Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 07-01-2013, 7:26 PM

Location: Just a peckerwood living in the mountains with too many guns

Got my anodized lowers this morning. Went to CNCmillguy's place this evening and finished them up. CNCmillguy is a good dude...if you're in the central valley, and need to finish your lower...he's the guy to see! Screw ares, now I can buy and mill my lowers all at the same place!
Old 07-03-2013, 8:29 PM

Anyone else get this standard response?

Hi,
Firstly I would like to apologize for any previous misinformation that you have received. We are learning a very valuable lesson that came at a very high price. When our manufacturers give us a time frame we have been far to trusting of it and have relayed exactly what we are being told to our customers.

The July 8 letter was not written by our company but was written by our supplier. I have spoken with him today and he is reassuring me that he will have us 10,000 lowers (half of the order we placed) by the 8th... I honestly dont believe a word that they are saying until it actually happens now though. I hope that he comes through and gets us the product that we have also already paid for WAY in advance but he has burned us already on his previous timeline so we will see.

A little background. This supplier with the 20,000 parts has been jerking us around on timelines like crazy. We should not have released any of the information that he gave us. We trusted that they would do as they promised. (we have a signed and notarized contract with a personal guarantee by the owner stating that he would deliver late may early June.)

The Ar10 situation: I had a meeting with an alternate supplier this week. This is a trusted source that consistently delivers and has came through for us on multiple projects in the past. We are tired of waiting on our existing supply line that has been consistently giving us the run around and price gouging the ever living crap out of us. We are going to try and get them into production in the next 30 days and are expecting a 30-45 day production time. I would add 2-3 weeks onto that for Snafu time as well.

I cannot apologize enough for the lack of communication and also for the misinformation that has been let out.

Thank you so much for your order. I appreciate your patience with us and I also completely understand your frustration.

-Dimitri
Old 07-03-2013, 9:06 PM

So now it's not even 20k lowers by July 8th, it's 10k. Which may or may not fill all the backorders then.

If they "have a signed and notarized contract" with the supplier to deliver by "late May early June", where were the lowers? Where's the lawsuit? Where's the mass refund? I'd rather the whole thing fall through and have to start over from square one than be ignored while they sit on their thumbs and listen to the phone ring all day. With my money in their pockets.

Six months of COMPLETE lack of communication is well past apologies. You can't try to convey a conscientious attitude without explaining why you just ignored every single inquiry for the last three months. Just saying you're sorry stops working after nobody gets a return call or email for a week.

Telecommunications disaster? One, even two full weeks to catch up with the backlog, fine. Natural disaster? I'm donating to the Red Cross and I hope you and your family are safe. Three months of locals posting that they walk into your storefront and everything looks fine? Refund everyone and close up your shop, you don't deserve to be in business.
Old 07-03-2013, 9:15 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'm assuming they are talking about Tactical Machining as the mystery supplier since TM was their main supplier before the craze hit

. This is what TM posted on Apr 29 on weaponsguild about their operations.

Quote:
Hey guys,
This is Jake from TM. I wanted to post an update on here to the WG community. I know there is a ton of demand on here for our products. As of right now, we are still super backed up on most everything we make.

To start, the AR-15 80's... As of right now, We're just under 18,000 pieces back ordered, Half of them big industry orders, & the other half of them being the "average guy" type orders. We estimate being caught up sometime in August on the un anodized 80's (anodized will be a solid 3+ weeks further out).

AR-15 Jig kits - We just did a big run on the jig kits. They are cut, and out to anodizing as I type this. I'm thinking it'll be about 2-3 weeks till we get them back, bushings pressed, and wrapped for shipping. Feel free to check with me in a week or two on those.

.308 (100%, 80%, uppers, jig kits) - I have NO ETA on any of this. We are so backed up with AR-15 orders, we haven't had a chance to even consider .308 stuff. We will be making them again, just no time in the immediate future.

10/22 (80%, 100%, & Jig Kits) - Again, this one is in the exact same boat as the .308,we have no ETA.

