Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 04-29-2015, 9:16 AM

Default OC appt tomorrow, GC statement or blank

All,

I have my long awaited appointment tomorrow and have tried to catch up on the "permits on hold" in OC.

My question is 2fold and a PM answer is fine if needed..

1. Besides claiming SD, can anyone provide pointers on the GC statement?
2. Based on reading the forums, it sounds like people are leaving this blank on the application .. Is that the case?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:06 AM
Veteran Member

This may sound like it but please don't take offense for what I'm going to ask...

Having read the recent posts (several of them) on OC and how the En Banc decision has influenced the GC requirements, as you have claimed, I'm not sure why you are starting a separate thread asking these two questions, as all those threads provide about as much information as anyone could guess at this moment...

Without knowing your personal safety concern, it would be hard for anyone to give you pointers on GC. And since it seems no one who applied after the 3/26 decision has been granted a permit so far, how to go about the GC is anyone's guess. Only consensus right now is be courteous in your GC, and to list as many specific and person safety concerns as possible. Some have also said the investigator would read what you have during the interview and tell you whether it would be good enough on the spot and you are able to email them more later... Again, everything is a blur at this moment.

With regards to your second question... I would not leave that blank. Self-Defense is not good enough so don't even put that. I personally believe some people leave it blank because they don't have enough room on the app to put their GC so they attach their GC letter to the application. Put at least "see attached Good Cause letter" there.

Last edited by pklin1297; 04-29-2015 at 11:15 AM..
Old 04-29-2015, 7:00 PM

No offense taken, I started a thread because I had specific questions that .. as you alluded to, were not answered in the other posts.

"as all those threads provide about as much information as anyone could guess at this moment... "

I would have assumed someone would have some info here on this but again, as related to my questions, there were no definitive answers.

No big deal at all, I am going in with what I got and will see what happens.
Old 04-29-2015, 8:23 PM
Banned

How about Isis in California? How about the amount of criminal undocumented illegal aliens that have been released into the population that are a threat to the average citizen? Or how about global warming and the Progressive take over of the Country? How about the drought? The list could go on and on and on...Oh nevermind, I forgot that is all due to GWB! ��

Last edited by wisardd1; 04-29-2015 at 8:26 PM..
Old 04-29-2015, 8:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisardd1 View Post
How about Isis in California? How about the amount of criminal undocumented illegal aliens that have been released into the population that are a threat to the average citizen? Or how about global warming and the Progressive take over of the Country? How about the drought? The list could go on and on and on...
Let's see... No, no, no, no, and no on the rest of the list that you might be alluding to if they follow the same pattern.

I would love it for someone to try it, and get a permit based on all these and prove me wrong though...

Last edited by pklin1297; 04-29-2015 at 8:31 PM..
Old 04-29-2015, 9:28 PM

OP... good luck tomorrow. please report back and let us know how it goes. My appt in on friday (may 1) so Id like to hear how things are moving along these days
Old 04-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Banned

Yea, I guess the reasons must be PC. There are too many Nazi lowriders. Police are killing black people at the drop of a hat. The smelt are dying because of all the greedy farmers, global warming is causing vets to kill people, wounded warriors are causing a dependecy on welfare and sub-assistance. It takes too long for people to get from Bakersfield to Clovis. Green lawns are creating to much envy. People who smell good are draining resources creating deprivation, etc. It has become a dog eat dog survival game just to make it through the day. If that isnt good cause, what is?
Old 05-01-2015, 10:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

How'd it go, OP?
Old 05-02-2015, 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trriemferent View Post
OP... good luck tomorrow. please report back and let us know how it goes. My appt in on friday (may 1) so Id like to hear how things are moving along these days
This too. Let us know how it went please.
Old 05-02-2015, 1:11 PM

A not too interesting update,

I had a lunch scheduled for the day of my appt so I called the department and asked how bad the delay would be if I rescheduled.

She had told me that normally, my appointment would have been moved back to December (in which I would have bailed on my lunch meeting) but so many people are cancelling that she could get me a new appt on 5/20.

I was fine with that and moved my original back 4 weeks.
Old 05-02-2015, 1:53 PM

Wow, it must have been some good lunch to push your appointment off. Hope nothing changes for the worse in 3 weeks.
Old 05-02-2015, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPI View Post
Wow, it must have been some good lunch to push your appointment off.
lol...
Old 05-03-2015, 1:18 PM

I literally put "personal defense" as my good cause. Just those two words, that's all that's required and I wouldn't put anything more because all you will do is give them more to question you on or find a reason to deny you.
Old 05-03-2015, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Killer Sandwich View Post
I literally put "personal defense" as my good cause. Just those two words, that's all that's required and I wouldn't put anything more because all you will do is give them more to question you on or find a reason to deny you.
If you're following the current scene, you should know that self-defense as your good cause isn't applicable anymore.
Old 05-03-2015, 2:41 PM

I thought that decision hadn't been made yet and that we're still waiting to see? Have I missed something?
Old 05-03-2015, 3:17 PM

Quote:
I thought that decision hadn't been made yet and that we're still waiting to see? Have I missed something?
From OCSD website: http://ocsd.org/about/info/services/ccw

Quote:
New applicants, and those applicants currently in process, will be required to articulate their safety concerns and provide supporting documentation in accordance with the Orange County Sheriff’s Department’s (OCSD) Policy 218. Licenses approved after Thursday, March 26, 2015, are subject to the good cause requirement in OCSD Policy 218.
Old 05-03-2015, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Welcome to last week....3/26 to be more accurate.
Old 05-03-2015, 5:57 PM

Well that sucks, I hope they get this all sorted by the time I need to renew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig-guy View Post
Welcome to last week....3/26 to be more accurate.
I work 14 hour days 6 days a week, so I'm not able to keep up with absolutely every thing that goes on.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I work 14 hour days 6 days a week, so I'm not able to keep up with absolutely every thing that goes on.
WTLW is kinda like TTIWWOP ("this thread is worthless without pics"). Can never miss a chance to call someone out

But anyway...if you look at the first page of the section you posted in you'll see:
- "Orange County Permits on Hold"
and
- "OCSD's Position on CCW in Response to Peruta En Banc"

Both with tons of great info.