Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2019, 9:46 PM
Veteran Member

Default SB360. Sacrament of Confession. Protected.

Folks,

Jerry Hill a representative from the Bay Area (surprise). Has withdrawn a bill that would have made Priests divulge under criminal penalty, any confessed information. That had to do with abuse, physical, verbal, sexual.
The Sacrament of Confession is a pillar, a sacred pillar of our church. The *******s in Sacramento seem to think that the can stick their LBGTXYZ agenda into all aspects of Christian Life. We Catholics have spoken, along with others of different faiths. A2
Old 07-11-2019, 10:05 PM

Priests are already mandated reporters. How would this have changed anything?
Old 07-11-2019, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

eta34,

This bill would have removed the exemption of statements made during Confession. A2
Old 07-11-2019, 10:53 PM

So if a parishioner confesses to sexually abusing a child during confession, a priest isnít required to report that? And Catholics support that? Why?
Old 07-11-2019, 11:15 PM

Yeah, this one should have stayed. Even if you believe that confession eliminates the spiritual repercussions of your actions (it doesn't), it doesn't negate the earthly consequences. Moreover, it perpetuates the victimization of those being abused, hardly the protection of the weak that scripture teaches.
Old 07-12-2019, 6:57 PM
Calguns Addict

That's bullsh*t. Why in the h311 are you celebrating priests protecting pedophiles/predators? Are you happy with pedophile persist using their position to escape punishment? Do you support the church covering up sexual abuse? I know I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Not at all. Trump is a loser and will lose amazingly on Tuesday. It's going to be so big, we are all going to be sick and tired of how much he loses on Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Nah, no sense in replying to the personal attacks/baiting.
Old 07-13-2019, 2:02 PM

The priest-penitent privilege is a foundational legal privilege in American common law. It is similar to the marital privilege, and the attorney-client privilege.

It is certainly fair to debate the legitimacy and effect of a confessional privilege, but keep in mind almost no one would go to confessional if it was not privileged.

There is also a strong argument that this private space is too important to individual Christian salvation to destroy it by making it subject to invasion by subpoena.

No one wants a murderer or child molester to walk the streets freely, but destroying the confessional privilege will likely not make the world a better place.

It would also harm the authority of churches and priests, and make almost impossible a foundational practice of the Christian religion, which has 1st amendment free exercise of religion implications.

Not as simple an issue as it might appear.
Old 07-14-2019, 5:46 PM

Is there there some historical animosity between Catholics and Buddhists that I'm unaware of?
It seems like Mossy never misses an opportunity to go after the church.

AS I HAVE STATED PREVIOUSLY EAT **** AND DIE COWARD!
Old 07-15-2019, 12:55 PM

[QUOTE=Lucca;23208174]Is there there some historical animosity between Catholics and Buddhists that I'm unaware of?

Lucca,

You may want to consider rewording this. Pople who talk like this to others in DoF don't last very long. See the sticky at the top of the discussion.
Old 07-15-2019, 4:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucca View Post
Is there there some historical animosity between Catholics and Buddhists that I'm unaware of?

so you are in favor of protecting pedophiles and covering up sexual abuse........
but i'm the ungodly heathen who's going to he11.

Quote:
Not at all. Trump is a loser and will lose amazingly on Tuesday. It's going to be so big, we are all going to be sick and tired of how much he loses on Tuesday.
Quote:
Old 07-15-2019, 7:44 PM

So you’re in favor of the Buddhist run concentration camps that Muslims are being forced into in China?
Old 07-16-2019, 5:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
So you’re in favor of the Buddhist run concentration camps that Muslims are being forced into in China?
Lol, think you got some bad Intel there. China hates Buddhism, the camps you are talking about are run by the government. Before they sent Muslims there, the camps were used to hold Tibetan Buddhists.

https://www.voanews.com/south-centra...w-used-uighurs

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by mossy; 07-16-2019 at 5:45 AM..
Old 07-16-2019, 4:52 PM

But I’m only using your logic. I perceive China to be Buddhist therefore Buddhists must be responsible for bad things that happen there.
Old 07-16-2019, 5:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
But Iím only using your logic. I perceive China to be Buddhist therefore Buddhists must be responsible for bad things that happen there.
instead of taking a stance on the subject and offering some reason why you take this stance like everyone else has done in this thread you have stated no opinion and just gone after me because i disagree with Catholicism and believe that priests should not protect pedophiles. how about instead of making up face facts to attack me with you figure out where you stand on the subject.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-17-2019, 8:38 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Mossy,

In the Catholic Church, the Sacrament of Confession is a Sacred pillar of the Church. Man shall make no law that can weaken, diminish, or reduce the force of conviction of this Sacrament.
I respect your point of view, and understand your feelings. But the State of California has another agenda, I believe. I am so very tired of this state, it’s politicians, the whole LBGTQRSTUV crowd. And the incremental destruction of the rights of good people, who want be left alone.
Yes, bad people need to go jail. Yes the track record of the Church is poor. But having the State sticking its nose into sacred practices no. A2
Old 07-17-2019, 8:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It's a slippery slope. I am all in favor of privileged communication/relationships: Patient/medical practitioner, spouse/spouse and clergy/parishioner, but I see a need for reporting. However, the axe hats in sacramento are always finding yet another way to chip away at this. Seems there are more and more mandated reports (child abuse, elder abuse, spousal abuse, etc) as time goes on.

