Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-05-2013, 2:57 AM
Veteran Member

Thank you !
Old 03-05-2013, 3:50 AM
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincon View Post
That I do. But I am far more appalled by the Judas than the Sanhedrin (in the biblical sense).

So the only groups you consistently don't mention, and so don't fiercely, rabidly disparage, are the NRA and the CRPA. Can we assume that you are a shill for those groups? Are you paid by them to come sh*t on CalGuns? Sow despair and discontent. Fight to tear down the good work being done here.

Out of all the supposedly Pro 2nd Amendment Rights groups, the NRA and the CRAP are far better suited to be cast in the Judas roles than any of the others.

Please reveal your true hidden motivation that leads you to attack our good cause. What secret evil master do you serve?

If the NRA and CRPA could just shut up, get out of the way, and leave us alone it would be a lot easier for all of us to do our part.
Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - Search 'Concealed Weapons Permit Information Sacramento'
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Animated US Map Showing Progress of Concealed Carry Laws 1986 to 2021 http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php
Old 03-05-2013, 6:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So again, there is nothing to support the idea that I have a personal vendetta against Gene or CGF. It's seems to be a defensive accusation supplied by those who don't like what I have to say.
Really, now?

Perhaps a little history? Maybe into one of your former screen names is in order?

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 03-05-2013, 7:46 AM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaLiberal View Post
So the only groups you consistently don't mention, and so don't fiercely, rabidly disparage, are the NRA and the CRPA. Can we assume that you are a shill for those groups? Are you paid by them to come sh*t on CalGuns? Sow despair and discontent. Fight to tear down the good work being done here.

Please reveal your true hidden motivation that leads you to attack our good cause. What secret evil master do you serve?

If the NRA and CRPA could just shut up, get out of the way, and leave us alone it would be a lot easier for all of us to do our part.
The only secret evil master I serve is my long held caramel cheese corn addiction. So what are your motivations? Are you paid by CGF to come on here and insist that CGF is the true Califonia 2A group despite the fact that it has accomplished nothing? Or is your loyalty getting in the way of your common sense?
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Old 03-05-2013, 7:57 AM
Veteran Member

Maybe its time we all stop feeding the troll?
Old 03-05-2013, 8:11 AM

Quote:
So are you saying conservatives are anti-gun?
they absolutely can be. It's a myth and a dangerous one that only "liberals" are anti gun.

you go far enough to the right they want to ban guns too.
Old 03-05-2013, 8:21 AM

Both parties want to restrict those rights they don't agree with. To claim one is more pro-freedom in regards to ALL rights compared to another is being intellectually dishonest.

However where the 2nd amendment is concerned it is pretty clear that Democrats only want the State to be armed.
Old 03-05-2013, 9:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm in general agreement but note that even Reep sheriffs aren't lining up to be objectively shall-issue.

-Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNinerFan View Post
Both parties want to restrict those rights they don't agree with. To claim one is more pro-freedom in regards to ALL rights compared to another is being intellectually dishonest.

However where the 2nd amendment is concerned it is pretty clear that Democrats only want the State to be armed.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglemike View Post
Why couldn’t it be a combination of things…?
Every result is the outcome of a combination of factors. I touched on this in my inexplicably deleted post on leadership and strategy in the right-to-arms movement.

In reference to current SAF litigation …
Nationwide, the NRA strategy had worked reasonably well.… Specifically, [it] doubtlessly helped to put George W. Bush in the White House, which in turn shaped the Supreme Court and made Heller and McDonald possible.…
Of course, that is only one example. Even the prohibitionists’ actions factor into certain RKBA victories.

As I’ve said before, I don’t care who gets the glory as long as the people get a functional, meaningful civil right to arms.
Old 03-05-2013, 1:05 PM

All I'm going to say is thanks to all those behind the scenes working to remedy this situation. I have my Nevada permit yet the screwy loons running CA (and more specifically Santa Cruz) seem to believe that everyday Jane and John Doe's have no right to personal protection via concealed carry. I look forward to the day I can KNOWINGLY apply AND be approved as easy as my Nevada permit was.

