Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-22-2013, 1:41 AM

Default Well regulated militia

Taking applications for well regulated militia.

BLM target practice shoot with:

1) AR-15, M16 rifle with 16", 20", 22", or 24" barrel
2) Side-arm pistol

PM picture of AR, brief introduction including age, profession, and reason for interest in forming well regulated militia.

Los Angeles area

Last edited by AceHound; 02-22-2013 at 3:33 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 2:08 AM
Calguns Addict

seriously? hold on let me send you a picture of my tinfoil hat.

in before the move or lock.

burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns

Last edited by mossy; 02-22-2013 at 2:12 AM..
Old 02-22-2013, 2:16 AM

IBTL please..
Old 02-22-2013, 4:17 AM

Oh ya IBTL...

That is what I want to do, send a complete stranger my picture, gun info and a bunch of other stuff. That seems legit.
Old 02-22-2013, 4:36 AM
Calguns Addict

guys it is completely legit there is no need for the fear or tin foil hats. i was called in for a follow up interview interview i even snapped a quick pic of the classy interview room just to show you it is safe. i cant talk about what happened or what questions were asked for obvious reasons, but i can tell you fun times were had promises were made and i will get a call in about a week. here is a pic of the interview room .

(if you dont recognize the room or couch you need to spend more time on the internet)

Last edited by mossy; 02-22-2013 at 4:39 AM..
Old 02-22-2013, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
guys it is completely legit there is no need for the fear or tin foil hats. i was called in for a follow up interview interview i even snapped a quick pic of the classy interview room just to show you it is safe. i cant talk about what happened or what questions were asked for obvious reasons, but i can tell you fun times were had promises were made and i will get a call in about a week. here is a pic of the interview room .

(if you dont recognize the room or couch you need to spend more time on the internet)
I don't recognize the couch, but I can only imagine dirty, dirty things have been done on it.

Also, IBTL.
Old 02-22-2013, 4:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmime1234 View Post
I don't recognize the couch, but I can only imagine dirty, dirty things have been done on it.

Also, IBTL.
it wasn't so bad, sure at first i was hesitant, but when they told me if i preformed well enough i could get a bump in pay i relaxed some. then they told me i could get a higher ranking position so i figured i am already in this situation i might as well go all the way and enjoy it.

Old 02-22-2013, 4:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceHound View Post

2) Side-arm pistol

PM picture of AR, brief introduction including age, profession, and reason for interest in forming well regulated militia.
BATFE?

DOJ?

Which agency are you with and why are you trying to fill your arrest quota online?

NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

"Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.
Old 02-22-2013, 4:57 AM

Im stupid, i dont know want the letter mean or the couch. yes, i don't spend much time on the net!
Old 02-22-2013, 5:06 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

What's with all the stigma on militias on here. Isn't it constitutional?

"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry.

Our Founders Views Regarding the 2nd Amendment - Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Old 02-22-2013, 5:10 AM

Between this and the strip club extortion thread, you're off to an awesome start here.
Old 02-22-2013, 5:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
Oh ya IBTL...

That is what I want to do, send a complete stranger my picture, gun info and a bunch of other stuff. That seems legit.
Old 02-22-2013, 5:26 AM
www.Buildyourownak.info
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

No need to send you any pics or information.
ALL able bodied men (and in my belief women too) between the ages of 16-45 ARE the militia.
I fit that catagory
We will be ready when/if the time comes.

I also believe that a actually forming a group that calls itself a 'militia' might get you in a bit of hot water (please correct me if I am wrong).

Now if you want to plan a 'fun shoot' on BLM land we have a sub-forum for those kind of events.

Oh, and why only ARs?
At your 'fun shoot' I may just show up and outshoot you iron sighted with an AK

Last edited by nicoroshi; 02-22-2013 at 5:28 AM..
Old 02-22-2013, 5:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
I think you could make a good argument that the formation of local militiae is constitutionally protected.

But the government (in all its branches) doesn't think so.

Forming a militia which actually trains even a little as a proper militia should - can get you a nice little felony conviction.

And trying to recruit to a group and calling it a "militia" is an extremely bad idea - even if all you actually do is perfectly legal target shooting (or study religious parables).

Leave this one alone like it is a highly radioactive pit of poisonous snakes about to be hit by air strikes and artillery bombardment. Really, really bad idea.

