Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 05-28-2013, 4:15 PM

Default BERDOO COUNTY: Gun buy-back planned Saturday

http://www.pe.com/local-news/san-ber...d-saturday.ece

San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputies and officers from 10 police departments across the county will trade gift cards for guns on Saturday, June 1.

The effort, aimed at getting guns off the street, is being financed with funds from Prop. 30, a school public safety measure passed in 2012.
While some local agencies have held gun buy-backs in the past, Saturday’s event will be the first coordinated effort involving the 11 agencies on the same day, sheriff’s spokeswoman Jodi Miller said.

A $50 Stater Bros. gift card will be exchange for inoperable weapons. Gift cards of up to $100 will be exchanged for hand guns, shotguns or rifles. Gift cards of up to $200 will be exchanged for assault weapons.
Weapons should be unloaded and transported in the trunk or rear area of a vehicle, a Sheriff’s Department news release said. There is no limit to the number of firearms that can be turned in no questions asked by individuals.

View Gun buyback locations in a larger map
The buy-back stations will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the following locations:
Barstow police will collect guns at the Cora Harper Community Center, 841 Barstow Road in Barstow.

Chino, Montclair, Ontario and Upland police will collect guns in the Stater Bros. parking lot at 919 N. Mountain Ave. in Upland.

Colton, Fontana and Rialto police will collect guns in the Stater Bros. parking lot at 571 E. Foothill Blvd. in Rialto.

Redlands police will collect guns at the Stater Bros. parking lot at 11 E. Colton Ave. in Redlands.

The Sheriff’s Department will collect guns at the Stater Bros. parking lot at 15235 Hook Blvd. in Victorville.

San Bernardino police will collect guns at the Stater Bros. parking lot at 444 E. Baseline in San Bernardino.

http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov
Old 05-28-2013, 6:58 PM
Calguns.net Shooting Team

Well, as has been posted elsewhere, I thought SBC was outta $$$? And who determines "inoperable"?

Scott
Old 05-28-2013, 7:31 PM

thanks for the heads up. I might check out the redlands, rialto, upland or sbc, depending on which one I'm near that day
Old 06-02-2013, 10:52 AM

Damnit man, saw this too late. Any intel on when there might be a repeat event? I'd really like to convince someone to sell me their 'assault weapon' by offering more than 200 cash.

- V
Old 06-15-2013, 11:11 PM

County is so broke I wonder if the PD is going to issue the turned in weapons to their officers.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyucbr View Post
County is so broke I wonder if the PD is going to issue the turned in weapons to their officers.
City is broke, county is just fine.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboosh View Post
City is broke, county is just fine.
That's what I meant City

What happened to the recall the mayor thing?