Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 07-10-2012, 1:11 PM

Just got it, took it apart, cleaned, oiled and greased. Will be shooting it at the range later. Also, no CA engraved/written on my slide. Took me a while to realize that you don't have the slide locked open when taking it apart. Oops. =\
Old 07-10-2012, 2:29 PM

Location: Mesa AZ - Socal - Riverside/Temecula/Menifee/Hemet/Murrieta/ (951)

nice, how are you liking it so far? yeah it sounds like a whole lot of people have the same model, i havent taken mine apart yet but have read the manual, im waiting until i pick up my GP100 so that i can test both handguns when i go shooting next time
"Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me. Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me."
Old 07-10-2012, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachT951 View Post
^ dude youll love it ive messed with mine like everyday since i got it
Yep me too!! Just put a Viridian Green C5 laser on it! Gonna zero that in at the range this weekend.. Love how the 22 has an expensive laser on the rail and my custom Sig 1911 has a cheapo sightmark red laser on it.lol. I really like the M&P22!
Old 07-10-2012, 3:20 PM

^hahahaha yeah well the better product usually goes on the gun that is used most, when i take it out ill do a full report on ammo, how it functions, any FTF/FTE's, wear, appeal to others, recoil, use,accuracy, and reliability and anything else that i come across, im really looking forward to shooting this and comparing to the GSG1911 & the SIG MOSQUITO, i dont have the walther but i have shot one and it felt great and i ran about 100 rounds with 0 problems of any kind, anywho im rambling on but ill post up my finding and results
"Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me. Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me."
Old 07-10-2012, 8:38 PM

Quick break down

PROS:

1. Works. Only 1 fail to feed out of 500 and I think that was actually the ammo/magazine's fault.
2. Pretty accurate. I was hitting at 50 feet pretty easily. Spread was maybe 4-6".
3. Full size, I hate how the other ones like SR22 and P22 are so tiny.
4. Repeating number 1. Reliable.

CONS:
1. Slide is still light and feels like a toy every time I rack it.
2. I actually got bored of shooting today.... Never happened before... I think it had to do with less recoil and the fact that I shot 500 rounds in an hour?

Last edited by mc21; 07-11-2012 at 7:03 AM..
Old 07-11-2012, 12:59 PM

"CONS:
1. Slide is still light and feels like a toy every time I rack it.
2. I actually got bored of shooting today.... Never happened before... I think it had to do with less recoil and the fact that I shot 500 rounds in an hour? "

^yeah id say because you shot it so much thats happend to me before especially when you only have one mag, i cant wait to shoot all 3 and compare them
Old 07-24-2012, 4:04 PM

Ok so i took the m&p out today and alls i can say is wow! what a great gun, I shot about 300 rounds through it with 0 problems due to the gun, now we did have a little issue with the gun when i had 2 new people to guns shoot it but it turns out that they were very easily pulling the trigger and holding it and for some reason that was keeping it from cycling properly, I told the other 2 people how to shoot it more properly and that fixed it, so overall i think its a great gun, one other thing that kind of bugged me was that the magazine has the loading guide on the right side and is kind of weird but got use to it. I only had 3 types of ammo i ran through it and it ran 100% with CCI Blazer, CCI mini mag, and federal auto match, i just remembered that i bought CCI stingers but i forgot all about them and they were at the bottom of my range bag, I got to say im super impressed with this 22, everything about it is great, from the finish,reliability, cheap ammo, i even really like the deep cuts on the slide and how they get bigger which makes it that much easier to reload, I would definately reccomend this gun to anyone wanting a 22 pistol, way more reliable than the mosquito, and it ran a bit smoother than the GSG 1911, the GSG did have a few more jams then expected but i do really think that its from the mini mag ammo i used, the ammo was like 15+ years old and it had some wear on it, Im going to write up a full review when i take it out again when they are all clean and I have new ammo. If anyone has any questions about and of the 3 22's ive talked about go ahead and send me a message all 3 of them have been pretty good and reliable for the most part, but I have to say that the m&p 22 takes the gold

#1 M&P 22 Pistol
#2 GSG 1911 22 Pistol
#3 Sig Sauer Mosquito

If I were a new buyer this is the order I would go in if i were to buy any of these 3
Old 07-24-2012, 4:09 PM

Default M&P 22 Pistol

I can't find one and I'm being told they're not available yet?
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Old 07-24-2012, 7:33 PM

yeah they are available, the store i got it from had a few, and there are a lot of other people on here that have them as well, just do an internet search or go to gunbroker.com and look for a CA model or use the FFLFinder on the right and browse some of the stores near you
Old 07-24-2012, 8:05 PM

