud mouth douche. Unless I missed something later in the video...my guess is I didn't.

I will say that the cop showed more restraint then I would have been able to.

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

Last edited by SonofWWIIDI; 09-12-2014 at 4:43 AM..
Old 09-12-2014, 9:55 AM

I stopped watching after about a minutes worth, my phone was updating too slow. Its unfortunate that technology makes officers afraid to do their job. This guy was just trying to get a rise out of the officer in hopes of a contempt of cop situation. I didn't finish watching, but it sounds like the officer kept his cool. Society has forced us (most of us) to be more touchy feely instead of kicking *** and taking names. Things would likely be different if that guy did the same thing out in county. Just saying. Unfortunately as a cop you can't be the victim of PC 415, but you can be arrested for PC 148 for delaying or obstructing an officer when he is giving verbal orders to get out of the middle of the street when impeding traffic, a cvc violation......... the DA's office would never touch it though and this guy would definitely complain. I've learned some hard lessons and walking away will often be more beneficial than the contrary.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Banned

The fact that he had a camera stopped the cop from "Kicking *** and Taking Names" as you put it. Isn't it funny when the tables turn and the playing field becomes level. The cop is a Civil Servant, so let him be Civil and serve
Old 09-12-2014, 6:29 PM

Lol he would have been in cuffs asap
Old 09-12-2014, 8:58 PM
Veteran Member

From what I can recall, a peace officer's "peace" cannot be disturbed. Hence, a violation of 415PC (forgot the subsection) does not come into effect unless you have an individual independent of the LEO file a complaint. Like I said, this was from case law back in the day so something may have changed.
Old 09-12-2014, 9:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
From what I can recall, a peace officer's "peace" cannot be disturbed. Hence, a violation of 415PC (forgot the subsection) does not come into effect unless you have an individual independent of the LEO file a complaint. Like I said, this was from case law back in the day so something may have changed.
Still the same.
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.
Old 09-12-2014, 9:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Nope, would not have stood there an let him rant either. I sure as hell hope I'd have had better things to do then listen to him for 18 minutes.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:30 AM

VC 21955 - Just for wasting my time
Old 09-13-2014, 12:09 PM

He needs a 415 Gonzales upside his head

Last edited by rcslotcar; 09-13-2014 at 8:37 PM..
Old 09-13-2014, 8:29 PM
Veteran Member

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 09-13-2014, 8:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
...and 647(f) are good usable codes for *******s sometimes.
Old 09-14-2014, 3:07 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

647(f)
148 = Options

Standing there letting him rant in my face = Not an option. Either BSDx1 or go 98.
Old 09-14-2014, 3:25 AM

Damn. I'll be like, extra sure to cooperate police next time I come into contact with them.

Most of those codes only apply if the guy is intoxicated right? Does the officer have to prove they're intoxicated?

As for willfully resisting a peace officers duties......well, that could pretty much be anything.

Last edited by Jimmybacon43; 09-14-2014 at 3:31 AM..
Old 09-15-2014, 11:06 PM

Jimmy

Honestly it really ain't like that. Cops aren't out there just trying to slap misdemeanor codes on ya for petty or bs stuff. I wouldn't suggest baiting or antagonizing obviously, but dude that's just out of courtesy. 148 PC, at least where im at, gets kicked by the DA before I even print the report. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that the don't follow up on a sole misdemeanor. As such we only hook for 148 if its a physical fight or if the person is just absolutely over the top delaying or obstructing. Heck everyone delays a little.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:34 PM

wow, so the guy obviously is a douche, but committed no crime, and you guys all start fishing for trumped up charges to teach lessons.. this is why the dont trust cops thread gets the votes it does..
Old 09-16-2014, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBrooklyn View Post
wow, so the guy obviously is a douche, but committed no crime, and you guys all start fishing for trumped up charges to teach lessons.. this is why the dont trust cops thread gets the votes it does..
Agreed about trumping up charges. No violations here, except maybe a 21954 VC violation if he continued to stand in the roadway when a vehicle was near.

Other than that, I wouldn't have engaged this A**H0le as much. Continuing to stand and not give in to the guys rant was enough and all this officer needed to do.
Old 09-16-2014, 2:32 AM

Write his a** a cite and wait for it to go to a warrant... because we all know it will.
Then hopefully the Warrant Gods will smile upon a fortunate copper on a Friday night before a long holiday weekend and reward his want and warrant check with this jackass.
Old 09-16-2014, 6:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
This is what I remember as well.
Old 09-16-2014, 9:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
They are not "trumped up charges". Where I worked (in the hood) a lot of the people contacted are on something. If the above codes apply, use them. If I am dealing with someone obviously high on something (other than MJ), I can arrest for 11550. If they are high on MJ, or intoxicated on alcohol to the point where they can't take care of themselves then they go for 647 (f).

148 can be used if the person is delaying or interfering, but where I worked that was not bookable. Another tool is using the persons parole or probation officer if they are on parole or probation. I violated a parolee more than once for interfering in an investigation.

I am not specifically referring to the above incident because I was not there, and I don't know what the officer observed if anything. Often times people that are hostile or unreasonable during contact are on something. If the above codes fit, use them.
Old 09-17-2014, 7:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Who, said anything about trumped up charges? There you go "assuming" and "stereotyping" again. Don't hate. You obviously lack the training and experience to recognize when a person is either drunk, nuts, and/or under the influence of a controlled substance.

Oh, forgot 5150 may apply here too. Evidently, the guy was also hallucinating and seemed to be a danger to himself. He was about to stroke himself out.

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

Last edited by TrailerparkTrash; 09-17-2014 at 8:02 AM..