Front Sight Commander Member www.frontsight.com
NRA Benefactor Life Member www.nra.org
CRPA Life Member www.crpa.org
NRA Instructor: Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Range Safety Officer
Range Safety Officer - South Bay Rod and Gun Club www.sbrgc.org
Old 07-18-2019, 2:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCM16A2 View Post
Hi Mossy,

In the Catholic Church, the Sacrament of Confession is a Sacred pillar of the Church. Man shall make no law that can weaken, diminish, or reduce the force of conviction of this Sacrament.
I respect your point of view, and understand your feelings. But the State of California has another agenda, I believe. I am so very tired of this state, itís politicians, the whole LBGTQRSTUV crowd. And the incremental destruction of the rights of good people, who want be left alone.
Yes, bad people need to go jail. Yes the track record of the Church is poor. But having the State sticking its nose into sacred practices no. A2

Should the priests responsibility be to save the pedophiles from he11 or save the children from the pedophiles? Pedo A walks into a church and starts talking about how much he loves abusing kids. Priest has the ability to stop the abuse right then and there by calling the police and having a pedo removed from the community. Or the priest can talk about sin,he11 and how abusing kids is wrong while the pedo goes home and keeps abusing the kid. How exactly is protecting a child from a pedophile part of the LGBT agenda? Seems like the LGBT agenda already infiltrated the church with the decades of sexual abuse and cover-ups. At what point does the priest become responsible for the ongoing abuse when he knows what's happening, has the power to stop it, but does nothing except quote bible verses to the person doing it? Are good people really good people when they do nothing to stop or prevent the sexual abuse of a child.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-18-2019, 2:26 PM

Mossy has already proven himself as an ignorant moron incapable of defending his positions. His conspiracy theory and subsequent tirade about the Catholic Church being the cause of teen pregnancy should not be forgotten. This dirtbag pops up in any conversation pertaining to Catholicism simply to go on the attack. you would think he would be more focused on his own faith?

Speaking of which is it a tenant of Buddhism to attack other religions in the name of Buddhism?
Old 07-18-2019, 3:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Mossy has already proven himself as an ignorant moron incapable of defending his positions. His conspiracy theory and subsequent tirade about the Catholic Church being the cause of teen pregnancy should not be forgotten. This dirtbag pops up in any conversation pertaining to Catholicism simply to go on the attack. you would think he would be more focused on his own faith?

Speaking of which is it a tenant of Buddhism to attack other religions in the name of Buddhism?
And once again you don't make any comment about the original post. Instead you go on to break the rules of DOF and launch personal attacks. If you don't like me or what I have to say, put me on your ignore list. It's really easy to do.

How are you not banned yet......

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-18-2019, 6:49 PM

You know exactly what I’m talking about. And yet months later the double standard still only applies to you. And you still can’t explain yourself.

Why the constant animosity towards Catholics?
Old 07-18-2019, 6:54 PM

Show of hands.

Have any Christians here made a point of attacking Buddhists? Or making things up and attributing them to other faiths the way Mossy and his fellow Buddhists have?
Old 07-19-2019, 5:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Show of hands.

Have any Christians here made a point of attacking Buddhists? Or making things up and attributing them to other faiths the way Mossy and his fellow Buddhists have?

Attacking:

Quote:

Making things up:

Quote:
So youíre in favor of the Buddhist run concentration camps that Muslims are being forced into in China?
Fellow? I'm like the only Buddhist who posts here anymore.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-19-2019, 1:02 PM

I suggest a compromise. How about we let the priests keep their secrets but we make them classify it as a form of witchcraft? Actual witchcraft should be classified as an unfortunate misunderstanding of pagan/natural religion but abuse of others (especially children) is about as close to real devil worship as I can think of. Then we free up the Jesuits to put the Spanish Inquisition back into play against these "witches" and "warlocks" and let them sort it all out among themselves.

Seems to go right up there with reintroducing grizzly bears to their native habitats in CA (urban coastal cities) -- things may just work themselves out on their own...
Old 07-20-2019, 6:48 AM

Always the coward Mossy still can't defend himself despite having months to prepare.
Old 07-20-2019, 1:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Always the coward Mossy still can't defend himself despite having months to prepare.
Have you seriously been waiting months to confront some random guy on the internet you never met? I dont need to defend myself over my beliefs. I am not going to change my opposition to the Catholic church protecting pedophiles and it's political leanings just because it hurts your feelings.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-21-2019, 3:19 PM

No just not going let you get away with lying, making things up and generally attacking Catholics for no apparent reason. Anyone here who thinks they should be polite to you should know that you’ve already been caught lying on here in an attempt to slander Catholics.

And you still aren’t man enough to own up to you’re lies.
Old 07-21-2019, 4:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Geez you two, get a room.

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
No more stupid threads. you have my word
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
Rule 1 I'll admit I'm a jerk when I post stupid thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher View Post
I'll do the picking.. Name wise .. if you don't mind...
Helmut Shmacher- Formerly lugerdevil666
Old 07-28-2019, 9:50 PM
Norville Iron Bank
CGN Contributor

Confession is good for the soul. What is said in the confessional is between the confessor and God. And it necessarily follows God's intercessor, the Priest.

To remove that religious right will not stop crimes. It will only stop confessions. Many is the time a sinner confessing to the Priest will be ashamed enough to come in and confess to the police. It used to happen more often when there was more guilt and more religion in society.

Today we have less guilt and fewer confessions over crime. Which is why we see people shooting up schools and innocent children. We never saw that in the days of the wild west where nearly every one went to church and nearly everyone had guns. Murders were done in anger, in the middle a robbery that went down worse than the robbers intended. Senseless killing for seemingly no reason was rare back then. People had a conscience back then, they weren't taught to rid themselves of guilt. They were taught to rid themselves of sin.