Default S&W M&P 22 sku 122002

Been tryin bro, I'm in San Diego and all I hear is end of July or august.
Even heard that from Smith&Wesson too. Waiting patiently.
Old 07-24-2012, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoD View Post
Been tryin bro, I'm in San Diego and all I hear is end of July or august.
Even heard that from Smith&Wesson too. Waiting patiently.
Cant even find a CA model on Gunbroker. Tried for weeks.
Old 07-25-2012, 8:40 AM

wow i didnt realize that they were in that high of demand, just keep looking is all you can do man, i guess i got lucky, but I personally would say that they are worth the wait
Old 07-27-2012, 7:28 AM

Quote:
wow i didnt realize that they were in that high of demand, just keep looking is all you can do man, i guess i got lucky, but I personally would say that they are worth the wait
I think we picked them up when they just got on the roster here in CA so now that people and stores know they can be sold they are flying off the shelves!
Old 07-27-2012, 2:21 PM

Does anyone know of a place in the bay area that has any in stock??? Trying to find one for my son.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
I think we picked them up when they just got on the roster here in CA so now that people and stores know they can be sold they are flying off the shelves!

yeah your probably right i stumbled upon the one i got by dumb luck really, was looking for a 357 revolver and i started looking at 22 pistol when i went in to the gun store and i just thought the m&p looked awesome even when i compared it to the m&p9
Old 08-01-2012, 4:06 PM

If you got it from parallax tactical, you should probably give them a call. Just a heads up.
Old 08-01-2012, 4:55 PM

Quote:
yeah your probably right i stumbled upon the one i got by dumb luck really, was looking for a 357 revolver and i started looking at 22 pistol when i went in to the gun store and i just thought the m&p looked awesome even when i compared it to the m&p9
Hahaha! I went in for a Pock-it Cleaning kit for my 92FS and was like, I got to have it!! LOL
Old 08-02-2012, 1:49 PM

I changed the rear sights out on mine for a set off it's bigger brother. I like it a lot better now. I didn't know they were hard to get. Walked into my local shop, asked for one and there it was. I've had it for 5 or 6 weeks now. The magazines are tricky to find, but I've rounded up 4 more so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1229.jpg (92.8 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1230.jpg (93.2 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by VintageDUG; 08-02-2012 at 1:51 PM..
Old 08-02-2012, 2:30 PM

Default M&P 22 Cali pistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc21 View Post
If you got it from parallax tactical, you should probably give them a call. Just a heads up.

Rasin frats! I asked them to call me when they got them in!
Dang it..... Now I'm hearing none for 18 weeks? First S&W told me end of August ,so who knows now.
Old 08-05-2012, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Hahaha! I went in for a Pock-it Cleaning kit for my 92FS and was like, I got to have it!! LOL
yeah i was the same way, who knew that they would sell out so fast and that they were in such high demand, i guess we got lucky hahaha, and for those who dont have one, you are missing out. It is the best 22 cal pistol out there better than the mosquito, gsg 1911, and walther 22, this gun rocks, if i had the $ I would buy another one
Old 08-05-2012, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoD View Post
Rasin frats! I asked them to call me when they got them in!
Dang it..... Now I'm hearing none for 18 weeks? First S&W told me end of August ,so who knows now.
18 weeks? wow thats a long time from now, that puts it right around christmas so they will sell out real fast again, better get put on a waiting list on be looking on the market place everyday
Old 08-09-2012, 12:44 PM

Picked up a ISSC M22 at Turners for 299.00 instead of waiting 5 months.
Also saved 100 bucks.
Old 08-09-2012, 3:11 PM

I created a thread on turners vendor site for a group buy just like M&P shield groyp buy. Shoot.. why not and it's worth a try. Sign up, just copy and paste and number accordingly if you guys and gals are interested. The m&p.22 is definitely my next toy to purchase, just playing the waiting game now.
Old 08-09-2012, 3:18 PM

DinoD #1
Old 08-10-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
A friend of mine bought one of these this year when they first came out. Very nice 22. That thing was very reliable even with the cheapest ammo you could buy. That thing would eat anything. Good buy
That versatility is big with me. An excellent trainer for the bigger caliber Semi Auto Polymer Pistols.

Think of all the benefits you get at lower cost that translate over to 9mm, 40SW, and 45 ACP.

Let us know how that MP22 does on the range when you get it.