Last edited by OleCuss; 02-22-2013 at 5:35 AM..
Old 02-22-2013, 5:34 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoroshi View Post
I also believe that a actually forming a group that calls itself a 'militia' might get you in a bit of hot water (please correct me if I am wrong).
I know the OP is kinda of weird. But generally speaking, the mention of militia in this day and time has probably gotten a lot of stigma from bad people in the past.

Our founders spoke the word militia with not as much fear as I see here and elsewhere (even in the gun community).

Isn't it kind of on the same level with all the shootings and the right to bear arms. 20 years from now when someone mentioned they want a gun will our society snicker and say...."ohhhhh.....watch out for the Feds".

The whole reason we exist here (the gun community) is our founder's idea that the militia was important as a free state....that every citizen soldier (militia) had the right to keep and bear arms. Is it not?

The Second Amendment isn't a personal defense or hunting clause....is it?

"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry.

Old 02-22-2013, 5:37 AM

Quote:

I know where this is from

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-22-2013, 5:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleCuss View Post
I think you could make a good argument that the formation of local militiae is constitutionally protected.

Forming a militia which actually trains even a little as a proper militia should - can get you a nice little felony conviction.
If we don't change the heart's and minds, there are many things that the government doesn't think should be constitutionally protected that when we contribute to its evil stigma adds to the withering of constitutional rights.

Militia today, guns tomorrow, free speech.....??

Old 02-22-2013, 5:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I know the OP is kinda of weird. But generally speaking, the mention of militia in this day and time has probably gotten a lot of stigma from bad people in the past.

Our founders spoke the word militia with not as much fear as I see here and elsewhere (even in the gun community).

Isn't it kind of on the same level with all the shootings and the right to bear arms. 20 years from now when someone mentioned they want a gun will our society snicker and say...."ohhhhh.....watch out for the Feds".

The whole reason we exist here (the gun community) is our founder's idea that the militia was important as a free state....that every citizen soldier (militia) had the right to keep and bear arms. Is it not?

The Second Amendment isn't a personal defense or hunting clause....is it?
The problem is that the state and federal government have effectively re-defined the concept of the militia. The courts have gone along with this (as has much of the pro-RKBA movement).

This pays some dividends to us and may eventually lead to robust militiae, but for right now the militia as understood by our founding fathers is effectively dead.

I'm one of the few on the forum who believe that the fundamental RKBA is tied to militia service and that the two cannot be reasonably de-linked.

But since the two have been unreasonably de-linked, the RKBA is now a very individual right and this should result in a more robust RKBA in the long run.

If it is anyone's strategy, I would agree strongly with the idea of first pursuing the concept of the individual RKBA and later resurrecting the idea of a robust and well-regulated militia. Both more likely to be successful and more likely to result in a full expression of our civil rights.
Old 02-22-2013, 5:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
If we don't change the heart's and minds, there are many things that the government doesn't think should be constitutionally protected that when we contribute to its evil stigma adds to the withering of constitutional rights.

Militia today, guns tomorrow, free speech.....??
Strategy, my friend. Strategy.

Our rights have been gradually eroded over the decades and centuries. We will only recover them gradually as well - unless there is an armed revolution (and that is a thought which is extremely unattractive).
Old 02-22-2013, 5:45 AM

Nice "casting" couch!
Old 02-22-2013, 5:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I'm one of the few on the forum who believe that the fundamental RKBA is tied to militia service and that the two cannot be reasonably de-linked.
Yup....I guess I'm in that minority.

Quote:
Strategy, my friend. Strategy.

Our rights have been gradually eroded over the decades and centuries. We will only recover them gradually as well - unless there is an armed revolution (and that is a thought which is extremely unattractive).
+1. That's why I'm a big fan of Ron Paul spreading the pro-liberty message to the younger generations.

Hearts and minds.

Old 02-22-2013, 6:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabesimpson View Post
Nice "casting" couch!
I don't know the room, but was thinking this same thing!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 8:05 AM

I think the funniest part about people wanting to form militias is that they don't realize that any well-regulated militia that ever existed was never guaranteed any rights by the 2nd amendment.

There is no privilege to keep and bear arms.

Arms are for killing people. All other uses of an arm are illegitimate uses.
Old 02-22-2013, 8:26 AM

Quote:
I believe militias are illegal in California (big surprise).
Old 02-22-2013, 8:29 AM

Quote:

There is no job. haha
Old 02-22-2013, 8:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

Forming a militia which actually trains even a little as a proper militia should - can get you a nice little felony conviction...

