Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 12-16-2017, 1:55 PM
Veteran Member

The first legal animal I see gets a killin. After that I pick and choose. If it's legal it's none of my business.
Old 12-16-2017, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
So, you're against all the people who KILL insects and other animals by hitting them with their cars? I mean, think of all the squirrels and bugs that are needlessly killed just so someone can get from point A to point B faster than walking. Yes, killing a bug via a windshield is far more idiotic than trophy hunting is. At least hunters admit that they are killing. All the idiotic drivers who are against trophy hunting have problems trying to justify that they needlessly take thousands of innocent lives every year without any part of the critter going to good use.

There is no reason to kill insects just to get somewhere fast. You can walk instead of driving! Sorry, you can't justify "having to drive" anywhere.
What is really idiotic (and desperate) is comparing unintentional killing of an animal with a vehicle with deliberately killing an animal while trophy hunting.
Old 12-16-2017, 3:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win231 View Post
What is really idiotic (and desperate) is comparing unintentional killing of an animal with a vehicle with deliberately killing an animal while trophy hunting.
So, what is your view on trophy hunting? Haven't seen an opinion by you in either of trophy hunting threads except for some snark comments.
Old 12-16-2017, 3:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
There is no difference between trophy hunting and hunting deer, except the fact that trophy hunted animals would be extinct but for the trophy fees.

People domt need to hunt to eat in the us, all hunting is recreational.

Disney strikes again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 12-16-2017, 4:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDscar View Post
I agree %100 with you. No point in owning an AR-15, don’t see how shooting assault rifles brings joy to someone.
Ya, that’s you, that’s what you sound like.

I don’t hunt at all, but that doesn’t mean I want to ban others from pursuing life, liberty, and happiness.

Some ****ing weak sauce conservatives here.
Old 12-16-2017, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBabbett View Post
1. that is not eaten, providing valuable leather, clothing, boots or shoes or otherwise benefiting the health of mankind in any way
2. for trophy
3. for profit UNLESS the killed animal for commerce fulfills a human need as meat: farmers and ranchers have to make a living
4. to feel like a he-man
5. that is NOT a pest or a varmint
6. that is not a danger or threat to man or his domestic animals
7. that is not an invasive species

and/or

8. unless the animal otherwise needs to be put down humanely for serious injury, pain or illness

I say that as an American gun owner, hunter and even as a Republican voter. I hope Donald Trump does not lift any ban for hunting elephants and rhinos for ivory.
Mark Levin, an American gun owner and hunter himself, is talking about this on radio right now and I agree with this man on this issue. It was on my mind to share here.

There is no reason to kill a giraffe, lion or tiger for sport.
I agree 100% with you. But, I gotta admit, reading the responses is quite amusing; especially the desperate attempts to justify trophy hunting by calling it "Conservation." With our overpopulation issue, just think how many people's lives we'd save if we did the same thing.
Yeah...we're killing animals for trophies for their own good. In fact, we're heroes for doing it.
It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.
Old 12-16-2017, 8:12 PM

Where money is involved, there will always be creative justifications for anything - from excessive prescribing of drugs to trophy hunting.
There are other ways to create profit than causing needless suffering.
Old 12-16-2017, 8:19 PM

You should end youself, everyday you on earth you are killing animals.
Old 12-17-2017, 6:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Where money is involved, there will always be creative justifications for anything - from excessive prescribing of drugs to trophy hunting.
The question remains why you feel so passionate about limiting the freedom of others based on your personal distaste for their hobby? This is the exact same MO as those that want to ban guns.
Old 12-17-2017, 7:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.W.M.V. View Post
The question remains why you feel so passionate about limiting the freedom of others based on your personal distaste for their hobby? This is the exact same MO as those that want to ban guns.
^ this

I don't like it so it should be banned.
Old 12-17-2017, 7:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Ok, what, in your mind, is "needed" suffering? Let's hear the definition.
Old 12-17-2017, 9:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I say that as an American gun owner, hunter and even as a Republican voter. I hope Donald Trump does not lift any ban for hunting elephants and rhinos for ivory.
Mark Levin, an American gun owner and hunter himself, is talking about this on radio right now and I agree with this man on this issue. It was on my mind to share here.