AR-15 Stripped lower receivers - Right now, we are super backed up on our standard TM-15 receivers. I don't have an estimated time frame for them, but feel comfortable saying it'll most likely be October / November before we get these in stock and be able to take individual orders.

As always, we know you all need stuff to keep you busy. We are working around the clock to get our orders filled. If you have any questions at all, feel free to get with me either on here, PM, or email at Jake@tacticalmachining.com

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 07-03-2013, 9:17 PM

I feel the same as you do. I told them if I don't get my lower sent to me on the 8th or 9th I want a refund. First they said I could get my lowers in April, then it was May, then it was June, and now it's July. I'm not going to wait any longer.
Old 07-04-2013, 9:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I'm assuming they are talking about Tactical Machining as the mystery supplier since TM was their main supplier before the craze hit

. This is what TM posted on Apr 29 on weaponsguild about their operations.
Its not TM. Should we not receive our 20,000 unit shipment by the end of this month. Which at that point is already way late. I am very seriously considering posting up this particular suppliers personal contact information and address for you guys.

At that point there is also a good chance we will also be filing suit.

Also Rob86... That was not an automated response. I hand typed that entire email for you. Edit: I have also called and left you a VM.

-Dimitri

War is Hell, Dress Appropriately!
www.aresarmor.com
aaron@aresarmor.com

Last edited by Ares Armor; 07-04-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 07-04-2013, 2:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares Armor View Post
I am very seriously considering posting up this particular suppliers personal contact information and address for you guys.
Your loyalty should be to your customers, not your suppliers. You can always get another supplier, but customers will always be harder to come by.
Old 07-04-2013, 2:58 PM

I just spoke with Dimitri with Ares Armor. As the new CEO he seems to be doing the best he can to help fix this cluster ****. He seems to care more than Mike who has been giving us the information and has been in charge. Dimitri seems like he has more business sense than Mike and I would ask everyone to give the guy a chance no matter how pist off you are. If you think I'm one of their puppets just check out my posts about what I have said about the company. Personally I would have liked to see the change happen months ago but none the less a change has been made at the top. Only time will tell if they continue making the necessary changes and show they value their customers. Dimitri called me twice and emailed me on the 4th of July. Not to many people would do that. I told Dimitri my conditions and if they are not met I'm getting my money back. Anyways I wish Dimitri the best and I would hate to be in the position he is in right now.
Old 07-04-2013, 3:00 PM

I really don't want to play blame game. Mike was doing the best that he could...
Old 07-04-2013, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Press Check View Post
Your loyalty should be to your customers, not your suppliers. You can always get another supplier, but customers will always be harder to come by.
I know your pist off but keep in mind that was the old CEO. Dimitri is the new CEO and told me that he is looking at another supplier.
Old 07-04-2013, 3:09 PM

As someone who has never ordered anything from Ares, but has seen a few threads on here regarding the process to receive items, has anyone placed an order and NOT received it, or is this a time frame issue?

WTB: Dan Wesson ECO .45; PM me
Old 07-04-2013, 3:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob86 View Post
I know your pist off but keep in mind that was the old CEO. Dimitri is the new CEO and told me that he is looking at another supplier.
Trust me, we will be still be having this conversation a month from now.
Old 07-04-2013, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
As someone who has never ordered anything from Ares, but has seen a few threads on here regarding the process to receive items, has anyone placed an order and NOT received it, or is this a time frame issue?
I placed a order on 1/14/13 and still have not received my order.
Old 07-04-2013, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Maybe for the AR-15's but I hope the AR-10's will be at least getting up to the production line.
Old 07-04-2013, 3:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Noted.

I will be out of the country for about a month. Maybe things will be different when I get back - we will see.

For many years I have been a shooter and hunter. I spend plenty of money on my Firearms, and all locally if I can do so.
I have plenty of firearms. Yet I enjoy the technical aspects of building them, and there is always something new and interesting to try. Smithing is a lot like wrenching on cars. Just a fun thing to do.
I live not 5 minutes from these guys and they would have every opportunity to get my money on a repeating basis if things were different.

Unfortunately, for the both of us, that is not the case.

We will see if this new Dimitri will get things squared away. He deserves a chance, but most certainly, not my trust. Not yet.