Keep up the fight - we will prevail!
“To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying arm… is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.”

- Wilson vs. State
Old 03-05-2013, 2:24 PM

I don't know all the ins, outs, and strategies

But I trust you to fight the good fight

And thank you for it
Old 03-05-2013, 2:47 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
Maybe its time we all stop feeding the troll?
Agree.

Done.
Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - Search 'Concealed Weapons Permit Information Sacramento'
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Animated US Map Showing Progress of Concealed Carry Laws 1986 to 2021 http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php
Old 03-05-2013, 3:49 PM

Gene, I applied in Sac County in 2008 and was denied. Thanks to your (all) efforts, I reapplied in 2010 and received my permit, which I renewed last year. Thank you for all your efforts and the efforts of the Foundation. I donate when I can because I can better protect my family dues to the work of this site...
Old 03-07-2013, 7:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

First, to that newbie who was whining that CGF chose to defend our R to BA before our Right to EBRs: that question was debated on CGN years ago. Why weren't you here? Too late to try to change horses in mid stream.The train has left the station. Get on board or .... Nobody is abandoning EBRs. Limited time, money and manpower forces setting priorities. More $$$, means more lawyers, means more things can be done simultaneously (assming that won't mess up strategy). Donate some time, money, and/or effort.

There are plenty of substitutes for EBRs: LARs, bolt guns w/DBMs, etc. that would have sufficed over the past 10 years. There is NO SUBSTITUTE for a LTC and over the past 10 years plenty of people in CA having been murdered, raped, and/or maimed because they did not have a LTC.

CGF Team: thanks for all your efforts. Look forward to July 2014 (or earlier), assuming O doesn't get another anti on SCOTUS....

Re. the quote below: Don't forget that A-hern in Alameda.... Things have gotten so bad in Oakland that folks have given up on reporting crimes to the police and are patrolling the streets (unarmed?), themselves.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...k3nXwE.twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post

We knew that this was going to take some time, especially as we waited on Nordyke and McDonald. As such, we decided to take a parallel track to begin cleaning up policies and practices in other counties around California. This effort, which we dubbed the “Carry License Sunshine and Compliance Initiative”, would be valuable to Californians in a number of ways (it is also a model program for other similarly-situated states). The Initiative’s bottom line is that it has (and continues to have) more people carrying in the time between when we filed Sykes/Richards and the soon-to-come Supreme Court decision on carry as a right. In [the next post below] we detail the progress we've made under this initiative in Counties like Ventura, San Mateo, Stanislaus, Merced, and Shasta. We've also begun the fight in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Los Angeles Counties as well.

Last edited by Paladin; 03-08-2013 at 4:45 AM..
Old 03-07-2013, 9:17 PM
Veteran Member

Good job Gene! You are going down in history for saving innocent lives and keeping this c*ntree free! (yes.. I spelled that right... at least for now... )
I know that the love and respect for people and our country are the real reason you put up with all this krap.
KUDOS!
Old 03-10-2013, 5:22 AM

Okay, I give up!

Tincon is really Billy Jack, right? Or his side-kick (who's name I can't remember).

Semper Fi!

Old 03-10-2013, 9:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebronze View Post
Okay, I give up!

Tincon is really Billy Jack, right? Or his side-kick (who's name I can't remember).
Can't be Billy Jack, he hasn't mentioned Obama, conspiracy, or black helicopters...
Old 03-10-2013, 3:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebronze View Post
Okay, I give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardW56 View Post
Can't be Billy Jack, he hasn't mentioned Obama, conspiracy, or black helicopters...
No, no people - I do this for others, it's fair for Tincon: membership at Calguns is not dependent on on the membership knowing anything at all about oneself. Anonymity is within the rules; speculation on the forums about 'real names' or whatever is always off topic, unless the subject member brings it up for discussion.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 03-11-2013, 2:14 AM

Going for my Livescan tomorow! Thanks Gene and CGF, SAF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread

Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!

Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.