Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 06-04-2014, 4:04 PM

Default Raahauges has cancelled Corona Jun 14-15 2014 Appleseed

We currently (5pm Jun 4 2014) have 13 signed up shooters for the Corona Jun 14-15 2014 Appleseed at Raahauges.

It seems Pat has noticed that Sun 15 is Father's day and feels he can get more money for that bay by cancelling us out at the last minute on Sunday.

Appleseed attendees at Raahuagues pay $20 per day per person or $10 per child per day (child being 17 and under).

So on my current signups we have 12 x 2 * 20 plus 1 x 2 *10 = 25 x 20 = $500 for the weekend rental of the bay.

Normally, Pat rents bays at $30 per person per 2 to 4 hours? Personally I can't see why he thinks more people will come out on a Sunday just because its Father's day when previous threads on our shoots show people are less inclined becasue of family committments on such days.

Anyway, he's going to have his staff phone me back tomorrow to let us know if they are going to cancel our shoot. I've told them its a two day course and if he cancels sunday, saturday goes as well as we'll have to cancel the whole shoot.

So if you are thinking of coming out next weekend, 14/15 Father's Day, please sign up on eventbrite asap so I can argue with $$$

If we do have to cancel you won't lose anything, as Appleseed is very good at using the email contact on eventbrite to inform you and arrange your money back.

Here's the signup link on eventbrite

and heres the info on the range.

If you have any questions please post here so I can answer for everyone.

Please know I'm working hard to keep them to their committment on the range dates but I can use your help, which at Raahauge's means shooters on the line, cash on the table.

If you are already signed up for this shoot DON'T PANIC, this is not a notice that we are cancelling. So don't do anything yet. I will know one way or the other by the end of this week and will repost accordingly.

Followed up today, he has cancelled all the bay reservations because so many people are phoning up for bays for Father's day.

Everyone who has signed up for the Applseed on eventbrite will be notified by their email of the cancellation.

Sorry for this but Raahauges is Raahauges...

There is a shoot the same weekend at Angeles Shooting Ranges (called Sunland CA on the appleseed sites) on Eagles Nest A. That already had 8 shooter pre-reg'd and that range can't accomodate more the 12-15 shooters but it is only $10 per day per person.

The other alternative is Piru the week after 21-22.

Cheers
V

Last edited by V; 06-06-2014 at 3:18 PM..
Old 06-05-2014, 6:56 AM

Bump. I think a weekend at the range with your son or daughter attending an Appleseed is a GREAT way to spend Father's Day.

Good Luck V!

Old 06-06-2014, 3:03 PM

Edited original message with status update, changed thread title.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:38 PM

One pair on the original signup haven't responded to the cancellation notice emails, everyone else has decided to transfer or get a refund to try again later.

Check your spam filters if you were coming to this...

Last edited by V; 06-13-2014 at 3:55 PM..