I don't know who got the idea that it was okay to take on orders for (according to your statements Dimitri) some 20,000 units of lowers and not have any in their actual possession.
I think the business model Ares has exhibited (selling product they don't have in their possession) is a very bad model. As a result I am not surprised to see Ares in this position.

Further, I feel that those that were promised a delivery date (even a vague one), deserve a refund if Ares cannot provide as promised.
Ethically (according to most) a business would refund the buyer.
Of course, Ares (apparently) cannot (or will not) do this (quite possibly because they don't have the capital to do so), and as a result are making things difficult for those that actually do want refunds (as exhibited by those posting similar situations).

The thought that Ares (Dimitri) would point the finger at the supplier is just not credible.
It is quite possible that, as Ares suggests, they do not have the product as a result of the supplier not producing.

While the failure of their supplier is unfortunate for Ares, the responsibility of the contract between Ares and the customer(taking the money and promising a product) lies with Ares - no matter the situation with their vendor.
Customarily, and as case law will show, If a product cannot be produced as promised, or even within a reasonable time after (many would not consider this delay reasonable), then the seller would refund the money if if other arrangements are not made. Particularly if the customer is actively asking for a refund.

Not suggesting the excerpt below is happening here, but this whole thing brought to mind the little history lesson below. (courtesy of moneymatters.com).

... On August 2, 1920, a Boston newspaper revealed the fraud and reported that Ponzi was hopelessly insolvent. Thousands of victims immediately demanded refunds. Ponzi paid as many as he could but exhausted his funds in a week. He then declared Bankruptcy. In bankruptcy, the court ordered all of the persons who had been paid by Ponzi during the life of the scheme to return the proceeds to the bankruptcy trustee, who distributed the money on a pro rata basis to all of the other victims. Ponzi was eventually convicted of fraud in both state and federal court and imprisoned for several years ...

Last edited by SloChicken; 07-04-2013 at 3:52 PM..
Old 07-04-2013, 4:05 PM

Here is the Statement by Dimitri from Ares Armor.

http://aresarmor.com/store/NewsArticle/AresArmorCEO
Old 07-04-2013, 4:29 PM

I could care less about all of the above.

All I know, is...... Myself and likely hundreds more have called COUNTLESS times, sent COUNTLESS emails, and tried social media to contact this company, only to get no reply. Most of these people have hundreds of dollars tied up in in Ares armor, with no product and NO CONTACT OR COMMUNICATION.

This company is, and always will be a ZERO in my eyes, and hopefully others. Furthermore, I hear their crappy commercial on the radio trying to drum up more business, on a weekly basis. Why are you advertising on public radio, trying to get more business, when you cant handle the last 6 months of business that is already paid for? Oh, that's right, because you already have our money.
Old 07-04-2013, 7:04 PM

CEO... Really??? What is this, a Fortune 500 company?

I own a small business - I guess I'm the CEO. As CEO, I established a policy where WE DON'T TAKE CUSTOMER'S MONEY UNTIL THE PRODUCT ACTUALLY SHIPS!!! A business practice that is followed by most LEGITIMATE businesses!

ARES -and your new CEO - Ship the product now, or refund payments, or face legal consequences!
Old 07-04-2013, 9:39 PM

Ordered dec 19th. No product yet

Nothing.

Who the hell signs and notarizes a document with such vague delivery terms as late May, early June. This is all such BS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 07-08-2013, 6:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloChicken View Post
Noted.

I will be out of the country for about a month. Maybe things will be different when I get back - we will see.

For many years I have been a shooter and hunter. I spend plenty of money on my Firearms, and all locally if I can do so.
I have plenty of firearms. Yet I enjoy the technical aspects of building them, and there is always something new and interesting to try. Smithing is a lot like wrenching on cars. Just a fun thing to do.
I live not 5 minutes from these guys and they would have every opportunity to get my money on a repeating basis if things were different.

Unfortunately, for the both of us, that is not the case.

We will see if this new Dimitri will get things squared away. He deserves a chance, but most certainly, not my trust. Not yet.