Donald trump can't control a foreign sovereign country. He can change laws on importation but he can't lift any law in any foreign country.
You need to read up on civics on how country's are ruled and governed.

Now as to your other points. nearly all big game hunting in Africa in this day and age is done so to benefit the local communities be it tribes or cities. Yes there are still canned hunts with fenced in animals. hell that happens in Texas let along 6000 miles away in Africa. The majority of the game taken in Africa for trophy hunting the animal is given to the locals tribes less the hide and mount. So your whole Giraffe Lion or Tiger argument don't hold water.
Old 12-17-2017, 9:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I support hunters and hunting here more than anyone. However, it's not for me. I prefer to hunt with a Cannon DSLR. I have a soft spot for animals.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I agree 100% with you. But, I gotta admit, reading the responses is quite amusing; especially the desperate attempts to justify trophy hunting by calling it "Conservation." With our overpopulation issue, just think how many people's lives we'd save if we did the same thing.
Yeah...we're killing animals for trophies for their own good. In fact, we're heroes for doing it.
It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.
Facts not your strong suit? The pathetic here is the fingers in the ears disnefird "I'm not listening " attitude of the bambiests.

It's a fact. And I don't trophy hunt, so I don't think I it makes me a hero.

But for the money from trophy hunting, the paltry sums donated by anti hunters, like you, guarantees that trophy animals are extinct in three years.

Deal with it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 12-17-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
I support hunters and hunting here more than anyone. However, it's not for me. I prefer to hunt with a Cannon DSLR. I have a soft spot for animals.
Well, then you're obviously not macho enough. Real men kill things...just because they can.
Old 12-17-2017, 4:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Well, then you're obviously not macho enough. Real men kill things...just because they can.
An almost identical argument to that made by anti gun people: inadequate men need firearms to compensate and thats why they carry a gun.

I wonder why the arguments are identical?

Similarly, flatly declaring that someone elses legal hobby has no “reason”, “there is no reason to own a weapon of war” vs “there is no reason to trophy hunt.

I think we have found the problem here.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 12-17-2017, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
An almost identical argument to that made by anti gun people: inadequate men need firearms to compensate and thats why they carry a gun.

I wonder why the arguments are identical?

Similarly, flatly declaring that someone elses legal hobby has no “reason”, “there is no reason to own a weapon of war” vs “there is no reason to trophy hunt.

We certainly have. Your mind is made up & you'd rather not be confronted with logic.
Old 12-17-2017, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
Meat hunting: Game meat is about the most expensive protein on the planet. I don't know of anyone who doesn't try to get the most meat off the animal that they can. For any who don't see the logical self-interest of that, there are wanton waste laws that legally require you to salvage as much meat as is reasonably possible.

Sport Hunting: All hunting in the context of modern society is for sport. We do it because we enjoy it. Period. Full stop. The antis hate that we enjoy hunting and try to make some sort of distinction about "enjoying killing" - as if anyone would hunt if they didn't like it (see where they are going?) They are right about one thing however, for anyone not living in subsistence economy/culture, hunting is not necessary for survival. But they don't really want anyone to hunt for meat either. They just cannot currently gin up enough support to ban it. But they are working on it.

Trophy hunting: Once you have a tag, nearly everyone will try to get the biggest buck or bull they can, if only for the added challenge over taking the doe or the first fork horn you see. And the vast majority will in some manner display the head and/or antlers, horns or pelt. That is essentially trophy hunting. All legally pursued species are taken under a permit and quota system that puts the health of the species above hunting so there is no environmental threat in it. If you don't want to hunt a given species, then don't. That is your right. However, it is not your right to extend your preference and impose your arbitrary and personal morality on others engaged in a legal activities who happen to believe differently.