Serious question: Do you have a link for the law that makes training "as a proper militia" a crime?
Old 02-22-2013, 8:50 AM

Soooooooooo now you have to have an AR Rifle to be part of the "Well Regulated Militia"?
What if I only had an M-1 carbine or an SKS or AK, maybe an FAL?
We are not eligible to join?
Is there any caliber restrictions, does it have to be a .556 what if someone has an AR but it is in 300 black out or 6.8 creedmore are they good to go?
Old 02-22-2013, 8:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyhabts26 View Post
Soooooooooo now you have to have an AR Rifle to be part of the "Well Regulated Militia"?
What if I only had an M-1 carbine or an SKS or AK, maybe an FAL?
We are not eligible to join?
Is there any caliber restrictions, does it have to be a .556 what if someone has an AR but it is in 300 black out or 6.8 creedmore are they good to go?
hey, this militia is racist. I retract my application from this militia.
Old 02-22-2013, 8:59 AM

If you're antsy to join a militia then go here:
http://socal-militia.com/index.html

I can't find the state law regarding militia, but yeah, it's effectively illegal.
Originally Posted by stix213
I'll worry about Hannibal Lecter having too many rights when the rest of us get ours in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dave View Post
Any American who isn't on a government watch list should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 02-22-2013, 9:00 AM

I'm a one man militia.
Old 02-22-2013, 9:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmime1234 View Post

Also, IBTL.
It looks suspiciously like a couch one might use to... interview someone. Maybe someone like an actor. This interview might be an attempt to "cast" someone into a live action film. I wonder if there is a job waiting for the lucky interviewee....
Old 02-22-2013, 9:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
It looks suspiciously like a couch one might use to... interview someone. Maybe someone like an actor. This interview might be an attempt to "cast" someone into a live action film. I wonder if there is a job waiting for the lucky interviewee....
there is no job.
Old 02-22-2013, 9:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Charm View Post
there is no job.
Oh... that poor interviewee. I wonder if the person being interviewed is aware of that before hand. I would imagine said interviewee is probably willing to give a display of all applicable skills in the interview... probably puts a lot of extra effort in to get the part too....
Old 02-22-2013, 9:23 AM

Quote:

Did you have to bring your own uhhhh....... lube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillAllGuns View Post
Black color scheme makes the bullets more deadly.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member

i dont get this couch thing.. what am i missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
we never had the problems in CA till the whiteys took over. We used to hunt, fish, roam, then they showed up and wanted to be civilized.............Ruined it for everyone!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Charm View Post
There is no job. haha
I don't know what's better, the fact people don't know where this is from or the fact that I'm no longer the only one who HAS seen this series

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Two things come to mind in this thread

Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:

2) Side-arm pistol

Enjoy your "quality time" with Bubba. Don't forget some lube.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...000&file=11460

PENAL CODE
SECTION 11460
11460. (a) Any two or more persons who assemble as a paramilitary
organization for the purpose of practicing with weapons shall be
punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one year
or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by
both that fine and imprisonment.
As used in this subdivision, “paramilitary organization” means an
organization which is not an agency of the United States government
or of the State of California, or which is not a private school
meeting the requirements set forth in Section 48222 of the Education
Code, but which engages in instruction or training in guerrilla
warfare or sabotage, or which, as an organization, engages in rioting
or the violent disruption of, or the violent interference with,
school activities.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-Hon. Alex Kozinski (Silvera v Lockyer, 2003)
Old 02-22-2013, 10:36 AM

PM'd, when do I get my uniform?
I am a professional. I always aim true whether firing single rounds or full automatic. I know neither fatigue nor failure. I would take pride in my work but for one thing, I do not know my target. I am not the one that kills. That distinction belongs to the man who pulls my trigger. I am an assault rifle. My name is Kalashnikov.

DANGEROUS FREEDOM > PEACEFUL SLAVERY
Old 02-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskieShooter View Post
Enjoy your "quality time" with Bubba. Don't forget some lube.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...000&file=11460

PENAL CODE
SECTION 11460
11460. (a) Any two or more persons who assemble as a paramilitary
organization for the purpose of practicing with weapons shall be
punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one year
or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by
both that fine and imprisonment.
As used in this subdivision, “paramilitary organization” means an
organization which is not an agency of the United States government
or of the State of California, or which is not a private school
meeting the requirements set forth in Section 48222 of the Education
Code, but which engages in instruction or training in guerrilla
warfare or sabotage, or which, as an organization, engages in rioting
or the violent disruption of, or the violent interference with,
school activities.

thanks I was looking for that to post for OP
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764