I don't know who got the idea that it was okay to take on orders for (according to your statements Dimitri) some 20,000 units of lowers and not have any in their actual possession.
I think the business model Ares has exhibited (selling product they don't have in their possession) is a very bad model. As a result I am not surprised to see Ares in this position.

Further, I feel that those that were promised a delivery date (even a vague one), deserve a refund if Ares cannot provide as promised.
Ethically (according to most) a business would refund the buyer.
Of course, Ares (apparently) cannot (or will not) do this (quite possibly because they don't have the capital to do so), and as a result are making things difficult for those that actually do want refunds (as exhibited by those posting similar situations).

The thought that Ares (Dimitri) would point the finger at the supplier is just not credible.
It is quite possible that, as Ares suggests, they do not have the product as a result of the supplier not producing.

While the failure of their supplier is unfortunate for Ares, the responsibility of the contract between Ares and the customer(taking the money and promising a product) lies with Ares - no matter the situation with their vendor.
Customarily, and as case law will show, If a product cannot be produced as promised, or even within a reasonable time after (many would not consider this delay reasonable), then the seller would refund the money if if other arrangements are not made. Particularly if the customer is actively asking for a refund.

Not suggesting the excerpt below is happening here, but this whole thing brought to mind the little history lesson below. (courtesy of moneymatters.com).

... On August 2, 1920, a Boston newspaper revealed the fraud and reported that Ponzi was hopelessly insolvent. Thousands of victims immediately demanded refunds. Ponzi paid as many as he could but exhausted his funds in a week. He then declared Bankruptcy. In bankruptcy, the court ordered all of the persons who had been paid by Ponzi during the life of the scheme to return the proceeds to the bankruptcy trustee, who distributed the money on a pro rata basis to all of the other victims. Ponzi was eventually convicted of fraud in both state and federal court and imprisoned for several years ...
The more this Dimitri opens his mouth on forums and other places, the more I believe that Ares is a joke and deserves to be closed and owners/managers jailed.
Old 07-08-2013, 8:18 AM

When I woke up this morning I still had faith in Ares, but their webpage is down! This could be temporary... but it scares the **** out of me. I have a lot of money on backorder.
Old 07-08-2013, 9:27 AM

Its back up!
Old 07-08-2013, 5:04 PM
Veteran Member

^^^really?
Old 07-08-2013, 5:26 PM
Veteran Member

I try hard to stay out of this thread, but the recent communication a friend had with Ares was they could upgrade his order for of course the price difference for the in stock item. He chose to get a refund and the statement was something to the effect of "i will process the order, but it'll be a few weeks because the person that processes the paperwork is out of town".

So there is no back up for this person?
Old 07-08-2013, 9:07 PM

What pisses me off, are all the idiots on this forum that read one decently written, apologetic letter from the company and immediately forget the last 7 months of BS they've been put through. It's disgusting how stupid people are and how quickly they forget.

Its also disgusting how this company finally admits to doing wrong, yet still gives customers a hard time with refunds(by either refusing, disputing with the cc company, or making customers threaten them in order to receive a refund.)
Old 07-08-2013, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyincali View Post
What pisses me off, are all the idiots on this forum that read one decently written, apologetic letter from the company and immediately forget the last 7 months of BS they've been put through. It's disgusting how stupid people are and how quickly they forget.

Its also disgusting how this company finally admits to doing wrong, yet still gives customers a hard time with refunds(by either refusing, disputing with the cc company, or making customers threaten them in order to receive a refund.)
This.

+10000000000000

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-08-2013, 9:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyincali View Post

Folks are far too forgiving around here. Really.
Old 07-09-2013, 9:12 AM

Ares was good to me on my refund I asked for 2 months ago. My credit card was cancelled due to fraud so they couldn't refund it to the card, theh cut me a check and I had it in the mail in 3 days.