So meat hunting is sport hunting is trophy hunting. Its all the same thing balled up together. Don't buy in this phony divide-and-conquer argument that seeks draw fake distinctions solely to demonize one form of hunting in order to ban it, species by species, before turning their sights on the next form of hunting. We all know this strategy when it comes to gun bans. Its no different here.
You are quite mistaken. I'm not anti hunting for those who want to do it. I'm anti killing an animal just to hang its head on a dining room wall to impress your friends with your "bravery."
Old 12-17-2017, 5:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
We certainly have. Your mind is made up & you'd rather not be confronted with logic.
Logic? Youre the one allegic to logic. The facts are there is no need to hunt anything in modern america, but you've decided there are tiers of hunting based on arbitrary distinctions. You have no response to the fact that fees from trophy hunting pay 95% or so of expenses associated with rangers and orher wilflife protection. Without these fees, lions, rhinos and elephants are gone inside three years.

Your “logic” is a claim that some macho need is the only explanation for something you dont understand, so you attack their manhood.

Tell me more about the thing you call logic.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 12-17-2017, 5:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
You are quite mistaken. I'm not anti hunting for those who want to do it. I'm anti killing an animal just to hang its head on a dining room wall to impress your friends with your "bravery."
Its not your business what others do or why, nor is it your place to make up subjective reasons you think they do what they do, nor is it your place to claim the reason isnt good enough.

If someone started bloviating aboht why you do a particular hobby, i am confident you wouldn't be swayed by their position.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 12-18-2017, 8:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Yes we have. Leave the people alone.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Its not your business what others do or why, nor is it your place to make up subjective reasons you think they do what they do, nor is it your place to claim the reason isnt good enough.

If someone started bloviating aboht why you do a particular hobby, i am confident you wouldn't be swayed by their position.
No, I wouldn't be swayed. Because none of my hobbies cause needless suffering.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:31 AM
Doesn't Abide
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
none of my hobbies cause needless suffering.
I just read all the posts in this thread And I believe this statement to be false.
Old 12-18-2017, 3:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
No, I wouldn't be swayed. Because none of my hobbies cause needless suffering.
No, not because of that.

Who defines need? Tell me what suffering is “needed”. No deer needs to die to feed an AMerican, we have plenty of alternative food. But in your eyes, thats ok, you dont care about deer. Although there are more guys out to kill a trophy deer than the exotics.

But killing a deer doesn't cause any more suffering than shooting a trophy animal.

So no, despite your trite talking point, that’s not it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Citadelgrad87; 12-21-2017 at 12:00 PM..
Old 12-18-2017, 3:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Wrong. Demonstrably WRONG.

THERE IS A REASON TO TROPHY HUNT.

And I don't mean that someone wants to, and it's legal, so it's not up to you what anyone else does within these parameters. Though that IS a reason. Your declaration that there is no reason is as meaningful as someone who tells me there is no reason to own and AR rifle, a fast car, or a tailored suit.

No, I didn't mean any of that. I meant you should educate yourself before speaking. The trophy animals, all of them, rhinos, elephants, lion, ALL of them are targets of poachers so Chinese businessmen can get dick pills.

The reason they are not currently extinct is simple. Rich guys will pay big bucks to hunt specific, carefully chosen specimens chosen to ensure genetic diversity and maximum breeding. The money from these legal hunts goes DIRECTLY to hire game wardens who protect the viable breeding stock left over after the hunt. Well over 90% of the money that hires these wardens comes from hunters. Not photographers. Not Leo DiCaprio. Trophy hunters.

Stop trophy hunting, and you ENSURE that lions, rhinos, elephants are ALL EXTINCT in the wild inside a few years.