Congratulations
Old 08-10-2012, 2:56 PM

The M+P 22 is a good pistol and worth it's cost. Longer barrel, better trigger than Ruger SR22.

Another great 22 pistol that gets little attention is the Sig p226 classic in 22lr. Identical frame to centerfire P226, same great Sig trigger and ergonomics, and you can buy your choice of centerfire slide and barrel and use it on the same frame.

Downside of course is it is probably not on roster so I guess in CA only LE's get that chance. Basically, if you every can grab a Sig P226 or P229 used as face to face transfer than do it. It is a great pistol and very modular in sense that once you buy the frame you can add upper assemblies for whatever your preference of caliber is.
Old 08-12-2012, 5:30 PM

WHat about San Francisco Bay Area??? Anyone seen one around? Looking for one ASAP!
The US Declaration of Independence: "when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Governments."
Old 08-14-2012, 5:15 AM

My LGS wants $460 for one. He told me he'll cut me a deal for $420 if I paid cash.. It is tempting but I don't really want to spend that much on a .22LR pistol.
Old 08-14-2012, 8:58 PM
Veteran Member

BTW, Winchester came out with M22 bulk ammo. Looking at the stats it's comparable to CCI Mini-Mag, but cheaper. About $43 per 1000 rounds.

The M&P 22 is definitely on my list, since I have a Vtac 40 and a full size 45. Just moved to the OC from Nevada.

For those looking for a 22 pistol, yes, there are cheaper alternatives out there that are quite good (GSG 1911/22, or the ATI version, or the Sig version... same gun). If you already own a larger caliber M&P, the M&P 22 is a great practice gun to any of its bigger brothers. Pricey? it's all relative. Gotta pay to play.

Last edited by fmunk; 08-14-2012 at 9:05 PM..
Old 08-17-2012, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebert View Post
My LGS wants $460 for one. He told me he'll cut me a deal for $420 if I paid cash.. It is tempting but I don't really want to spend that much on a .22LR pistol.
420 is the MSRP price, which is reasonable considering high demand.
Now, what's the store name?
Old 08-18-2012, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidimus View Post
420 is the MSRP price, which is reasonable considering high demand.
Now, what's the store name?
Funniest thing. Went back the other day and was ready to offer them $400 cash for it and there was a pricetag on it for $399. Needless to say I snatched it up. They had 2 left that day. This was at Peninsula Guns and Tactical in San Bruno.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:48 PM

I shot a rental and thought id become annie oakley. I switched back to my hp22a and went back to mediocrity.
I have my eye on a sr22 but if I wanted full size 22 id get one in a heartbeat, especially if I had a 9mm m+p.
Old 08-19-2012, 5:34 AM

Default M&P 22

I gave up looking after an email from S&W said no shipments for 5 months
so I picked up the ISSC M22 Glock replica .22
Old 08-19-2012, 2:13 PM

Dang. 5 months from when?
Old 08-19-2012, 8:12 PM

5 Months??? Yikes.. Why the delay I wonder?
Old 08-19-2012, 8:36 PM
Veteran Member

Election year leads to high demand. Withhold shipping or production, drive demand even higher.

High demand = high prices = higher profit.

Just a guess...
Old 08-19-2012, 9:22 PM

DROS'd my M&P22 yesterday in Burbank after ordering it last weekend. Held it in my hand, it was nice.
5/25/21: Request for interview
6/03/21: Interview completed and Livescan submitted w/CA and FBI completed
6/14/21: Firearms Livescan: completed
8/16/21: Request to complete firearms training
8/22/21: Gun training completed/Certs submitted
10/11/21: Call to pickup
10/13/21: CCW permit picked up
Old 08-19-2012, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimster716 View Post
DROS'd my M&P22 yesterday in Burbank after ordering it last weekend. Held it in my hand, it was nice.
If you dont mind sharing. Which store in Burbank and what did it run you ?
Old 08-20-2012, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxkat View Post
Dang. 5 months from when?
This is the person who contacted me from Smith&Wesson
SRoach@smith-wesson.com
Old 08-20-2012, 6:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odslim View Post
If you dont mind sharing. Which store in Burbank and what did it run you ?
Guns Direct. $470-something OTD.
5/25/21: Request for interview
6/03/21: Interview completed and Livescan submitted w/CA and FBI completed
6/14/21: Firearms Livescan: completed
8/16/21: Request to complete firearms training
8/22/21: Gun training completed/Certs submitted
10/11/21: Call to pickup
10/13/21: CCW permit picked up