Posted from my Saiga-12.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:01 PM
CGN Contributor

I ordered an 80% on 12-21-12 and I received it yesterday. I contacted Ares exactly once and that was last week when I read that orders placed after the 21st were being shipped. They said my order was logged as being received on the 31st. They acknowledged the error and shipped my 80% that day. Maybe I'm naive, but I never doubted that I would get it, and I wasn't in a hurry anyways because parts were so hard to find.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

I'm sure everyone expected a wait, but not an indefinite wait, and the fact that they deliberately failed to address customer inquiries resulted in this thread, and the damage to their reputation.
Old 07-09-2013, 6:54 PM

Still waiting...

Still a POS amateur company...
Old 07-13-2013, 8:57 AM
Veteran Member

Ares refusing refunds and closing tickets as "Resolved". This is an update to the post above. Originally told that a refund is on the way. Then sent this crap.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...6&postcount=99

Last edited by pitbull30; 07-13-2013 at 9:00 AM..
Old 07-13-2013, 9:54 AM

A sad as it may be, many of you fail to realize the reality of what is going on here. A small business (Ares) took and takes orders on a high demand product it buys from a vender that sells to many small business'. The vender asks for a deposit from Ares to hold a place in line for said product and in good faith Ares gives them your money as a deposit. ...your money is gone/spent regardless of the promise between any parties involved, call it a Ponzi scam or whatever (although not intended).

I know I will get beat for this, you guys bought something knowing there was going to be a long wait. Everyone and I mean everyone was/is buying from the same manufactures. Some of these manufactures fearing impeding legislation are NOT giving the finished product to the first customer in line, Ares and other similar stores but to the customer that squeaks the most, pays a premium or offers some benefit to the manufacture at the demise of others in line.

Ares made promises and broke them but I can assure you the new CEO is trying to make it right and keep his ship afloat.

If you guys do not cut him slack and is forced to file bankruptcy you will not get your product nor your money (the libs win that what they want another pro 2nd amendment store closed).

I waited 7 months for a JD lower after being promised it in 6-8 weeks and they make the darn things. When I ordered the lower I knew that if an AW ban took place DJ would not have the money to reimburse all the orders it was sitting on forcing them to file for bankruptcy. Like you I took a chance.

Good luck guys!

Note: I don't work for them or have any affiliation with them. I have been to Ares and understand their plight. I wish we could channel all this energy toward the real problem all these stupid California gun laws that have caused most of the frenzy which WE ARE ALL A PART OF! This post is cross posted on the other Ares thread.

Last edited by 5.56Geo; 07-13-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Old 07-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56Geo View Post
A sad as it may be, many of you fail to realize the reality of what is going on here. A small business (Ares) took and takes orders on a high demand product it buys from a vender that sells to many small business'. The vender asks for a deposit from Ares to hold a place in line for said product and in good faith Ares gives them your money as a deposit. ...your money is gone/spent regardless of the promise between any parties involved, call it a Ponzi scam or whatever (although not intended).

I know I will get beat for this, you guys bought something knowing there was going to be a long wait. Everyone and I mean everyone was/is buying from the same manufactures. Some of these manufactures fearing impeding legislation are NOT giving the finished product to the first customer in line, Ares and other similar stores but to the customer that squeaks the most, pays a premium or offers some benefit to the manufacture at the demise of others in line.

Ares made promises and broke them but I can assure you the new CEO is trying to make it right and keep his ship afloat.
That's no secret, and fairly common practice among smaller vendors, but the reality is, the bulk of the anger, frustration and allegations of wrongdoing were based on the deliberate lack of communication.

When you accept a payment for a product, then ignore email inquiries regarding the status of said order, this is what happens, period. If you don't have time to respond to each email individually or take calls, post updates on the website.

No one ordered expecting a quick turn-around, but no one expected to wait indefinitely.
Quote:
Some of these manufactures fearing impeding legislation are NOT giving the finished product to the first customer in line
What proof do you have to substantiate that statement? Suggesting that this was a 2A issue is ridiculous, and if that somehow was in fact the case, that should have been disclosed to the customers, not that I would believe a word of it to begin with.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56Geo View Post

If you guys do not cut him slack and is forced to file bankruptcy you will not get your product nor your money (the libs win that what they want another pro 2nd amendment store closed).