Period.
Many people who are against hunting in general will never even bother to see the benefit of hunting let alone so called "trophy hunting". It's all about feelings and ZERO facts.

they never ever bother mention that poaching is the true enemy of wildlife.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 12-18-2017, 3:57 PM

Mods please kill this thread. All numbered points about feelings have been addressed with actual FACTS about hunting. Has anyone ever seen a cow behind the steakhouse? I’m going to go kill something now...
Old 12-18-2017, 10:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
unless you can do it hand to hand. teeth to theeth.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saym14 View Post
unless you can do it hand to hand. teeth to theeth.
Obviously you have never gone bare hands with a giraffe.

It’s neck to neck, and it isn’t pretty.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 12-21-2017, 12:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osier77 View Post
I just read all the posts in this thread And I believe this statement to be false.
Boom. Headshot.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 12-22-2017, 8:43 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcstott View Post
...hell that happens in Texas let along 6000 miles away in Africa.
Way more than 6,000 miles to many places in Africa. I made that flight recently, before and after shooting a bunch of critters.
Old 03-07-2018, 4:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx20mm View Post
Because It's legal and some people enjoy doing it. SCI provides a huge influx of cash to Africa.
Nice knife.

Pronouns: "Dude" and "Playa".

https://billstclair.com/Unintended-Consequences.pdf

I was born under a wandrin star.
Old 03-07-2018, 4:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
That's awfully rich-white-american of you.

Ask the Africans who survive on that meat, that money, or that not-getting-eaten-by-the-tiger.
Old 03-07-2018, 4:34 PM
Veteran Member

At any rate,

That obigears elephant thing? easy come, easy go.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018...rophy-imports/

Pronouns: "Dude" and "Playa".

https://billstclair.com/Unintended-Consequences.pdf

I was born under a wandrin star.
Old 03-07-2018, 4:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

i wonder how these anti-hunting folks feel about halal meat.
Old 03-07-2018, 4:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
i wonder how these anti-hunting folks feel about halal meat.
As long as they are participating in the holy ritual of paying somebody else to do the icky part, they are fine with it.
Old 03-07-2018, 4:53 PM

There's a lot of people. One day we'll be able to hunt them.

NRA MEMBERSHIP

GOA MEMBERSHIP

Old 03-07-2018, 9:17 PM
Veteran Member

I don't kill animals, I just make them argue with liberals on calguns until they kill themselves.
Old 03-08-2018, 4:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Wrong. Demonstrably WRONG.
I meant you should educate yourself before speaking. The trophy animals, all of them, rhinos, elephants, lion, ALL of them are targets of poachers so Chinese businessmen can get dick pills.

The reason they are not currently extinct is simple. Rich guys will pay big bucks to hunt specific, carefully chosen specimens chosen to ensure genetic diversity and maximum breeding. The money from these legal hunts goes DIRECTLY to hire game wardens who protect the viable breeding stock left over after the hunt. Well over 90% of the money that hires these wardens comes from hunters. Not photographers. Not Leo DiCaprio. Trophy hunters.

Stop trophy hunting, and you ENSURE that lions, rhinos, elephants are ALL EXTINCT in the wild inside a few years.

Period.
Sadly, CitidelGrad has his FACTS right! Blame the Chinese (where the blame lies for the most part ) as well as the corrupt African governments.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-09-2018, 12:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Hypocritical? lots of hypocrisy in this thread. it seems to run rampant in liberals and socialists.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:30 AM

Totally understand your point OP. I don't hunt for trophy either. Nor would I pay for a guide. I sort of look at paying for a guide like paying for sex or fishing in a fish farm...I clearly value the "hunt" part of hunting, more than the ability to take home meat, but that is my choice and I would never force my values and morals on other people. That's why we have politics so *******s (D and R) can force all of us to behave like they do.

My advice to any of the fascists trying to ban anything whether it's AR-15's, alcohol, abortion, or weed...if you don't like those things, great don't buy them. There will always be parts of Freedom that will be uncomfortable to each of us, grow up and get over it.