Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 06-26-2019, 5:06 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Default NOTE: All COE initial apps and renewals must be done through CFARS starting 7/1/2019

No more paper forms or paper renewals. You must use CFARS to submit a COE application or process a COE renewal.

11 C.C.R. 4033(a)
https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...gs-031019.pdf?

Quote:
4033. California Firearms Application Reporting System; Account Requirements.

(a) COE applications shall be filed electronically using the Department’s California Firearms
Application Reporting System (CFARS), at the following website:
https://cfars.doj.ca.gov/login.do.

(b) Applicants shall create an account to use CFARS. To create a CFARS account, COE
applicants shall agree to the following conditions of use:
  • (1) Non-Liability: the Department is not responsible for, and will have no liability for,
  • any hardware, software, information, or other items or any services provided by any
  • persons other than the Department. Except as may be required by law, in no event shall
  • either party be liable to the other or any third party, under any theory of liability, including,
  • but not limited to, any contract or tort claim for any cause whatsoever, for any indirect,
  • incidental, special, or consequential damages, including loss of revenue or profits, even if
  • aware of the possibility thereof.
  • (2) Authorization: the applicant is authorized to use CFARS for the purpose of reporting
  • firearm information to the Department and/or submitting and managing a Certificate of
  • Eligibility in order to comply with California firearm laws and regulations. If the applicant
  • becomes aware of an unauthorized user obtaining access to the applicant’s CFARS
  • account, the applicant will notify the Bureau of Firearms immediately at (916) 227-7527, or
  • via email at: firearms.bureau@doj.ca.gov.
  • (3) Fees: notwithstanding such notification, the applicant agrees the Department shall not
  • be liable for transaction charges fraudulently incurred. It will be the applicant’s
  • responsibility to pay any charges. The Department will not provide refunds after the
  • submission of a transaction.
  • (4) True and Accurate Information: all of the information the applicant submits to the
  • Department through CFARS shall be true, accurate, and complete to the best of the
  • applicant’s knowledge.

(c) The following information shall be provided by the applicant to create a CFARS account:
  • (1) Full Name
  • (2) Email Address
  • (3) Three Security Questions and Answers
  • (4) Password
Note: Authority cited: Section 26710, Penal Code. Reference: Sections 12101, 12756, and
12757, Health and Safety Code; Sections 16410, 16800, 26525, 26585, 26700, 26705, 26710,
26915, 26970, 27200, 27535, 27670, 27966, 28450, 29050, 29120, 30312, 30314, 30347, 30370,
and 31700, Penal Code.

Old 06-27-2019, 5:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

My COE expires on July 18th. I renewed about three week ago and was glad to find it kept the same renewal date. That is, renewing early didn't establish a new, earlier renewal date. Approval took about 2 days.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Last time my COE was going to expire, I tried to renew through CFARS. My password had timed out so I went through the steps laid out on CFARS site. I get to the step where the site emails me a link for a temp password to get in and reset a new password. The link they emailed me would not work. I tried on different PC's and same thing. The link would not work. No clicky…

I used the paper form, mailed it in with a $22 check and in about 2 weeks my renewed COE was in my hand...

I guess I will need to try and get my account working as my COE will expire in October...