I waited 7 months for a JD lower after being promised it in 6-8 weeks and they make the darn things. When I ordered the lower I knew that if an AW ban took place DJ would not have the money to reimburse all the orders it was sitting on forcing them to file for bankruptcy. Like you I took a chance.

Good luck guys!

Note: I don't work for them or have any affiliation with them. I have been to Ares and understand their plight. I wish we could channel all this energy toward the real problem all these stupid California gun laws that have caused most of the frenzy which WE ARE ALL A PART OF! This post is cross posted on the other Ares thread.
Two things.
1) I ordered mid December, no notice about a 6+ month wait

2) It was the 'STFU we'll get to when we are done helping locals, our friends and anyone else we can get money from immediately. You're lucky we're willing to sell anything to you so just shut up and deal with it' attitude that pissed everyone off.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
What proof do you have to substantiate that statement? Suggesting that this was a 2A issue is ridiculous, and if that somehow was in fact the case, that should have been disclosed to the customers, not that I would believe a word of it to begin with.
I didn't imply Ares is doing this.

You only have a few foundry manufactures, like Cerro Forging and other foundries that make blank lowers for ALL AR/M4 companies of the world and I mean the world not just here in the USA.

These foundry's (Cerro Forging) have Tier Contracts with JD machine, Aero precision and others that finish and label the blank lowers. At times they (JD Machine type companies) have what is called a Tier 1, 2, 3, etc... buy in where they place a large first order (some being in the millions of dollars) and are guaranteed so many lowers a month and business relationship is born.

Here is where the 2A issue comes into play. The AW ban fear causes a frenzy and the demand for lowers increases the foundry can only make so many lowers to meet the demand and someone get jammed. The Tier 1 and Tier 2 customers rely on the business relationship they have with the foundry for their supply be it through an added buy in (more$$) or a promise that after the frenzy/AW ban the orders will still continue for some other type of forged product 1911 lowers or ??. Then all the Tier 3, Tier 4 customers (Ares) get kicked to the curb with an anemic supply of product to pass on the their customers.

If a foundry depends on lets say 50%+ of its income producing lower blanks and they hear about 2A laws may take that business away you better believe they are going to take care of the large Tier 1 customer and let the Ares of the world that buy maybe 1000 lower blanks at a time fend for them self.

Just my $ 0.02 and understanding of simple economics and how companies work, this doesn't just apply to lowers.

Last edited by 5.56Geo; 07-13-2013 at 12:30 PM..
Old 07-13-2013, 12:45 PM

As far as the mistreatment of customers and misleading dates of arrival there is NO excuse!

Ares painted themselves in a corner thinking it would get better and the frenzy would die down, it didn't. Remember we had two HUGE waves of set backs, the elections results and Sandy Cook.

Now the new CEO is trying to take care of business nothing criminal here they just got caught in the whirlwind and a ton of customers throwing there money at them.

What would you have done? ...closed your door when your supply was at "0"? It just became easier to string along the customers. The new CEO is trying to dig the company out of the hole, give him a chance.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:55 PM

This is a lesson on free market pricing. Remember all the people that insisted others not charge true market value. This thread is what happens when you stray from market value and pursue gimmicks.
Old 07-13-2013, 1:14 PM
Veteran Member

I love these kinda threads, they never seem to end. Can't wait for the Rocketthug threads to "deliver"

Love the explanations..."We may file suit" that really helps, gee thanks, now we feel better.

Even better...

Not taking care of pre-paid orders & having lowers "in stock" Now
THAT'S respect!
Old 07-13-2013, 4:13 PM

Give the guy a chance to rebuild the company and its reputation. From what I've read and seen Ares (with Dimitri) used to be awesome, everyone loved them and the build parties and whatnot.

Then Dimitri had to leave the company for personal reasons and the company went to **** under someone else's control. That person and anyone working under them are now gone from what I understand.

Dimitri is back and trying to rebuild the company's reputation and help customers the best he can.

You can hate what happened, sure, but to say its the same company and be skeptical of it just because its the same in name only now seems a bit odd.

Its a huge mess and it'll more than likely take a while to clean up....

Ahhh **** it, **** away... its easier, I guess.